Here you go Polestar 2 massive problems.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So many Volvo cars with hybrid tech have issues. I know 2 different people who had multiple times new cars were flatbed back to the dealer. They have issues with their electric controls I think. I definitely would not buy any Volvo that’s not ice.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Woa Deja Vu! LOL

Just about all of those issues happened with the early Focus Electrics (2012-2014ish). On the Focus Electric forum the "Stop Safely Now" thread was the longest thread, by far (well over 1000 posts ;) ).

For a few people it did, indeed, just stop on the road or sitting at a light and bing "Stop Safely Now".

Fortunately, for me, my 2013 never exhibited the issue (and I got the software update that fixed most of the problem as soon as it was available). Don't think Ford ever recalled them as there wasn't that many FFE's on the road (I think Ford sold <1000 a year of them--the Mach-E is going to be a huge seller in comparison LOL).

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
...And the # 1 reason I chose the MME (getting back to the thread, “Polestar 2 vs MME) is that I have more trust that the Ford company is going to build me a great car all around —solidly built, technologically advanced, and extremely stylish. With everything that went into its development, I will be greatly surprised if MME has significant problems such as these. Nah, just not going to happen.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
So many Volvo cars with hybrid tech have issues. I know 2 different people who had multiple times new cars were flatbed back to the dealer. They have issues with their electric controls I think. I definitely would not buy any Volvo that’s not ice.
Our XC-90 PHEV has been awesome the past four years.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Had 3 in a row. no plugin or hybrid issues at all.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not worried about Volvo quality but rather commenting on the range estimate. At the same time that estimate for the Polestar 2 were being given as 270 miles, estimate from Volvo for the XC-40 were "greater than 200". That leaves a lot of wriggle room, but I'm afraid that XC-40 might not even break 200.
Sponsored