Has anyone gotten confirmation their Machdrop FE is in the order book yet?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I really think the "priority code" is irrelevant for MMEs this year. I think it applies more to normal inventory orders.

Sounds like you have a printout of the WBDO order. Ford logo upper left. "Preview Order xxxx - K3S Premium AWD", etc. If so, that's good as it confirms it's actually in the order bank.
Agreed.....for Retail orders that would be mostly true. I say 'mostly' because the code matters, but to a MUCH lesser extent since the MME is a new model. Once Stock orders begin again then priority code should have a larger impact on scheduling. I think....
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Priority code 19 is the default for a WBDO order. The dealer can push that up to priority 10. It appears that many Mach Drops were pushed to priority code 2 by Ford, mine was. I would not be surprised to see AJ's order pushed to priority 2 and get scheduled for week of Jan 4th, with the rest of the Mach drops. We are both in the Seattle region and the Ford regional office pushed mine to priority 2 according to my dealer.
Good point. I was told something similar.
Priority codes in single digits are administered by the regional office or head office at Ford. The information posted above proves that priority codes do matter some.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Priority code 19 is the default for a WBDO order. The dealer can push that up to priority 10. It appears that many Mach Drops were pushed to priority code 2 by Ford, mine was. I would not be surprised to see AJ's order pushed to priority 2 and get scheduled for week of Jan 4th, with the rest of the Mach drops. We are both in the Seattle region and the Ford regional office pushed mine to priority 2 according to my dealer.
Mine was a 19 (and has a Jan 4 build date). Maybe it changed later after my dealer printed it out for me, but since Machdrops were entered into WBDO by Ford rather than the dealer, I'd think they'd have just entered them that way to start.

But who knows, maybe they decided to change them later to 2's just to differentiate them as MachDrops from other FEs? Might be the only field on there they could use to differentiate it (not for priority purposes but just as an easy Machdop flag).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That is normal or standard priority code for Mach Es. If your dealer is driven, he may know of higher priority codes to use that work for the dealership. For Mach Drops I have seen priority 10 as well which is the highest the dealer can request I believe.
My standard reservation started as a 19 in WBDO but then the dealer bumped it to 10. However, as said here, that may not matter.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My standard reservation started as a 19 in WBDO but then the dealer bumped it to 10. However, as said here, that may not matter.
I'd love to see priority codes listed in the order tracking spreadsheet, too.

I have a 19, and no build date as of yet. I wonder if it matters.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Mine was changed to a 2.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My Drop says 10, but still hasn't been scheduled. I've heard they are filling the FE drops in batches to try to feed them in for January builds. Still seems odd and haphazard to me, but since there aren't that many overall, it's likely that they will all pretty much build and ship at the same time. My guess is deliveries of these will be late February at best.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

My priority code is 99 and the car was assembled on Wednesday (11/18/20)

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I doubt it, for this early reservation/order-only stage.

Many months from now when MMEs are actually in dealer stock like other models, then probably.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You meant 19, right?
And if so, that's encouraging. Thanks.
Not a typo. 99 is correct.
The priority codes are applied to dealer orders. The code has no effect once the vehicle is schedule for production, at least none that I am aware of.

As best as I understand...
There are several types of orders. Special 1-9, Retail 10-19, Stock 20-80, Stock 81-99. There are several codes for Stock Fleet, Dealer etc. Fleet stock seems to have priority over dealer stock from what I can see.

Generally speaking, dealers get to submit orders once a week. Each dealer has an allocation which is basically a way to limit how many of their orders will be accepted that week. If a dealership exceeds their allocation, then the regional agent will need to approve an allocation transfer from another dealership in the region if there are any available. Usually it occurs between dealers in the same ownership group but not always.

In any given week, if a dealership's order remains within the allocations then priority code doesn't really matter all that much. It does affect scheduling to a small degree but still within a 1 or 2 week period at most. If a dealership has many more orders than allocated that round then priority code will determine which "clean" orders are accepted and which will need to wait until the next round of allocations for that dealership. In this case, it appears that Mach E orders were scheduled every 2 weeks instead of every week, at least for the first couple of months.

It also appears that final destination affects the scheduling to a fair degree. I really don't have any idea of those parameters though....

At any rate, my vehicle is a Stock order priority code 99. Basically that means it was scheduled to be right towards the tail end of the production run right before OKTB. That was exactly what I preferred. I was hoping the car would be built and ready to ship when OKTB was given but I didn't want the car to be too early in the MP1 or MP2 run for a few reasons.

So, we can add priority code to the tracking sheet but it won't really teach us much because we would need to know the dealership, their allocations and if they submitted "clean" orders.

Attachments

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Not a typo. 99 is correct.
The priority codes are applied to dealer orders. The code has no effect once the vehicle is schedule for production, at least none that I am aware of.

As best as I understand...
There are several types of orders. Special 1-9, Retail 10-19, Stock 20-80, Stock 81-99. There are several codes for Stock Fleet, Dealer etc. Fleet stock seems to have priority over dealer stock from what I can see.

Generally speaking, dealers get to submit orders once a week. Each dealer has an allocation which is basically a way to limit how many of their orders will be accepted that week. If a dealership exceeds their allocation, then the regional agent will need to approve an allocation transfer from another dealership in the region if there are any available. Usually it occurs between dealers in the same ownership group but not always.

In any given week, if a dealership's order remains within the allocations then priority code doesn't really matter all that much. It does affect scheduling to a small degree but still within a 1 or 2 week period at most. If a dealership has many more orders than allocated that round then priority code will determine which "clean" orders are accepted and which will need to wait until the next round of allocations for that dealership. In this case, it appears that Mach E orders were scheduled every 2 weeks instead of every week, at least for the first couple of months.

It also appears that final destination affects the scheduling to a fair degree. I really don't have any idea of those parameters though....

At any rate, my vehicle is a Stock order priority code 99. Basically that means it was scheduled to be right towards the tail end of the production run right before OKTB. That was exactly what I preferred. I was hoping the car would be built and ready to ship when OKTB was given but I didn't want the car to be too early in the MP1 or MP2 run for a few reasons.

So, we can add priority code to the tracking sheet but it won't really teach us much because we would need to know the dealership, their allocations and if they submitted "clean" orders.
Very informative. Thanks.
At this point, a lot of us on these forums are halfway done with Ford Motor Co. sales /production training I feel like, and now we can all go get jobs there... Lol.

I was going to ask the dealer to see if they could bump mine to a 10, but at this point, I'm worried any change will "reset" things, and I'll end up having to wait longer.
Sponsored