Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I hear that sound in my head 24/7. I think it's called Tinnitus.
I worked with a fella that did a hitch in the Navy working on aircraft. Said his rack was directly below the flight deck and he always spoke at a full roar as he was pretty close to deaf because if it.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I've decided to take a half-day off work tomorrow. Will be trying to get my hands on the FCTP unit that was delivered to another dealer near by to compare - then to my dealer to discuss some other things in addition to the whine.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Final and definitive confirmation that there's a fault.
Unscientific, but I can hear registers others can‘t so my hearing is pretty good.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Honestly, I have Tinnitus so bad from my Navy days in a Submarine's engine room I hear an electrical whining sound that is much louder than that all the time. I could hear the noise from the video over my own whining ears though.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Honestly, I have Tinnitus so bad from my Navy days in a Submarine's engine room I hear an electrical whining sound that is much louder than that all the time. I could hear the noise from the video over my own whining ears though.
Same (Tinnitus) so loud (also probably service related), I still could hear it clearly during the MRI diagnostics looking for the cause. I could hear the whine in the video too, but only because it is at a different frequency, my Tinnitus tone is a bit higher.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Final and definitive confirmation that there's a fault.
maybe the sound is a feature and those other four are at fault. did you think about that? well, did you?

?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I’ll be honest — this is one of the things that scares me the most about vehicles that are more computers than mechanical. Over time and through the many bumps on the road, are the components of EVs designed to sustain those jolts? I suppose one can argue that electrical components are more resilient than mechanical (fewer moving parts), but all it takes is one bad capacitor to throw the user experience in a tailspin.

Maybe I’m overthinking this.
If the Space capsules electronics can handle the vibration.G forces, and violent departure and re-entry and still function,.a bumpy road or even an accident would be nothing in comparison. Having said that, the acceptable component failure/defect rate allowance on a Space vehicle is incredibly low and nearly zero. Where failure could mean the loss of life and vehicle, it has to be. We're bound to get a glitch or two in a Brand New vehicle, but the process to correct these things better be easy and immediate by a manufacturer

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
So far my biggest issue/complaint is a pretty obvious high-pitched electrical whine that seems to come from somewhere around the small instrument cluster screen........
This sound is obviously the result of Ford not installing a heat pump in the MME. Proof: Toupee Guy posted a video on Reddit.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Same with me. The one advantage I have Patrick is that after 40+ years of flying airplanes I can't detect the sound as annoying although I can hear it once it was pointed out. My upper-frequency hearing is shot from decades of propellers and turbines. I'll have to rely on my wife to detect it. ;)

Let's hope there's a quick and easy fix for this.
I doubt I could hear it, either. For me it was years in a machine shop, on an open station tractor, sound engineer for a rock band, and shooting trap. My high frequency hearing never stood a chance!
Sponsored