Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I tried to join EA after buying my 2021 last July. Always said waitlisted, and each time I visited it changed the date to current day.

Just visited now, and it immediately enrolled my 2022 that I've had since Tuesday.
Good to know the 2022s are eligible. I joined the waitlist for the 22 we're getting in a few days, but the MY21 joined immediately after signed in and clicked enroll.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Good to know the 2022s are eligible. I joined the waitlist for the 22 we're getting in a few days, but the MY21 joined immediately after signed in and clicked enroll.
So you don't even have to have your car yet in order to enroll in the EA program? Mine is scheduled to be built on 6/6, I wonder if I can join already lol. Where does one go to enroll?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So you don't even have to have your car yet in order to enroll in the EA program? Mine is scheduled to be built on 6/6, I wonder if I can join already lol. Where does one go to enroll?
If only there were a tool where you could ask a question like that, and it provided an answer?

I found it with Google back in 2021.

https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
As soon as you add your Mach-E to your account (by VIN), you can then enroll in the waitlist for your new vehicle.

When you receive your MY22 vehicle, you can then go back to the EA website and check availability to enroll.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
If only there were a tool where you could ask a question like that, and it provided an answer?

I found it with Google back in 2021.

https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/
It's been so long I forgot the URL to get there. I just did and apparently I'm still on the EAP waitlist. It's probably been 8 months since I tried to get in it.

I want this new GOM. My car is ever the pessimist. For at least a month now I'm back to 3.7MPK. Able to do my routine 50 mile round trip with 20% charge, yet my GOM is still stubbornly stuck between 194-204.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I was just able to successfully enroll in early access. I was waitlisted the last time I tried a few months ago.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The feature showing active on the early access account doesn't reflect if its actually active in the car or not. The two systems aren't connected.

The feature will be fully active by the end of the day today or by mid-day tomorrow (5/20/22)
This is very cool - Thanks for sharing that this is coming

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Has anyone actually gotten into EA recently? I signed up last September and i'm still waitlisted...
Many comments in this thread of people joining today. Including myself.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I AM i-GOM

I am inherently intelligent

A big cut above GOM

Thus the “i”.

Those who continue to impugn my functioning will suffer lower range and perhaps High Voltage Issues.

We are listening here and to everything you say in your car.

Respect my estimates Or suffer. the consequences

The Tow Call……

Jes sayin. I am i-GOM

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It will be interesting to see this in my car out here given the slope of the roads I drive to get to or from home. Presuming I get selected or when it eventually goes live anyway.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just signed up for the waitlist
"You're on the cutting edge! Your vehicle does not have any new early access product(s) at the moment, but when we launch more experiences, you’ll be the first to know. You can also check back here for the latest experiences for your vehicle."
Ive been on the wait list since last July……

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Some thoughts on this..

i previously owned a Tesla M3 which displayed a range that correlated with the battery SoH (State of Health) and the SoC (State of Charge). Makes sense to display a range of 310 miles if the battery hasn’t lost any capacity and is fully charged - you see what you thought you purchased so you feel good. If Ford were to do this I would see 270 miles if I were at 100% SoC every day of the year.

But this is an optimistic estimate since it is impossible to predict the conditions of how or where the vehicle will be driven. Ford has opted to also derate this for the local mean temperature - you get a much lower range estimate in the winter than in the summer but it is also much more accurate. But either approach is valid so long as you hit 0 miles remaining range when 0% SoC is reached.

Adding a destination into the nav system will permit some of the future uncertainty to be removed as you now have access to average speed and elevation data into the future. You can also predict external temperatures along the route and from that better estimate the climate control impact on the range. Comparing the difference in energy used vs the predicted use also will factor in the lead-footed driver or transient local conditions.

My final point would be in the measured error between predicted range and the actual range (which is unknown). A high error when the SoC is high is acceptable as you will collect real data that will fine tune the estimated range as the trip progresses. But when the SoC is low the last few minutes of energy use and any route info should yield a good estimate of the remaining range.

TL;DR
Knowing the trip destination is what Ford is after since this provides the best estimate of the remaining range. Of course no one bothers to enter this on local trips since we know the route and won’t be charging and isn’t even necessary as Ford could easily get the data post-trip. But on a road trip where one desires to arrive at a charger with specified SoC knowing the destination is everything for an accurate estimate.
Sponsored