Here you go Polestar 2 massive problems.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Polestar 2 recall for Europe won't affect US cars, first deliveries soon
avatar-image-for-stephed_100440631_s.jpg

STEPHEN EDELSTEIN OCTOBER 6, 2020

Polestar 2 electric cars sold in China and Europe are being recalled due to an issue that could cause affected cars to shut off and be unable to restart. The recall does not affect any cars in North America.

After customers reported the issue, the electrified brand from Volvo Cars and Geely started a recall of roughly 2,200 cars currently in customer hands, according to a Friday report by Swedish publication Dager Industri (via Roadshow).

"We issued a voluntary safety recall for Polestar 2 after we investigated, verified and developed a solution for an issue reported by a small number of customers," spokesman JP Canton said in a statement to Green Car Reports.

"A fault in the logic of the Battery Energy Control Module requires a manual software update to be rectified. A total of 2,189 potentially affected registered customer vehicles in Europe and China are being recalled. No North American vehicles are impacted."

Canton also confirmed that United States deliveries hadn't quite started yet, and that cars for this market will be given a software update prior to delivery to correct the problem.

The Polestar 2 started production in March in Luqiao, China. At the time, Polestar said it planned to start U.S. deliveries by summer.

Polestar's second production model, and its first all-electric car, it marked the first deployment of a new interface and a new active-safety feature component set that will likely be shared with parent Volvo.

In a first drive we found it to mostly live up to the brand's performance emphasis, though its interior has an austere look and feel that not everyone will appreciate.

Polestar also last month pointed to "a disturbing lack of transparency" about carbon footprint, and pledged to disclose more about the total environmental impact of its cars.
Sponsored

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They slipped that by me. I've been checking regularly for quite a long time. I guess that finally ends the XC-40 as a contender for me. ☹ On the other hand, they did live up to their promise of "greater than 200 miles" from a year ago. ;)

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Most recalls are termed ‘voluntary’, but it’s often because the NHTSA has found something and will order it if the vehicle manufacturer doesn’t ‘voluntarily’ do it. See link.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most recalls are termed ‘voluntary’, but it’s often because the NHTSA has found something and will order it if the vehicle manufacturer doesn’t ‘voluntarily’ do it. See link.
Why don't they ask Tesla to recall their vehicles that have so many issues?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I also legitimately feel that Tesla's issues are often not reported to NHTSA in the first place because of the ownership relationship.

I also believe a lot of the issues don't fall into the scale or scope of a safety recall. Even the more extreme fails (the infamous roof thing for example) wouldn't rise to a recall if it's a one off thing, generally. The quality issues they face are generally random because of poor assembly, and random stuff doesn't get to a recall.
Sponsored