Insurance not setup for Mach E?

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I had no problem getting my MME insured with USAA. It ended costing like $6/month more than my Volt.
Sponsored

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Progressive had no problem insuring my MME. I was also shocked when my premium went down from $490 per six months with my Explorer to $399 per six months with the MME. I would have thought for sure my rate would have increased.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Premium comparisons among people, or vehicles, is largely useless.

My insurer, AMICA, had to ask HQ to price the policy because entering the VIN didn't pull it up. They suggested it will get revised in 6 months when the renewal policy is priced out.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have Allstate and they refer to it as a Ford Truck Mustang

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I have not received my MME yet but I did research the insurance costs for the different models thru Progressive.
My 17' Escape is $719 Year when bundled with the wife's Mini Cooper
I have a Premium AWDx on order and insurance will actually drop $47 due to also adding in my homeowners insurance (do the "Bundle" it helps) which is also a $150 savings as well.
In the past 48 plus years of auto ownership, Progressive has been the best insurance company I have ever had to deal with, naturally YMMV

Tony

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have Nationwide and they were able to give me a quote on the Mach-e back at the end of February when I picked up my car. I am retired so I don't drive as far and I only record about 8000 miles a year. They actually lowered my premium when I switched from my Sonata. I am assuming that is because of the enhanced safety features available on the Mach-e over what I had on the Sonata.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
You're right, it's not stated to work that way AFAIK, but last time my car was under repair following an accident for a significant time (45 days) I had chosen (i.e. gotten stuck with) a cheaper car (avg $28/day after taxes/fees) and they ended up reimbursing me the max payout for my policy ($1200, 30 days at $40) even though based on my daily average rate they should have only covered about $840 total for the first 30. My out-of-pocket was $60 instead of $420, and the shop covered the $60 because the delay was partially due to them ordering the wrong parts.

Will I get that treatment again? Who knows, but it's worth the $4/month gamble to me. Especially because there's no way in heck I could get a car for anywhere near $28/day. The full $50/day probably won't even cover it.
OK, now I understand. That worked out well for you last time. Hopefully, there'll never be an opportunity to test that coverage limit again but if there is you'll be in a better position to deal with the reality of today's rental car cost. I did the same thing a while back... increased my rental car reimbursement coverage from $40/day to $100/day. It added less than $50/year to the premium so I figured it's worthwhile. Now, if only Ford would schedule my MME for production!

OP
OP
New2EV

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Today's Update:
My wife called AAA again (Auto Club South in FL) and had the agent look through all Ford vehicles. Even though their online quote system recognizes the Mach E under Ford Trucks, their internal system doesn't have any spot for it. But they assured us that I'm fully covered no matter what happens and if it ends up being cheaper whenever they update their system, they'll refund the difference. She also called several other insurance companies and AAA was by far the cheapest, so I guess we'll list it as an ICE Mustang. ?

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
I used the Ford insure I’m paying $120 and it includes gap coverage

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another vote for State Farm. $106/month with $100 deductible.

pti

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
attorney
Country flag
Sticking with Allstate, my MME would have been hundreds more a year than the 2017 XC90 I was replacing. I switched to Progressive, which instead was a few hundred less than I'd been paying for the XC90.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Geico. Close enough to not make much difference between the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock it replaced. The Jeep was due to go up and the MME was less than that amount

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I have Geico. It was added as a mustang, but as a 4 door SUV, not a coupe. They didn't have the Mach-E specifically. It's based on VIN number usually. I had to make sure it was added as a 4 door, and they said yes, that's what they have. Insurance is being a little weird about it, I admit. I brought this up to them, and they said its based on the VIN of the vehicle.
Also with Geico my insurance was in no ways expensive for quite a bit of coverage.
Also Geico has really great rates on EVs with safety features.

Reactions: TRP

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
About $6-7 more a month with USAA and no issues.

Not an insurance thing, but checking my Ohio Registration at the BMV it is referred to as a "wagon" on the registration info.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I was with Travelers, and in early April, they did not have Mach E in their system but they added it and the cost was similar to Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV it replaced. Have since moved over to SafeCo, which is apparently now some sort of sister company to Liberty Mutual, and the cost also stayed close to the same.

If they don't have it in their system, tell them to fix it or your out. I was going to say ask them if they could rate it as a 1974 Mustang II, but then you would have to pay a lot for GAP insurance, so that won't work.
Sponsored