GT insurance

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Just got quoted 200$ less a year for my GT-S over my current Jeep Grand Cherokee from Erie insurance, though my broker. I’m bundled already with home and umbrella. Same coverages.
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I was just reviewing insurance to see what savings I could have for storing the Mach-E GT PE for the winter... comprehensive only while in storage and <6K miles, and it projects to only save $17 per month (~$200). I thought it would save a lot more.
Why not just remove it completely from the policy and then put it back?

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Not OP but in MD you get fined for that. If the car is registered it needs to be insured.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Not OP but in MD you get fined for that. If the car is registered it needs to be insured.
You just fill up the Non Use waiver form for DMV and you are fine

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Need to maintain comprehensive coverage... ie. it would be covered in case of fire in the home / garage, etc. And lender would still require some base level coverage even if stored.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Wow.
I’m envious of where you guys live because auto insurance rates here in GA are much higher.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I was just reviewing insurance to see what savings I could have for storing the Mach-E GT PE for the winter... comprehensive only while in storage and <6K miles, and it projects to only save $17 per month (~$200). I thought it would save a lot more.

Baseline - State Farm, Iowa - 5 cars, 2 mopeds/scooters, general liability, homeowners:
  1. 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum Hybrid $787 annual
  2. 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE $1,008 annual (could be $800 w/ <6K miles, storage 6 months)
  3. 2021 Mustang Mach-E Select $874 annual
  4. 2021 Escape SE $730 annual
  5. 2016 Explorer Platinum $934 annual - son age 20 and daughter age 22 assigned to this
And then... this happened this morning! Got rear ended. I thought brand new Mach-Es had a forcefield around them? No? Other insurance company (AllState) will be covering this... :mad: Everyone ok... that's what insurance is for...

IMG_8062.JPG
Really sorry that happened to you. Appropriate license plate considering everyone is ok ?

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I just quoted mine trough my geico. I'm home and 2 cars bundled and it went up 10$ every 6 months adding the Mache and removing my 18 Edge Sport. I don't understand insurance prices. My wife had 2020 Lincoln Aviator Reserve that we lemon lawed and in turn we bought a 2021 Aviator Black Label GT which is stickered almost 30k more and her rate went down 45$ over 6 months we were both very confused.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Baseline - State Farm, Iowa - 5 cars, 2 mopeds/scooters, general liability, homeowners:
  1. 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum Hybrid $787 annual
  2. 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE $1,008 annual (could be $800 w/ <6K miles, storage 6 months)
  3. 2021 Mustang Mach-E Select $874 annual
  4. 2021 Escape SE $730 annual
  5. 2016 Explorer Platinum $934 annual - son age 20 and daughter age 22 assigned to this
And then... this happened this morning! Got rear ended. I thought brand new Mach-Es had a forcefield around them? No? Other insurance company (AllState) will be covering this... :mad: Everyone ok... that's what insurance is for...

IMG_8062.JPG
Ohh Nooo! Sorry to hear that. ? wishing you a fast and perfect repair!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I just redid my Geico quote since the last one expired. I bundle home and auto. Have my wife and a teenaged daughter on the policy. The GT will increase my 6 month balance by $429

Visigoth_X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Occupation
Nursing
Country flag
Paying $792 annually for my GT with State Farm. Have all the multi-line discounts. It would have been $672 if I wanted to keep the "Drive Safe and Save", but I found it to be too conservative as even the Rav4 would get dinged for accelerating and taking corners too fast.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I just wrote a policy for a GT here in California.
No house
No multi car discount.
It was in the $500-600 range. Maybe slightly higher.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The big 3 State Farm/Farmers/Allstate will normally be higher and there is a reason for it. I should know as I was a farmers agent in California for 31 years.
The big 3 have to average their losses over many factors and those include the bundles ones. Houses in California have gone through the roof due to both covid and trucking and lack of supplies. Cars have gone up as well for the same reason. Independent companies like Progressive, Safeco and Mercury as well as others work on different paradigms. The big 3 count on long time confidence. Allstate figured out this model no longer works. Allstate is now going to independent brokers like me because we can put a home with company A and car with B. Bundling discounts are not as great as you think.

for example Mercury gives a discount on a Costco/Sams club card. This discount is FAR greater than a home discount.

MinervaDreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Looks about right. This is on USAA if we were to replace my wife’s MKC. ~$21 more per month.

C2FF6593-9296-458C-9853-21B695C35BC1.jpeg
Sponsored