methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Thanks for the extensive review - I have the same car except in carbonized gray metallic. I agree with your comments about the sync 4A system. I live in a part California - where the temp rarely gets to freezing unless I drive toward the Sierras, so range decrease from cold weather is not as much of an issue now. I posted elsewhere in response to others that both PAAK and homelink (neighborhood gate and garage) work well for me. I have left the FOB in the house and my the car unlocks with a push of the door button with just the phone in my pocket. I also use the two finger lock on the door code that works well every time. I do this to prevent the lock honk. Wish there was a way to walk away from the car and leave it unlocked and not have the car lock/honk. I almost never lock my cars in the garage. Annoying - but the two finger lock works well to prevent the honk. The plug in nozzle that came with the car is much easier to get in at home than when using the nozzles at the commercial chargers - really have to force the nozzle to get it seated In those units. (Anyone found any tricks to get the nozzle to seat easily?) Will have the Ford wall mount with the stated 30 mph charge installed in 10 days. Should significantly decrease the need to use the commercial chargers. I use an iPhone 12 pro too but with an Apple case and the phone stays put. I will check the beginning and end charge percentage on my next outing. Agree the interior is fairly plush with no issues. The sound par looks and sounds great. I have put a screen cloth in the center console to clean the screen which gets smudged fairly easily as does the door lock area and above. Again thanks for the review. PS Why did you not want the car detailed? I just really enjoyed the fresh start.
Homelink works well for me too - no complaints. (Didn't really expect any since it's the same homelink that's been around for years).

I'm pretty sure you can turn the honk on lock off in the settings, I believe I did, because I haven't heard it honk at me when locking since I picked it up. I'll dig around and post a picture of the setting if I can remember.

I always carry some microfiber cloths in my car, but yea, the center screen can get pretty smudgy.

I didn't want the dealer detailed because I don't trust them to not scratch the car. I'm going to have paint protection film applied and I'd rather not have to have major paint correction done before that. My experience with dealers and prepping cars isn't great, so I'd rather do it myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
One thought on keeping the phone from sliding around... place a few "dots" with a hot glue gun at key spots to act as bumpers around the footprint of the phone. Not the most elegant solution, but might work OK. And if not, hot glue usually just peels right off with no evidence it was there.
I think I have an old rubber mat from my Veloster that I may cut up and do just this!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
One thought on keeping the phone from sliding around... place a few "dots" with a hot glue gun at key spots to act as bumpers around the footprint of the phone. Not the most elegant solution, but might work OK. And if not, hot glue usually just peels right off with no evidence it was there.
Peel and stick rubber pads or dots would work too. These are available it lots of stores.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
197 at 100%.. ouch. cold weather hits are making me rethink the GT. Have you factory reset the range calculation?

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
197 at 100%.. ouch. cold weather hits are making me rethink the GT. Have you factory reset the range calculation?
I had not reset it during that picture - After resetting I was getting around 220-230 range at 100%.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you can turn the honk on lock off in the settings, I believe I did, because I haven't heard it honk at me when locking since I picked it up. I'll dig around and post a picture of the setting if I can remember.
Disappointed they're using the horn as the audible lock confirmation rather than a less obnoxious chirp. They have speakers on the outside for the fake noise, so it should be easy to do something else.

I like some confirmation that the doors locked. In my Escape I always have to look at the light blink on the mirror, but something audible would be way better. But not the horn. That's too loud/annoying.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Disappointed they're using the horn as the audible lock confirmation rather than a less obnoxious chirp. They have speakers on the outside for the fake noise, so it should be easy to do something else.

I like some confirmation that the doors locked. In my Escape I always have to look at the light blink on the mirror, but something audible would be way better. But not the horn. That's too loud/annoying.
Agree - I like the small un-obnoxious chirp my i3 makes.

Reactions: Nav

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Its nice to hear someone from the South finally taking delivery. Best I can tell, no dealer in NC has even a demo on their lot. That is one sweet Grabber Blue FE. Love the painted calipers.
Congrats.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Welp... I guess I won't be gettin MACH-EV for my license plate. :) Nice write-up!

I can tell right now that I'm going to be disappointed with PaaK. I used to have a Kwikset Kevo smartlock on my door, which also attempts phone as a key. It was junk. You stand next to the lock for 30-40-50 seconds, and it only eventually recognizes you. It was faster to just whip out the physical key and insert it. You could make it faster by running the KEVO app when attempting to unlock the door, but then that means I'm just reaching into my pocket and using an app instead of having the lock just recognize my phone as it approaches. What I'm hearing about the Mach-E is that it's the same.

Fobs work. I'll just use the fob.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks for all the details @methorian. These are the kind of details from real owners that I'm most interested in. I've seen enough of the car reviewer opinions, and they don't use the cars long enough (or care enough) to dig into all these little things that real owners will care about.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Don't the mirrors auto fold when locked? that's plenty confirmation for me and the way my current car works.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Welp... I guess I won't be gettin MACH-EV for my license plate. :) Nice write-up!

I can tell right now that I'm going to be disappointed with PaaK

Fobs work. I'll just use the fob.
Except they are big and bulky old fashioned things. I prefer the small no button mini fobs, or cards that seem to be much more reliable than phones.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't the mirrors auto fold when locked? that's plenty confirmation for me and the way my current car works.
If that's what triggers them, then yes, that's pretty good. Wasn't sure whether it was locking the car or just putting it in Park that triggers the mirror fold.

Would still like a chirp option though.
Sponsored