POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION / REDUCED / HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY WARNING

KD1327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag
Ford is the worst!! My car has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now!! Dealership is unresponsive, ford corporate is hardly helping the situation and giving me no substantial updates and saying they will follow up in 5 days. It took a week of back and forth to even get a rental car. I really didn't expect this terrible service from Ford.
Yikes
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Ford is the worst!! My car has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now!! Dealership is unresponsive, ford corporate is hardly helping the situation and giving me no substantial updates and saying they will follow up in 5 days. It took a week of back and forth to even get a rental car. I really didn't expect this terrible service from Ford.
Yikes
Welcome to the "Ford family" I guess....

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Yikes
Like I posted for another poor soul, I am sorry about your situation. Just can't understand why Fords first true EV does not get handled any better than this. How many recalls have we seen for Rivian, Lucid, and Telsa where the "whole fleet was recalled to proactively fix issues". Ford should be doing the same, to be competitive. The EV folks at work are constantly talking about these ticking time bombs, and it is not a good look for Ford.

KD1327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like I posted for another poor soul, I am sorry about your situation. Just can't understand why Fords first true EV does not get handled any better than this. How many recalls have we seen for Rivian, Lucid, and Telsa where the "whole fleet was recalled to proactively fix issues". Ford should be doing the same, to be competitive. The EV folks at work are constantly talking about these ticking time bombs, and it is not a good look for Ford.
Agreed. Hard to fix a hardware issue with a software update. My car was taken in because of the software flag, and it was determined I needed the hardware fix. Ford is choosing to deal with this recall over many years, as each car comes to need the hardware replacement.

KD1327

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My current update: Got the car back after 3.5 weeks at dealership. I knocked the dealership in my previous post, but in the last week they have been more responsive - and after reading other mach E HVBJB stories, 3.5 weeks isn't as bad as I originally thought.
Anyways - after driving off the lot I instantly got this 'motor coolant over temp' message, as well as turtle mode any time I accelerated. Needless to say, mach e is back with the dealership and I still have the rental. I wonder if my dealership is reading this thread as well to investigate 😝.

Anyone else have the same issue after getting their HVBJB replaced.??

Ford Mustang Mach-E POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION / REDUCED / HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY WARNING 1666034928531

MsPrtyGrnEyes

First Name
Afrika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e
Country flag
Dealing with this issue right now and I am throughly disappointed. My car has been in the shop for 3.5 weeks. It was supposed to be done yesterday but turns out the wrong part was ordered. Now I have to wait however many weeks for the new part to come in and they have no loaners. Being that this is my only car and I use it for work, this has been a huge strain on me. I'm still paying my car note and sometimes paying out of pocket to rent a car. At this point I want to give the car back once fixed. I don't trust the car or Ford's ability to fix it. Lesson learned, I will never own a Ford again.

OP
OP
hayzl313

hayzl313

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Iconic Silver Mach-E
Country flag
Dealing with this issue right now and I am throughly disappointed. My car has been in the shop for 3.5 weeks. It was supposed to be done yesterday but turns out the wrong part was ordered. Now I have to wait however many weeks for the new part to come in and they have no loaners. Being that this is my only car and I use it for work, this has been a huge strain on me. I'm still paying my car note and sometimes paying out of pocket to rent a car. At this point I want to give the car back once fixed. I don't trust the car or Ford's ability to fix it. Lesson learned, I will never own a Ford again.
Sorry you are going through this... Contact Ford if you haven't already for reimbursement of the rentals/taxi rides (i.e. Uber, lyft) It is def tough during the process. Also my only car and happened during the hot summer while my 7 y/o was in daily camp. Haven't had any issues since and I love this car but I understand the situation is enough to sour some people to keeping it... Good luck... Keep us posted and def check out all the resources and great people on here who can assist. I previously posted links in this thread if you haven't seen them already

jesseatwood

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just had this same issue of high voltage battery warning and Powertrain malfunction come up on Jan 6th. I called and scheduled an appointment at the dealership, but they don’t have openings until Jan 26th. I reached out to @Ford Motor Company but they didn’t seem to care and said that there was nothing they could do. It was up to the dealership to squeeze me in. Good luck.
Since it’s just reduced power, I’m driving it and will take it in “as soon as possible” like the warning says. But that will be Jan 26th since I can’t go without a car for a month.
It is a shame that this seems to be, at least at the customer interface level, a non-issue for the company.
Sponsored