How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen?

Tabelel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm trying to remove the trim piece so I can wrap it, but it looks like it might be bolted down behind the screen. Has anyone done this before? Or perhaps have a copy of the official service manual with instructions on removing the screen and trim piece? Thanks!
Sponsored

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen? Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 12.44.20 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen? Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 12.44.26 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen? Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 12.43.51 PM

Most of the top of the console needs to come out to get that little panel off under the screen where those bolts are.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I'd be terrified to try this. I'd be afraid I'd wreck or break something.😳

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I did this two years ago. In order to wrap the center plastic trim piece. The Workshop manual was a bit confusing but I figured it out. The photos provided above are helpful. A second set of hands is also helpful (to hold the screen while you disconnect the wires). It feels like you’re going to break the wires long before the connections come loose. But, with some DIY savvy it’s really not hard to do.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I did this two years ago. In order to wrap the center plastic trim piece. The Workshop manual was a bit confusing but I figured it out. The photos provided above are helpful. A second set of hands is also helpful (to hold the screen while you disconnect the wires). It feels like you’re going to break the wires long before the connections come loose. But, with some DIY savvy it’s really not hard to do.
Day-glo green? 🤣

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm trying to remove the trim piece so I can wrap it, but it looks like it might be bolted down behind the screen. Has anyone done this before? Or perhaps have a copy of the official service manual with instructions on removing the screen and trim piece? Thanks!
why do you want to wrap it ?

A super easy solution to prevent sun from baking the back of the display is to get one of the @AOSK 'organizer/phone holders'. I modified mine a bit to lower the position of the phone, and added some vents in the back. Works great, and gets you an extra little tray for gloves, glasses, or whatever.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...display-all-phone-apps-like-carscanner.20913/

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I don’t quite get it from the picture. Is it saying it snaps off from the bottom?

OP
OP

Tabelel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
why do you want to wrap it ?
I'm not a big fan of the faux carbon fiber I got now; I was thinking a nice black wood like the Rivians have would look classy.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I don’t quite get it from the picture. Is it saying it snaps off from the bottom?
Yes. Like all plastic trim, it is held with tabs.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After you remove the Sync display, then you can remove the two dash trims and like Rod said they have clips except for the two screws behind the Sync display.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen? Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 3.23.37 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to remove the plastic trim piece behind the center screen? Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 3.19.26 PM