Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have been trying to get interior lights on at night with no luck. Especially the ones in the trunk. Only the ones on the tailgate will illuminate. The ones that should illuminate the trunk area never illuminate.

A4240D06-EFD0-4F38-BD00-9A60A389E4DD.jpeg

536F09A8-5AAA-4260-849D-AC36448CA5F4.jpeg

15692BC6-3462-473E-B72D-16D2C7AD50CD.jpeg

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Had this issue myself till I checked the manual. Would've liked them to be brighter honestly...Maybe there is a LED mod/replacement somewhere.

OP
OP

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I was able to turn on the trunk light using the overhead console button. I cannot get it to turn on when I open the trunk. This is absolutely stupid that the trunk lights only work if you punch the button on the overhead console.

OP
OP

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The statement the lights come on when you open any door is false.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was able to turn on the trunk light using the overhead console button. I cannot get it to turn on when I open the trunk. This is absolutely stupid that the trunk lights only work if you punch the button on the overhead console.
There are four buttons on that console. You don't want to be pressing the one whose label shows a strikeout line through a light. That turns the whole interior lighting system on or off. Leave it on.

OP
OP

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The statement the lights come on when you open the doors is also false.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Do you have the button selected in the upper console?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior lights 1655332857579
When I was a kid and dinosaurs roamed the earth, this function was called "courtesy lights."

@Gullwingdmc has answered your question with a page from the manual. I applied this advice from the manual and got my courtesy lights to work when any door is opened, including the hatch. Got this working just last night as I had some tinkering to do in the trunk and needed some light. Caveat: the lights only stay on for a while and then you'll have to open a random door again.

Allow me to paraphrase the manual:

See the button circled in blue? It looks vaguely like a space alien with a feather in his/her cap dancing in a grass skirt wearing a bandolier across his (or maybe her) right shoulder and left hip. Look for that little button in your overhead console. If it is illuminated yellow or amber, press it. It will no longer be yellow/amber, and your courtesy lights including those in the trunk area will light up just like downtown when you open any door including the trunk hatch.

Easy-peasy.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It looks vaguely like a space alien with a feather in his/her cap dancing in a grass skirt wearing a bandolier across his (or maybe her) right shoulder and left hip. Look for that little button in your overhead console. If it is illuminated yellow or amber, press it. It will no longer be yellow/amber, and your courtesy lights including those in the trunk area will light up just like downtown when you open any door including the trunk hatch.

Easy-peasy.
After several posts reiterating how this properly works, I think maybe @robbinbadams came here only to vent. 🤷

OP
OP

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I’m not venting, just trying to get it to work like I would expect. After reading P T Magoo I was able to make it work as I expected. Thanks for your help, PT
Sponsored