I installed EV Hover ..... and I made a video of it.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
This is very useful for my garage setup .... but very pricy.

Sponsored

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I’ve seen home brew ones plenty of times - what’s this cost?

Looks like a comically large articulated monitor mount! Looking at the pivot designs it is, now that’s humorous.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nice, looks like it solves your problem. I have found that EV charging cables are a bit unwieldy compared to gas station cables, and so even if you had one car and no space issue, I think this makes the cable easier to handle by hanging down from above (like a gas station pump).

One thought though, does it matter that the plug isn’t covered or docked into anything? I dunno how important or not it is that the plug remain uncovered like that. Probably the biggest thing is that it is indoors, so no exposure to the elements, but would some dust accumulating on the electric contact points long term be any cause for concern?

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
One thought though, does it matter that the plug isn’t covered or docked into anything? I dunno how important or not it is that the plug remain uncovered like that. Probably the biggest thing is that it is indoors, so no exposure to the elements, but would some dust accumulating on the electric contact points long term be any cause for concern?
That does not matter, at least in my nine years experience, my J plug has lived outside on the ground in front of my garage door and inside when I do actually coil it up. No ill effect, just blow it out sometimes when necessary. They are quite robust.

Reactions: ARK

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just hung three bicycle hooks and ran the cable thru them. Loop the excess cable on the third hook in the middle of my garage. So far so good. But may look into the arm system in the future if needed.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I just hung three bicycle hooks and ran the cable thru them. Loop the excess cable on the third hook in the middle of my garage. So far so good. But may look into the arm system in the future if needed.
same

Cheap? - check
works? - check
cool? - no check

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Since I don't see anyone has answered this yet let's get this out there:

Ford Mustang Mach-E I installed EV Hover ..... and I made a video of it. 1652722086198

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Nice, looks like it solves your problem. I have found that EV charging cables are a bit unwieldy compared to gas station cables, and so even if you had one car and no space issue, I think this makes the cable easier to handle by hanging down from above (like a gas station pump).

Good thought but I'm not sure really how dirty the plug will get during the day in the garage in between charges. I guess I'll find out!

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Since I don't see anyone has answered this yet let's get this out there:

Ford Mustang Mach-E I installed EV Hover ..... and I made a video of it. 1652722086198
Indeed -- it's also in the video and is really the biggest negative for this thing. It is really cool though to be able to tuck the cable away against the wall when not being used, and to extend it and plug it in easily to the car.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
This is very useful for my garage setup .... but very pricy.

Why not back the ID.4 into the garage? Seems like it would be easier to get in and out of it. And the cable would be right next to the charge port.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why not back the ID.4 into the garage? Seems like it would be easier to get in and out of it. And the cable would be right next to the charge port.
Good question.

That's wifey's car and she was very uncomfortable doing that. There's no 360 camera in the ID.4 sold in the States.

Let's just say she's not the best parker, and she and I would stress having her back in right next to Mach N Cheese....

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
This is a great product and love the video. I did not even think about running the cord overhead. I will have to see if my charging cord is long enough to route it overhead for my car. Thanks for the idea @scoopman

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
While the price is pretty steep, I'll grant it solves a problem and it seems to be pretty well-built. That would be enough to sell me.
Sponsored