How long does HVB repair take?

WeGotG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
What dealer? Have you opened a case with Ford? I did and they closed it 5 minutes later, but have opened a new one. Have you offered to take up the Colorado Lemon law yet? It's very specific about the 30 day limit.
Castle Rock. I called Ford before taking it in and they insisted I take it in to service before they would talk to me. I feel like I would be better off just selling it after it gets fixed vs the lemon law. Im pretty tired of dealing with Ford and the poor customer service. (no loaners available, no rentals, taking weeks on end to fix a known issue)
Sponsored

WeGotG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
So, the new ordered HVBJB has arrived and is being installed today. I just get a call and they "found" a broken hose and need to order a part. God help me! I have owned the car for 7 months and 2 of those the car has been broken.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
So, the new ordered HVBJB has arrived and is being installed today. I just get a call and they "found" a broken hose and need to order a part. God help me! I have owned the car for 7 months and 2 of those the car has been broken.
Call Ford and ask for a case with the BEV team. They should provide you with the case number and a point of contact. Never underestimate the value of threatening lemon law. It kicks in after 30 days of a single issue or 4 times being serviced for this single issue within the first year of ownership. Let the dealership know this too and make sure Ford hears that you didn't get a loaner.

I'm as frustrated as you are. We also own an Audi Q5 and the whole experience is 180 degrees from Ford. I think this is what happens when you put your head of marketing as the president of the company.

WeGotG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
1 Month exactly for my HVBJB to be replaced. The part number that was installed: LK9Z*10C666*B

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It sure seems like the 0.5% failure rate is no longer true. Anybody have the latest statistics?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It sure seems like the 0.5% failure rate is no longer true. Anybody have the latest statistics?
I do not have numbers, but as of the end of May, the failure rate was reported to have been ~0.5%. Obviously, more cars have been delivered since then, and more failures have been reported since then. I have a feeling that the number of failures outweighs the deliveries and the failure rate is closer to 1% now since there have been repeat failures in addition to initial failures (unsubstantiated - I might be all wet with this conjecture). Ford has not said a thing since late May regarding the numbers of HVBJB failures. 🤷‍♂️🐩

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I received a response and it's a bit cryptic, which is normal, so here's my take based on what I was told.

First, there's no "national part shortage" for the HVBJB.

When you go to your local dealership and they need to order a part, they do so from their local/regional parts warehouse. It's the same people they call every time. There are some of these warehouses that don't have the HVBJB in stock. It would appear that the warehouse then returns the "restock" time frame, which is when they expect to get more from the supplier. This restock time frame is what the dealer then passes on to the vehicle owner.

It sounds like this is a normal procedure, waiting for the restock supply. Ford however is moving inventory between warehouses for the HVBJB and even shipping direct to dealers from non-regional warehouses. They are doing this because of the urgency to get cars repaired and back on the road.

My guess, and here's where I'm going off my own assumptions, is that if you don't get Ford involved the local warehouse might just wait for the restock. If you apply pressure at the dealership and get Ford involved they should bypass the normal restock wait period and request a direct ship or via warehouse transfer. In my region, I was last told that they have hundreds in stock and my dealership got my HVBJB replacement next day.

There could also be the other factor, what I experienced, which is that the dealer doesn't have a slot for a 7 hour repair for a couple weeks. It might just be that they are passing the buck instead of being forthright about their labor shortages.

Hope that helps answer the question.
Sorry but I haven't taken the time to look but I thought it was you that posted the old and new p/n for the HVBJB's. The one my dealer got was a LK9Z10C666B which if my memory is worth a darn is different than the one you posted. If it wasn't you, please excuse me.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Sorry but I haven't taken the time to look but I thought it was you that posted the old and new p/n for the HVBJB's. The one my dealer got was a LK9Z10C666B which if my memory is worth a darn is different than the one you posted. If it wasn't you, please excuse me.
That's the correct part number but I have purposely removed part numbers from my posts.

HSVMWCS

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Call Ford and ask for a case with the BEV team. They should provide you with the case number and a point of contact. Never underestimate the value of threatening lemon law. It kicks in after 30 days of a single issue or 4 times being serviced for this single issue within the first year of ownership. Let the dealership know this too and make sure Ford hears that you didn't get a loaner.

I'm as frustrated as you are. We also own an Audi Q5 and the whole experience is 180 degrees from Ford. I think this is what happens when you put your head of marketing as the president of the company.
It seems we both shared some similar experience. I had a battery issue on August 16, but the dealer refused to offer a loaner. I reported the dealer to the BEV team again, because the dealer had refused to provide a loaner even for my prior windshield/moonroof recall. The dealer finally agreed to offer a loaner in late October.

After losing my MME for more than a month, the BEV team spontaneously offered to pay two loan payments for all the inconvenience. Sadly, I had paid off my MME, so I could only get $500 cash as a courtesy.

Be careful to check your own state law!! Ford's repurchase team charged me usage fee and gave me 48 hours to surrender my car. I asked for an extension because 48 hours were not enough. The repurchase team offered to waive the usage fee, if I agreed with their terms immediately. Later on I realized..... my state law does not allow usage fee at all.

After 11 weeks of repair, I finally got my MME back yesterday - only to find the dealer forgot to add air to my tires and to activate my BlueCruise, so my MME went back again today.

Sadly, I was told the activation would take from three hours to three days, but no loaner car would be provided. Even worse, there was no available shuttle service to take me back home, so I had to pull the plug and give up activating my BlueCruise.

I wish I could pay Ford $500 and ease all my pain during those 11 weeks. Owning a Mach-E with that Ford dealer was simply too challenging and excruciating.
Sponsored