Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Very interesting article. If an eGolf can pull > 1.0G just wait for the GT! We might even be able to top it in the AWD models.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wonder how long those tires will last on that eGolf? EV tires have an impossible task to deal with in that they are designed to handle max torque at low speed and also try to have low rolling resistance. Sidewalls also need to be heavy enough to support the weight of the battery and try and also be quiet. EV tires wear much quicker than normal tires, something we all are going to become very aware of once we start driving our MMEs around.

AWDriftEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (20) , Tesla Model Y (21)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I just put new tires on my model S...because apparently 21in Pilot Sports turn into racing slicks in 10,000 miles. My average wh/mi went from 285 up to 325.. So it really impacted my efficiency. But yah know, safety and all that jazz.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Nice video. Simply put you can adjust the tires you have on the mache for different ones. Just like a video game. A certain aspect will get better while another goes down. Better ride, better grip, better mileage, better tire wear. On and on, low profile or wider tread.
Having options is great.
Also how many people might buy and put aftermarket rims on that change things also. ride height got from 5.8 to what then? Again options are wonderful.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Not sure how N/V is defined for Mach-E, but if you change tire diameter you should have the equivalent N/V changed for your vehicle. I would think a dealer could do this with a quick software flash. Likely your speedometer would read the wrong speed, i.e. a 10% smaller tire would make your speed/odometer read 10% high. If you drove at 70mph, your speedometer would say 77mph, and after driving 10,000 miles, your odometer would say 11,000. Opposite for a larger tire.

For ICE vehicles, N/V is defined in the engine computer software, and is roughly:
N/V = (rear gear ratio*tire rev per mile)/60

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Not sure how N/V is defined for Mach-E, but if you change tire diameter you should have the equivalent N/V changed for your vehicle. I would think a dealer could do this with a quick software flash. Likely your speedometer would read the wrong speed, i.e. a 10% smaller tire would make your speed/odometer read 10% high. If you drove at 70mph, your speedometer would say 77mph, and after driving 10,000 miles, your odometer would say 11,000. Opposite for a larger tire.

For ICE vehicles, N/V is defined in the engine computer software, and is roughly:
My nephew purchased after-market tesla wheels for his model 3. 21 inch and low profile. he lost an estimated range of 22 miles of range.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Engineering Explained, among other reviewers, notes the 225 width tires on the MME.

Anybody have a guess of how big of a hit is it to move to wider 235s? Is that change a big chunk of the 20mi difference between the Premium and GT?

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
great question. i'll probably use the stock premium tires/rims for the 1st year or so, but would consider replacing with 235/45/19 or 20 summer tires/rims
Sponsored