PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I just noticed this today, but I'm hearing a fairly loud humming sound coming from the vehicle, and it seems to be tied to the AC running with the fan speed on or close to high. We run it in Auto mode. Has anyone else noticed this? Not sure if it's a normal thing, as we just recently started getting warmer weather, but I definitely haven't heard anything like it in the 4 months that we've had the car. Thanks..
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
yes, the A/C compressor and fans will be audible. On an ICE the engine is making so much racket already you don't generally hear it, but since there is nothing else making noise it will be more noticeable.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My ā€˜69 Cadillac was so quiet that the replacement A/C compressor was audible as a sort of gravelly noise when the clutch was engaged. The original compressor was quiet. Not sure that your much more modern electronic compressor is at fault Since you say itā€™s when the fan is on or near high. I would be more inclined to think that it is related to the fan or the duct work right near the fan.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think my Mach e came with the dashboard vents closed. Make sure they are open.

OP
OP
PCPilot

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I think my Mach e came with the dashboard vents closed. Make sure they are open.
Confirmed they are open, and the noise is actually heard outside the car.

Cagedcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
So interesting enough yesterday we started hearing a crazy noise outside the car last night. When you turn on the AC there is a loud winding noise and the higher the blower is set the louder it gets. Honestly sounds like it's going to blow. Ours has been extremely quiet even with that on besides a normal fan sound so it's interesting that this just happened. Did you get the OTA update I just got mine yesterday? Not sure if its connected just curious but I'm taking it in tonight.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I have that buzzy compressor sound too, not saying itā€™s normal but itā€™s loud outside and audible inside, I donā€™t know to what extent itā€™s normal, just have been too lazy to go to the dealer even though I can see their sign from my house. ? Iā€™ll try to make a quick vid of it later.
So interesting enough yesterday we started hearing a crazy noise outside the car last night. When you turn on the AC there is a loud winding noise and the higher the blower is set the louder it gets. Honestly sounds like it's going to blow. Ours has been extremely quiet even with that on besides a normal fan sound so it's interesting that this just happened. Did you get the OTA update I just got mine yesterday? Not sure if its connected just curious but I'm taking it in tonight.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Confirmed they are open, and the noise is actually heard outside the car.
for me I noticed some extra noise is from the front louvers opening up and then the cooling fans running.
Mind you on an ICE car the radiator fan running is hard to noticed as the engine makes a lot more noise to cover it up. On an EV well there is no engine to cover up those little noises. On my Honda Crosstour when I turn the car off on a hotter day I would hear the radatior fan going at full power for a few mins as it is cooling off the radiator before shutting down. That was loader than you would think but if the car was on well the engine covered up all that extra noise.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Yes, I have a noticeable noise. I can also feel the hum through the steering....which I think is weird. But it works, so I assume it is normal.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
The compressor noise on our previous Mercedes B-Class EV was such a loud, low rumble the dealer replaced it under warranty- the replacement was actually slightly louder. The MME is much quieter. ;)

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Yes, I have a noticeable noise. I can also feel the hum through the steering....which I think is weird. But it works, so I assume it is normal.
Yeah it's super loud outside the car and super buzzy. And I also can feel it a bit through the steering. Unsure if it's normal and expected or not.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The C-max also had a very noisy, buzzy compressor. The MME is a little quieter. I guess it's the electric compressor they used compared to a belt driven one.

Fusionblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach~E, Kia Telluride, BMW 335i
Occupation
IT fiddler
Country flag
I have the exact same problem. I can feel the vibration in the steering. The noise is pretty loud outside the car.

Sponsored