Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Since Ford does not provide Jack lift pads, and the average DIY mechanic and/or tire shop is quite likely to position their Lift pads on the battery rails with potentially disastrous results if the aluminum rails are crushed... I thought I'd look around for something more elegant than a piece of 2x4 that could be installed in CORRECT lift points.

I found nothing for the Mach-e online, but I did find lift pads for the Tesla x,y,etc $20 for a set of 4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRLZNRK?

turns out however that they interfere with the lower molding on Mach-e, and need a little trim to fit well. Here's the pix of the stock lift pads, how I trimmed them, and the end result.... which I hope is obvious if anyone by me lifts the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 01 Tesla lift pads

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 02 cuttin

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 03 ready to install

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 04 installed w lift

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 05 post install 1

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 06 post install 2

---- post install update ----

after initial 'install' when I lifted all 4 corners to swap all-season with winter snows, the lift pads are hanging in there with no additional expansion bolts or screw or anything. The rubber nubs on the pads apparently are soft enough to deform on install, and bulge a bit inside the rail after installed.

so..... works great, and makes it much easier to locate the jack correctly before lifting!

I just ordered some stickers (inspired by @JohnFoxeSheets )
to make it even more clear....
$11 -
https://www.amazon.com/ComplianceSigns-Lifting-English-Yellow-4-pack/dp/B00JETXSMU/ref=sr_1_3?

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 20221017 lift sticker

and as long as I was there, I added TOW stickers at the front locations.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails 20221017 tow sticker

1665584379194.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This might just work! I was hoping @AOSK would make a proper one but this seems like a plan to me.

I do wish the battery rails had some kind of warning, or stripes or something that would make them less likely to be used when lifting.... If I were to design from scratch I think I would bolt up the pads , and make the profile a double-U with a steel 'cap' over the battery frame rail in the lift areas.

It is really a major oversight by the design team to not design the battery rail such that it COULD be used as a lift point without damage.... and why they left tempting large holes along the rails for possible towing/winching is mind boggling. I would suggest MANY small holes, or a T profile to make it more obvious that rail is aluminum and not for lifting or tow hooks.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Having worked on my own cars for the past 50 years I have always jacked up my cars under the control arms, is this not recommended? I am aware of the Ford jack and tow points listed and having looked at several Mach-e's (mine waiting transport in Mexico) I noticed the "Lift Pads" are very narrow due to the battery side supports. I'm sure it was designed this way to facilitate battery maintenance when needed.

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
This might just work! I was hoping @AOSK would make a proper one but this seems like a plan to me.
I have been wondering about this product as well, cuz obviously, the market has demand for this, but when i look into the data, and the manual, it seems a general jack pad would work for MME. (Tesla would need a special one)

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Having worked on my own cars for the past 50 years I have always jacked up my cars under the control arms, is this not recommended? I am aware of the Ford jack and tow points listed and having looked at several Mach-e's (mine waiting transport in Mexico) I noticed the "Lift Pads" are very narrow due to the battery side supports. I'm sure it was designed this way to facilitate battery maintenance when needed.

using the control arm bracket as a lift pad is probably not a great idea with MME.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Oh, I see you too know of the ClearGlide trick.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have been wondering about this product as well, cuz obviously, the market has demand for this, but when i look into the data, and the manual, it seems a general jack pad would work for MME. (Tesla would need a special one)

There is a Ford part for a lift pad.... designed to slip up into TWO holes, and 'slide' to stay in place while lift is used, and then disengage and be removed. I am a little nervous that Dealerships, and generic tire shops won't have them, so I wanted something that could be installed 'permanently' and be an obvious lift point in case somebody besides me puts the MME up on a lift.

The Tesla ones will work after minor modification and they do seem to be a tight enough press fit to stay in place, but it would be way better if custom ones were positioned with holes, and used the bolts fore and aft to secure 'permanently', or until the battery was droppped for remove/replace.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Oh, I see you too know of the ClearGlide trick.
dish soap works too, but clearGlide is great for wire pulls and cutting rubber. These Tesla pads look to be hockey pucks with a nub molded on top.....

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Since Ford does not provide Jack lift pads, and the average DIY mechanic and/or tire shop is quite likely to position their Lift pads on the battery rails with potentially disastrous results if the aluminum rails are crushed... I thought I'd look around for something more elegant than a piece of 2x4 that could be installed in CORRECT lift points.

I found nothing for the Mach-e online, but I did find lift pads for the Tesla x,y,etc $20 for a set of 4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRLZNRK?

turns out however that they interfere with the lower molding on Mach-e, and need a little trim to fit well. Here's the pix of the stock lift pads, how I trimmed them, and the end result.... which I hope is obvious if anyone by me lifts the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails quickjack-pinch-weld-blocks-set-5300013

Ford Mustang Mach-E HowTo - modify Tesla Jack Lift Pads to protect MME battery rails quickjack-pinch-weld-blocks-set-5300013

Did you have to use an adhesive to get them to stay?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is a Ford part for a lift pad.... designed to slip up into TWO holes, and 'slide' to stay in place while lift is used, and then disengage and be removed. I am a little nervous that Dealerships, and generic tire shops won't have them, so I wanted something that could be installed 'permanently' and be an obvious lift point in case somebody besides me puts the MME up on a lift.

The Tesla ones will work after minor modification and they do seem to be a tight enough press fit to stay in place, but it would be way better if custom ones were positioned with holes, and used the bolts fore and aft to secure 'permanently', or until the battery was droppped for remove/replace.
So you're leaving those in place? Assuming they stay up there, but don't they look awful from the side?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
using the control arm bracket as a lift pad is probably not a great idea with MME.
Didn't mention the control arm bracket, I suggested the control arm itself. As stated its been done for over forty years and yes even aluminum control arms and vehicles with similar weights. (My Ford Escape for example)

Tony
Sponsored