machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
I got the GTPE for the magne ride (and the wheels) since I read/saw reviews that mentioned the bounciness in other trims. I had some friends visit this weekend and we took a short road trip. NY roads are awful, but we still got quite a bit more bounce than on my 7 year old Lexus NX. My friend's daughter almost threw up from the ride. Anyone else seeing bounciness on the GTPE as well? I was in whisper mode which helps around town, on highways engage/unbridled does help to tighten things up. I love the ride otherwise...

Note I have the OEM summer tires - I'm going to get all season in a couple of months before winter (continental or michelin pilot) which I think may help as well.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Is the bounce in the front or rear? There is a theory that the sway bar is too tight and could be causing some bounce action. But generally very few people are complaining about the bounce in the GTPE.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
The dampers feel different in each of the drive modes. In Whisper, the ride is controlled well but comfy. In Unbridled itā€™s tight so youā€™ll feel everything but not bouncy like the non-Performance models. Also should check your cold tire pressure as the cars ship from the factory over-inflated.

Cool Papa B

First Name
Oyebadejo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Question; this might be off topic, but of the 3 Moses is there one that gives you more range or are they all the same in that category?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question; this might be off topic, but of the 3 Moses is there one that gives you more range or are they all the same in that category?
They should all be the same as far as range is concerned. I certainly haven't noticed any difference. Changing drive modes affects the throttle response, steering feel, stability control, deceleration rate and active damper stiffness (GTPE only). On the interior, the different drive modes changes instrument cluster graphics and color, ambient lighting (if selected) and interior sound (if selected).

Cool Papa B

First Name
Oyebadejo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Thanks. After my software update yesterday I decided to switch from unbridled to engage and I have to say the engage mode feel more quiet

OP
OP
machdady

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
Is the bounce in the front or rear? There is a theory that the sway bar is too tight and could be causing some bounce action. But generally very few people are complaining about the bounce in the GTPE.
That's what I'm concerned about - why is mine bouncy. It's really both front and back, worse in back.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I got the GTPE for the magne ride (and the wheels) since I read/saw reviews that mentioned the bounciness in other trims. I had some friends visit this weekend and we took a short road trip. NY roads are awful, but we still got quite a bit more bounce than on my 7 year old Lexus NX. My friend's daughter almost threw up from the ride. Anyone else seeing bounciness on the GTPE as well? I was in whisper mode which helps around town, on highways engage/unbridled does help to tighten things up. I love the ride otherwise...

Note I have the OEM summer tires - I'm going to get all season in a couple of months before winter (continental or michelin pilot) which I think may help as well.
Have you played with tire pressures ?

As for winter tires, consider winter tires - they grip very well all season long.

OP
OP
machdady

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
Have you played with tire pressures ?

As for winter tires, consider winter tires - they grip very well all season long.
they are actually a bit low. But I should confirm these are accurate. Will check out winter tires!

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE still bouncy? 1659632951201

OP
OP
machdady

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
I agree. And makes me wanna bring it to the dealer. When we test drove a GT I donā€™t remember this bounciness (and it wasnā€™t a PE with magneride).

I canā€™t wait till my dealer looks at me nuts. Would be great if @Ford Motor Company had information

OP
OP
machdady

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
Have you checked to make sure you don't have the transport locks still on the shocks? I know it has been added to the delivery checklist now, but you never know!
I totally thought that and my partner said I was nuts. Is it obvious to see?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I totally thought that and my partner said I was nuts. Is it obvious to see?
Yeah, here's a thread, there is also another thread with the actual bulletin to dealers. They can be a different color, but you just get under there with a flash light and should be able to see them.

Sponsored