Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
For those who are arguing that they don’t understand why “team Space Gray” is annoyed at the (potential) loss of the matching steering wheel, I’ll submit that, for us, it’s part of the overall esthetic of the car. For example, I happen to think it made the car look a bit more complete and upscale - “premium” if you will. The black wheel looks like they’re just reaching into the same parts bin they grab fiesta steering wheels from and slapping on a Mustang airbag cover ? oh, and it is possible to clean a car interior occasionally ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
1pt21Gigawatts

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
You might get it on GT or later versions of the car but on the first go they most likely dropped it for financial reasons.
Then I might just drop the car for financial reasons. I can wait, economic turbulence and nowhere to drive means that I can afford to wait until we actually get what was advertised.

@trutolife27 let us know what you find out if you can.

OP
OP
1pt21Gigawatts

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
For those who are arguing that they don’t understand why “team Space Gray” is annoyed at the (potential) loss of the matching steering wheel, I’ll submit that, for us, it’s part of the overall esthetic of the car. For example, I happen to think it made the car look a bit more complete and upscale - “premium” if you will. The black wheel looks like they’re just reaching into the same parts bin they grab fiesta steering wheels from and slapping on a Mustang airbag cover ? oh, and it is possible to clean a car interior occasionally ?
Exactly. It ties everything together and is like the keystone of the entire interior.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Exactly. It ties everything together and is like the keystone of the entire interior.
It's ok to wait just realize that you might find yourself always wairing for the next one and i suspect the price might actually go up

OP
OP
1pt21Gigawatts

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
It's ok to wait just realize that you might find yourself always wairing for the next one and i suspect the price might actually go up
The whole price going up thing doesn’t concern me. If they don’t drop the price as the credit phases out then the Model Y takes an instant price advantage. Heck, if the credit comes back for Tesla then I can’t imagine many people will be able to justify a $7k price difference at all.

For reference, Chevy cuts +$10k off the Bolt routinely. If anything, I think the discounts will be bigger later, especially with the pandemic dampening sales.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I'm past the steering wheel preference- although I still prefer it and think the areas where it's located would stay clean. The earlier rendering also showed a more grey interior, that we would now argue is white. I did notice on VIN order tracking just now it still shows the white accented steering wheel- old renders I'm sure.

I'm sure this is cost-savings and simplification for production more than "it would get dirty."

They could have gone with white stitching like the doors/armrest as an alternate, but since the center console/seat backs are black I've decided the steering wheel still works, albeit not as "cool."

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior Changed - no more white accent on steering wheel Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.30.16 PM

Last edited:

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On the Canadian site it is still the white steering wheel but of course it might take a week before ford.ca receive an email from ford.com and then it will take another week for the guys in charge of the web site to make the call to change the pic on the site and then it will take another week before it's done. :p

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I originally ordered the light gray interior but wifey swished that due to looking at our light interior in our Acura MDX. Changed to black so black on black with no gray looks sick to me!!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The white accented steering wheel is nice looking but reviewers of other cars say that white steering wheels get impossibly dirty and oily from hands so they're hard to keep clean.
I would definitely not have wanted a white steering wheel!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just had a thought for those who are against the light gray trim on steering wheels. You know how they sell screen protectors for cell phones? Perhaps some enterprising person could come out with custom-sized protectors for the gray trim area on the steering wheel?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I just had a thought for those who are against the light gray trim on steering wheels. You know how they sell screen protectors for cell phones? Perhaps some enterprising person could come out with custom-sized protectors for the gray trim area on the steering wheel?
And watch it peel off over the life of the car? Or feel like plastic on furniture? Or worse burn and discolor from the heated steering wheel? No thanks. I am glad they ditched this for dark interiors. An option for others would have been nice.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The reason I've switch to Light Space Grey seats and steering wheel it's in part because I look at this guy's You Tube channel. So yes there are ways to protect your (fake)leather seats and steering wheel.
Sponsored