Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT eAWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So yesterday on my 1 hour drive home through the country I got the dreaded "Service Vehicle Soon" error message with the red car/exclamation point glyph. I continued driving home (power seemed normal). When I got home I turned off the car then checked my phone and seen the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power, and High-Voltage Battery Warning messages in my Ford Pass application. To be honest I have feared this would happen ever since hearing about the issue. It really upsets me that Ford's only action on this was a software update - they should have been forced to do real recall.y

I called the 800 number from the help thread and the women I spoke to was less than sympathetic of my situation. She checked my VIN and informed me that there were no recalls for my vehicle and that if I decide to take the car to the dealer that they *might* repair the vehicle if it's covered by any warranties. It was apparent that the person I spoke to didn't have much experience with this issue.

Spoke to my dealer today, earliest appointment that I can get is next Monday. The person I spoke to from the dealer said they don't have loaners which is unfortunate because I have a 2 hour drive to work and back 5 days a week. Ford really needs to step it up with how they are taking care of customers who are facing this issue.

2021 Premium with Extended Battery
23,888 miles

Edit 1: Called back to the 800 number today, asked for the BEV team but wasn't transferred to them. Instead the agent said they would need to open a new case because the previous one was already closed and hadn't been assigned to the BEV team. This agent seemed to be more knowledgeable and created a new case for me that was assigned to the correct team. She said that within 24 to 48 hours I should hear back from someone on that team.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
You gotta ask for the BEV team when you call

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
yes, what the Ford approach does is flatten the spike of vehicles being fixed. Ultimately all 21 and most 22 AWD cars will need a new HVBJB. When each gets addressed is variable.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
yes, what the Ford approach does is flatten the spike of vehicles being fixed. Ultimately all 21 and most 22 AWD cars will need a new HVBJB. When each gets addressed is variable.
Their approach is flattening the spike of customers who will ever buy another Ford.

OP
OP
zakth

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
TBH I am questioning my purchase. Since hearing about this issue I've been afraid to "have fun" with my vehicle and have driven it like an old lady. I would like to drive it like the fun machine it's supposed to be, but knowing that any minute it can give up the ghost is nerve-wrecking.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
TBH I am questioning my purchase. Since hearing about this issue I've been afraid to "have fun" with my vehicle and have driven it like an old lady. I would like to drive it like the fun machine it's supposed to be, but knowing that any minute it can give up the ghost is nerve-wrecking.
Drive it, enjoy it, break it, Ford will indeed fix it.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Drive it, enjoy it, break it, Ford will indeed fix it.
Very slowly in some cases. Hopefully OPs fix goes smoothly.

@zakth keep your gas receipts and Ford will also put some money towards a rental. Not ideal at all. The BEV team can authorize paying you back at least some portion for those types of expenses.

OP
OP
zakth

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got the car into the dealer this morning. After waiting 5 hours I got a call back telling me nothing more than "Your car is going to be here awhile, we called Hertz to set you up with a rental. Someone will call you soon." So I tried calling back to get some answers and naturally couldn't get anyone on the phone. I ended up driving back to the dealer to ask some questions. The service advisor didn't really know what to tell me and did not even know what the exact problem was other than "Yeah, it's that thing you said it might be". They also told me that it was going to be "several months probably" and that the part was "no longer being made".

OP
OP
zakth

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To add to the fun I’m having… was getting gas in the rental today and noticed the return date printed on the Hertz rental agreement was today… it’s supposed to have been for 61 days but apparently they goofed. Now I cannot even get ahold of anyone because they are closed.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They also told me that it was going to be "several months probably" and that the part was "no longer being made".
Make sure they have an actual EV Tech, I learned the hard way dealers get techs certified on paper only to be able to sell Mach-E and Lightnings, and have no one to actually work on an EV. Keep bugging the BEV team. Sorry you got the worst case. Keep good records as it will likely turn into lemon/Ford RAV at some point if the dealer does indeed take that long and good records of interactions will help. The parts “not being made anymore” sounds like BS and is a definite red flag, BEV team could confirm parts availability and if they are I would check into them moving your car to another dealer so you don’t have to go through the same drama I did.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Careful, the fanbois will be here soon to tell us all is fine and this only happens to .5%.

Sorry this happened to you.
It is fine and this only happens to 0.6% of MMEs! :cool:

I am trying to figure out how to kill mine. It appears WOTs are not enough.

OP
OP
zakth

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got word today that they have removed the battery from my car and will be removing the old module and anticipating that my car will be ready tomorrow. So roughly 3 weeks from issue to completed repair.

ValentinoRossi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Premium AWD ER (10/21 build)
Country flag
Add me to the list, same exact issue as you. Never even put the car in unbridled mode after the recall was announced. Same errors, same model, similar miles.

My car works fine it's just less top end, the torque feels the same. Should I just drive it until this part is available? I'd rather not give it up for a month or longer.

OP
OP
zakth

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not sure if I’d wait. While the SVS will still let you drive, if it does fail you could be in an uncomfortable position.
Sponsored