Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Hi Glen,
I saw the Ford branded unit was on back order so I used the links posted by @JRinOAK to order the items from Amazon. I think that is your best shot, or order a comparable but lower cost camera combo. I would highly recommend some type of external battery if you want parking mode activated so you aren’t drawing from the 12V battery when the car is off.

WC Ford charged me $400 for the install, and they have done several now so the technician who does the install is familiar with the install (their service manager and advisors are great btw). Perhaps you can ask their service manager to call WC Ford for advice?
I did. Thank you. I dont want the park mode. Just recording when driving. He said they only installed one camera in 2020 in a pick up truck. BIG THANK YOU for your advice to.
Sponsored

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
I just ordered the U1000 and have an appointment set up with Best Buy for installation later this month. I would like the ability to remote view the cameras using Thinkware’s cloud app but, obviously, the car’s hot spot only works when the car is running. What do you all recommend to make this work while the car is parked?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Did you guys ever see the front mirror hookups to dash cams by DONOGAR technologies? On you tube. I rmailed them. Got a reply. They are working on one for the Mach-e. They have the Bronco one out now. It looks very good/differant. Neat clean set up. Just a suggestion. I dont know how to put a link in here.
I used one on my F150. It’s a good solution if you want a simple setup (I use a Garmin Mini2) with no parking mode. No soldering or messing with fuses required.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bumping thread.

So the best option is Thinkware U1000 front + rear with CellLink and radar module?

https://thinkwarestore.com/product/u1000d-bundle-ca/
https://www.amazon.com/THINKWARE-3840X2160-2560X1440-Dashboard-Recorder/dp/B07XD6FLSY

What about the iVolt battery pack instead of the CellLink?

https://thinkwarestore.com/product/external-battery-bab-50-hardwired-us

I don't need live viewing (never used this on my Teslas except for giggles.. saw two women posing in front of my car) nor cloud access. I just want high quality dashcam and some sort of "offline-recorded" Sentry mode when parked at some new area.

I had no idea BestBuy installed DashCams. How complicated is the wiring for the Thinkware?

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Installing the rear camera looked pretty complicated to me. Best Buy did a great job of it.

Metalhead23

First Name
Metal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Occupation
NA
Installing the rear camera looked pretty complicated to me. Best Buy did a great job of it.
Can you please describe in short how they did the install? power through OBD, fusebox or USB from front panel below the SYNC screen?
also, how about the rear camera, did they install it hiding all the wires and got the power from trunk outlet?
sorry about all the questions, just got our new MME and want to install something without risking the 12V battery.
Thank you.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Can you please describe in short how they did the install? power through OBD, fusebox or USB from front panel below the SYNC screen?
also, how about the rear camera, did they install it hiding all the wires and got the power from trunk outlet?
sorry about all the questions, just got our new MME and want to install something without risking the 12V battery.
Thank you.
Here is an old thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...hardwiring-a-dashcam-and-radar-detector.5542/

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
how much did the installation at best buy cost? they have the u1000 on sale for $330 right now but I balked when I saw the walnut creek Ford install cost $400(!)

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you.
Power from the fuse box. The rear camera gets power through the cable that connects to the front unit. There is no external power for it. Wires are all hidden.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
how much did the installation at best buy cost? they have the u1000 on sale for $330 right now but I balked when I saw the walnut creek Ford install cost $400(!)
I think it cost $80. I paid $60 online when I bought the camera and then another $20 was tasked on for the rear camera.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
If I were to purchase the Thinkware bundle with the radar accessory is it still advisable to get the battery?

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I were to purchase the Thinkware bundle with the radar accessory is it still advisable to get the battery?
I did. Doesn’t hurt.

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
This is a deep rabbit hole. I am just looking into it. There are so many dash cams, had no idea.
Sponsored