Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang Mach e premium AWD 88kw
Occupation
Respiratory therapist
Country flag
Hi all, I have a 2021 Mach e premium, extended battery. 2 months ago, I brought to the dealer to get the window recalls (which I am still waiting on replacement windshield), and all updates that they needed to do there. All was fine, until this morning on the way to work, the High voltage battery alert, and power train reduced power alert came on, and says service vehicle soon. I am not pleased with this, because I get the pass the buck with the dealers about getting a loaner vehicle. I tell them Ford needs to supply a temporary vehicle for the situation, and they all reply that they are not Ford. How F’n convenient. When I try to chat with Fords customer service, they conveniently say that they have no control over the dealers. Well, first, what are peoples experience with getting the alerts fixed, and second, how are you all dealing with the, i don’t supply loaner nonsense. I work in the the health care field, and im at the point of starting a grass roots campaign to boycott Ford. This is why people buy foreign cars, Tesla, etc
 I was hoping Ford had their S@&t together with the EVs
pffft
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Call Ford, ask for the BEV team. Start a case. They'll approve a rental when the dealer pulls the codes from FDRS, and they will order a new HBVJB, through COPIS to expedite it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Hi all, I have a 2021 Mach e premium, extended battery. 2 months ago, I brought to the dealer to get the window recalls (which I am still waiting on replacement windshield), and all updates that they needed to do there. All was fine, until this morning on the way to work, the High voltage battery alert, and power train reduced power alert came on, and says service vehicle soon. I am not pleased with this, because I get the pass the buck with the dealers about getting a loaner vehicle. I tell them Ford needs to supply a temporary vehicle for the situation, and they all reply that they are not Ford. How F’n convenient. When I try to chat with Fords customer service, they conveniently say that they have no control over the dealers. Well, first, what are peoples experience with getting the alerts fixed, and second, how are you all dealing with the, i don’t supply loaner nonsense. I work in the the health care field, and im at the point of starting a grass roots campaign to boycott Ford. This is why people buy foreign cars, Tesla, etc
 I was hoping Ford had their S@&t together with the EVs
pffft
Your dealer sucks, search HVBJB on the forum and you’ll find the advice you need.

OP
OP

Tcoll

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Respiratory therapist
Country flag
Call Ford, ask for the BEV team. Start a case. They'll approve a rental when the dealer pulls the codes from FDRS, and they will order a new HBVJB, through COPIS to expedite it.
Thank you. I did call Ford, asked for BEV team. The customer service person created a case and put me on the phone with a dealership that they recommended. Bringing it in Wed for diagnosis. We will go from there and see what happens. I appreciate the input

OP
OP

Tcoll

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Respiratory therapist
Country flag
Actually I must let it be know that I found Central Auto group in Plainfield CT to be useless. They state that they are not Ford and do not supply loaner vehicles.

ohmslaw

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Toyota Rav-4, Mach-e (on order)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Actually I must let it be know that I found Central Auto group in Plainfield CT to be useless. They state that they are not Ford and do not supply loaner vehicles.
It seems like some of these dealerships will be dicks about semantics. When I had the HVBJB replacement done in my car they said the didn’t do loaners, and kept saying it over and over again. Eventually they said “well we don’t have loaners, but we do have rentals that ford reimburses us for”. Thanks for playing games; I just need a car to live my life.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As @ohmslaw mentioned not all dealers have loaners. Some do not even have rentals. Ford; however, will take care of rental costs up to a certain $$ as part of the warranty repair if the HVBJB is the issue. In some cases with long waits on repairs consumers have received other considerations from Ford. You have your case number with Ford, getting it diagnosed this week, then go from there. If part is bad make sure they order it thru the COPIS system or it may never show up.

OP
OP

Tcoll

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Respiratory therapist
Country flag