High-pitched "Electrical Whine"

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Was yours one that got pulled in KC for an additional quality check? I wonder if this is at all related to your issue. If so, wonder if they replaced something and it worked initially but didn't fix it?
Sponsored

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Just got home from my dealership and their service department.

Everyone who listened could definitely notice it, and believes it to be out of the ordinary. They've put in a ticket with Ford directly before doing anything, as they don't want to pull the dash apart/etc without some assistance.

I figured that to be the case, so I'm perfectly fine with it. I wouldn't want them attempting to diagnose by ripping parts out of a car they haven't actually repaired yet, without some backup from Ford directly.

They'll be getting their demo model within a month as well, along with other customer orders. So that'll give more examples of Mach-E's without the issue as well.

I just wanted to have it documented on their end ASAP so they can work on a solution.

Time will tell just how easy that'll be, but I'll keep this thread updated with any info.

If the demo is still at the other dealership across town this weekend I'll ride over again to see it. Was still in their service department when I called leaving my dealership this afternoon.
Thanks for documenting this issue. I could definitely hear it and my hearing is far from perfect. I agree with your approach and am glad to see that your dealer is taking it seriously. Hopefully, it is an easy fix.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Was yours one that got pulled in KC for an additional quality check? I wonder if this is at all related to your issue. If so, wonder if they replaced something and it worked initially but didn't fix it?
It was not - Mine was stuck in the trim line during the plants holiday shut-down though. Maybe someone forget where they left off when they came back to finish the build? :eek:

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yikes. That would be a deal-breaker for us.
Really a deal breaker? It's not that bad one way or the next they will fix it hang in there brother and enjoy the ride.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Really a deal breaker? It's not that bad one way or the next they will fix it hang in there brother and enjoy the ride.
I guess I’d put it another way: We don’t have our car yet (it’s on its way) but I can’t see my wife accepting the car if it made that sound. It would be a dilemma.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I guess I’d put it another way: We don’t have our car yet (it’s on its way) but I can’t see my wife accepting the car if it made that sound. It would be a dilemma.
Yes that would suck.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Sure. I'm listening for this noise and I will not be accepting my car if it has it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
same here, since 7 years now. When I no longer hear beeping in my ear then I must be at the pearly gates.
Here too but my tinnitus is much higher pitched than @methorian’s whine.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Sounds like RF interference or improperly shielded cables. Do you have an RF meter? or Oscilloscope?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey @methorian, maybe they'll throw in some cheese?

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I test drove a Mach E for the first time today and that electrical whine was one of the very few things I found to pick on. It was present when the vehicle was parked.

I ended up turning down the brightness of the dash display and with just one notch down (it was on full brightness) the sound completely stopped.

Try that if you haven’t already.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I didn't hear the whine when I tried out Marlin today. I'll check the full brightness test.
Sponsored