Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
update: this morning, plug and play showed up for me in FordPass, and I was able to turn it on. After some time, I got a message that it was successfully activated. Next step is to check it on a charger somewhere, whether P&P actually functions!
After 1 month and 9 days, Plug & Charge FINALLY turns on in the app. Probably be a while before I can see if it works in real life.

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
After 5 weeks I am still not able to activate the FordPass Charging Network. Only just this week did the Navigation show up on the Connected Services screen. Have called the Ford marketing phone number and they initiated a ticket but it has been 10 days and I have had no follow up.

Not a huge deal as I charge at home, but this was a prominent marketing gimmick and I expect it to work.

Also, still have not been able to connect to the home wi-fi. Probably won't panic until the first OTA comes out.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Is this for chargers that are not P&C and/or if you have P&C turned off?
It should also work to activate with P&C turned on. This sequence will activate the charger before plugging in. It could be an option if P&C isn't working.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
After 5 weeks I am still not able to activate the FordPass Charging Network. Only just this week did the Navigation show up on the Connected Services screen. Have called the Ford marketing phone number and they initiated a ticket but it has been 10 days and I have had no follow up.

Not a huge deal as I charge at home, but this was a prominent marketing gimmick and I expect it to work.

Also, still have not been able to connect to the home wi-fi. Probably won't panic until the first OTA comes out.
For the WiFi, make sure on your keyboard you have English (US) selected. The default is English (UK). Apparently the UK setting confuses the system when you add your network name and password. You can change it with the globe icon at the bottom of the on-screen keyboard

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
spinning circle after entering CVV code for default credit card. Been 2 weeks since I purchased my car, finance tab shows correct numbers on Ford.com. My MME shows in my vehicles, has the correct VIN. Have tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, all with the same result. Should I just wait another few weeks? Unwilling to turn off security features on my computer.

Update: added another credit card, went all the way through the process shown by the OP!! Will test on the only EA charger within about 20 miles of me today.

Last edited:

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
spinning circle after entering CVV code for default credit card. Been 2 weeks since I purchased my car, finance tab shows correct numbers on Ford.com. My MME shows in my vehicles, has the correct VIN. Have tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, all with the same result. Should I just wait another few weeks? Unwilling to turn off security features on my computer.

Update: added another credit card, went all the way through the process shown by the OP!! Will test on the only EA charger within about 20 miles of me today.
Plug and Charge worked well on the EA charger => 4 times! Longest charge session was under 15 minutes, but at 100 kW. All charge sessions failed due to charge fault. Now I will find another brand and see if EA is at "fault", or my Mach E.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
1st road trip, 2 stops at EA chargers and 2 calls to EA tech support to get them working. Make sure you factor in the troubleshooting time on your next trip if using EA

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
No other charging networks in the US do plug and charge for any vehicle. EA is the only company that has the tech so far.
It shows Green Lots as an option under plug and charge.

Of course I haven't been able to verify it as after EA failed me I tried it on GL which also failed.

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It shows Green Lots as an option under plug and charge.

Of course I haven't been able to verify it as after EA failed me I tried it on GL watch also failed.
I've never seen a greenlots station in real life. So I always forget they are included. But those are the only 2 that support it.

I did try P&C for the first time the other day, worked perfectly the first try. It was also my first successful charge on a 350kw station. The unit was an ABB unit.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I've pretty much given up on the Plug & Charge network. After 5 weeks and 8 calls to Ford, for all intents and purposes, they've told me I'm on my own. However, I did my first road trip last weekend, and hit a couple EA stations on the way. After learning the quirks from their phone rep the first time I charged, it proved to be really quick and easy after that. The touchscreen on the charger says plug in first, but that results in a charge fault in the car. You need to select the station and charger number in the app first, swipe to initiate the charge, then plug in when the screen prompts you, and you're going. Worked perfectly twice in a row doing it that way.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I had luck with the first EA station I ever tried, then no luck. I'm tempted to just download the EA app, but I'd like to use the free charging first!

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
I logged in to connected services and I was greeted by this!

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps banner_FPCN_small

AVAILABLE
FORDPASS CHARGING NETWORK
Our network combines multiple charging networks, giving you hassle-free pay-as-you-go access to more than 16,000 public charging stations — all through a single sign-up — and access is complimentary for two years. That includes Electrify America DC fast chargers, where charging your all-electric vehicle takes minutes, not hours. Plus use the Plug & Charge feature to automatically activate charging by simply plugging into a public charging station.
Activate Trial

However, after trying to activate several times, I get an oops screen, try again. Baby Steps.
Sponsored