Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Probably listed as a truck because it is classified as a truck. At least here in WI when I got my registration from the DMW it was shown as a truck.

im not sure how they do their classifications.
Sponsored

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I have Progressive. Their system is completely ready for the Mach-e. My premium is $6 per month more than the Mazda CX-5 it replaced.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I have been with AAA Northern California for a long time. Their system was totally ready or Mach E when I took delivery in February. I put in the VIN number, their system recognized make/model and gave a reasonable price. I vaguely remember that their system was ready when I first got my VIN number in Nov/Dec.

I think AAA isn't one single insurance company across the nation. For example, here, it's CSAA insurance exchange.

They told me the car is too new and their system isn't set up for it yet. All they can do is add it as an eco-boost Mustang. ?
It would be more reasonable to add it as a Ford SUV, if that's what you have to do.

Last edited:

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
State farm doesnt have the GT in their system. They asked what the MSRP of the vehicle was and based it on that. ~$730/6 months...

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Definitely don't let them add it as a 2-door ICE mustang, I called a while back and Allstate estimated my rate would be going down from my 2007 GT that's my "secondary" vehicle and long paid off.

beckermanex

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Prem RWD
Occupation
Information Management
Country flag
State Farm here, in their system and ready to go. I'm sure the pricing will change but I think they quoted me $23/m more than the 2018 Soul it's replacing.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Progressive here, no problem adding it (did it via VIN, it pulled up the right info).

$4/mo more than my 2013 Mazda CX-9 with the exact same coverages except I maxed out my rental reimbursement because Mach-E parts have a long lead time.

But boy, wait until the #NotAMustang crowd finds out that this new Mustang is a TRUCK.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Had the same issue with AAA SoCal, thanks for reminding me to call them back..

They told me the same thing, car was too new and the VIN would not pull up. They also told me the same thing last year when we bought the 2020 Hyundai Sonata. I removed a 2017 F150 and a 2017 BMW R1200RT motorcycle and the premium still went UP! I have a feeling they put it in wrong, I really don't see it costing more than a F150 and a motorcycle.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
SE Florida - Progressive - $123.00 / month or $1476.00 / year - No tickets or claims - No other insurance with them.

Rate went down from the Chevy Bolt with another carrier.

Will be interesting to see what the renewal rate will be next March....

Jim

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
$4/mo more than my 2013 Mazda CX-9 with the exact same coverages except I maxed out my rental reimbursement because Mach-E parts have a long lead time.
Are you certain your rental reimbursement coverage does what you say? The maximum daily rental reimbursement amount is selected by the policyholder but Progressive says the coverage is limited to 30 days of rental reimbursement per loss. This is typical of other insurers as well. Did you find a way to extend rental reimbursement coverage beyond 30 days?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Progressive here, no problem adding it (did it via VIN, it pulled up the right info).

But boy, wait until the #NotAMustang crowd finds out that this new Mustang is a TRUCK.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance not setup for Mach E? 1628658804640

Did someone say Truckstang?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Probably listed as a truck because it is classified as a truck. At least here in WI when I got my registration from the DMW it was shown as a truck.

im not sure how they do their classifications.
Insurance has my MME as a Truck 'stang. Fine, whatever.

Arizona state, on the other hand, has it as a Station Wagon. This thrills me to no end and makes me proud of my buying choices. ?

#stationwagonsforever

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Are you certain your rental reimbursement coverage does what you say? The maximum daily rental reimbursement amount is selected by the policyholder but Progressive says the coverage is limited to 30 days of rental reimbursement per loss. This is typical of other insurers as well. Did you find a way to extend rental reimbursement coverage beyond 30 days?
You're right, it's not stated to work that way AFAIK, but last time my car was under repair following an accident for a significant time (45 days) I had chosen (i.e. gotten stuck with) a cheaper car (avg $28/day after taxes/fees) and they ended up reimbursing me the max payout for my policy ($1200, 30 days at $40) even though based on my daily average rate they should have only covered about $840 total for the first 30. My out-of-pocket was $60 instead of $420, and the shop covered the $60 because the delay was partially due to them ordering the wrong parts.

Will I get that treatment again? Who knows, but it's worth the $4/month gamble to me. Especially because there's no way in heck I could get a car for anywhere near $28/day. The full $50/day probably won't even cover it.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FYI, pickups, (mini)vans, and SUVs are all considered "Trucks" by the EPA size classification system. Different government entities have their own size classification systems. The large 5000+ lb GVWR could also trigger it falling into a truck category.

There is also some history with the automaker lobby, SUVs were allowed to be considered trucks for the purposes of safety standards (such as braking distance) and fuel economy standards. Classifying SUVs as trucks instead of passenger vehicles meant the standards were less stringent and therefore the automakers could save money.
Sponsored