Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium X
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
I just got mine back on Thursday after 8 weeks. It was really ready after 6, but the computer wouldn’t allow it to charge to 100%, so they dropped the battery and manually balanced it. Its been fine ever since. Pushed it really hard this weekend without issue.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I posted on this issue earlier in June (5 June). My MME has been with the dealer since because I had to wait for the qualified Ford Engineers to travel to determine the issues. Parts have been sent and waiting for the engineers to come back to fix the problem. I have been told that my car will be ready later in July. Hope this will fix the problem as my MME has spent two months in my garage, and same amount of time at the dealership.
Ouch, sorry to hear this but happy to hear progress is being made!

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I posted on this issue earlier in June (5 June). My MME has been with the dealer since because I had to wait for the qualified Ford Engineers to travel to determine the issues. Parts have been sent and waiting for the engineers to come back to fix the problem. I have been told that my car will be ready later in July. Hope this will fix the problem as my MME has spent two months in my garage, and same amount of time at the dealership.

Update -6 August 2021 Finally got my vehicle back a week ago (Wednesday, 28 July) and it works great. The engineers from Toronto replaced 6 of the 10 battery packs (extended range battery). I followed up and called Ford Canada costumer service given nearly the two months wait time - they were great. Outstanding ... I get to drive my MME again. Time to enjoy the ride!

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag

lhex99

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e 2021
Occupation
PT
Country flag
So I have a MME California Route 1. Two weeks ago I needed to do a longer charge from around 52% back up to 100%. Here is what follows after that charge is completed.
  • Driving the car and get a warning "service vehicle soon" with multiple warning lights
    • Ford Pass App sends me two messages HEV-Hazard and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
  • Get home and turn off the car, schedule a visit to the dealer for a few days later. Told to turn off the car and back on and if the error goes away I can keep driving it.
  • Turn the car back on and all errors disappeared
  • Next day driving the car with no faults, park, and go into a store
    • come out to the car, turn it on and then the same errors appear + now the car won't go out of park
  • Ford Roadside called and tow truck driver arrives. He is familiar with Tesla's with the same problem. Puts a charger to the battery (not easy) and we wait 15 minutes. Car will still not drive and go out of park. Car towed to dealer (had to engage tow mode to get into neutral).
  • Dealer performs all the tasks from the 12V Battery TSB
  • Pick up car the same day, get home and charge the car
  • Next day, get in the car start driving and things are good. Then about 20 minutes into the drive the same "service vehicle soon" error pops up. I immediately drive the car straight back to the dealership
The car has now been with the dealer for 8 days. They have been working with Ford to no avail and cannot troubleshoot and fix the issue. In addition, the dealership is very non sympathetic and basically it is my fault for buying "the future".

A Ford engineer is now on the way to the dealer sometime this week and they are going to drop the entire big battery out of the car to troubleshoot. If I need a new big battery the cost is $32,000.

I still love the car and I still feel my dealership dislike the car. No end in sight as to when I will get my car back.

That's my story. Would love to know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem.
yes it just happen to me yesterday bring to the dealer did update got it back in the afternoon and today it happen again towed it to the dealer and waiting power train and high voltage problem.
Sponsored