back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Try clearing your cache and adding Ford.com to your allowed popups. That worked for me.
Yeah on Ford.com I’ve always had to allow all popups and disable all ad blockers. They really should tell U this on the site or design the site better.

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
FordPass Charging Network finally showed up as an option under connected services and seemed as though everything went ok enrolling. Anyone have any idea why I'm missing the plug & charge option on the app (Step #6)?

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps tem

whyteshadow

First Name
E.G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I can't believe it. It's finally working for me today.

I completely removed my car and re-added it yesterday for the third time. What I did differently this time, though was that I left my car off until the app said "waiting to activate". Once I got that, I turned on my car, and said "yes." Previously, I was doing this with the car on the whole time.

Did that make a difference? No idea. But I'm putting this out there in case it helps someone.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Does the trial for this start on the day of purchase or when we activate the service? I'm asking because 2 years isn't a lot of time and if I'm not driving far away from my home, I don't need to activate this now.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Does the trial for this start on the day of purchase or when we activate the service? I'm asking because 2 years isn't a lot of time and if I'm not driving far away from my home, I don't need to activate this now.
Great question!

My assumption/guess is that it’s based on activation...

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Took me almost two weeks after I purchased before mine showed up in connected services and had an expiration date two years after my purchase date.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
It started working for me about a week and a half after delivery. I can set it up, but when I try to enable Plug & Charge in the app, it always times out and fails.

Wyostang

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
It started working for me about a week and a half after delivery. I can set it up, but when I try to enable Plug & Charge in the app, it always times out and fails.
Same here.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I tried re-adding and activating the car, but I still get “No connected services are available”. Ford support say they’re “working on it”

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
My plug and charge seems to be all set up on my phone, however, ...
I’ve had the same problems with the spinning wheel and the “no connected services” message. They seemed to have cleared up on their own with time.

In practice, I have used EA twice. It wasn’t exactly plug and charge. I had to use a credit card to get it started. So far, on my credit card there are only two $50 pending charges so. I’m not sure yet if I will actually get charged the real amount or if they will disappear.

On another note, I learned that EA charges very fast up to 80% then slows down a lot. Didn’t know that.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Not sure how "modern" my garage door opener is! LOL Should be OK. I've used HomeLink with it before.

I tried using both the transmitter and the base station to program the MME HomeLink. (I cleared the buttons between attempts). Neither worked on multiple efforts. The transmitter just needs one person. For the base station I tried it as a one person job -- yes going quickly to the MME -- and as a two person job. I also tried parking the MME in the driveway and in the garage. No luck.

I think BTW that these attempts triggered a (false) Propulsion Fault, the "Service Vehicle Soon" message, and the red ring of anger on the charge port lights. From other posts that might have resulted from RF interference with the charge port. Also might be something different. When messing with HomeLink I also plugged and unplugged the EVSE a couple of times and tried connecting to the home network.

Would actually like to get this up and running. It's a pain taking a garage opener.
I first tried the learn button method that I found in the MME manual. It didn’t work. Then I broke out my AcURA RDX manual and followed those instructions for pairing with the remote. That worked right away with two different doors.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I thought that we received 250Kw of charging, why would I care if I got the lower in network price until I exceeded the 250Kw. Or did we really get some dollar amount the kind of equates to 250Kw?

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Two weeks with my MME and no Connected Services available. Not a problem for me on a practical level, as I charge at home, but it was a huge marketing point for the car.

Overall, the FordPass app/SYNC 4/Ford.com system integration, including PAAK, inspire zero confidence.

BFaulkner

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME, 2019 Audi A5, 2013 BMW 550i
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
I initially had the same problem and I was unable to charge at a public charging station .... such as Electrify America. I am now able to turn on the Plug & Charge, but haven't tried to charge it again at a public charging station. Ford is struggling with this whole technology piece.
Sponsored