Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most trim parts either have to be painted or dyed. Are they white or space grey
Ford interior trim parts do not need to be painted or dyed. They are available in the exact colors needed for any particular model car that it was originally built with. The only time they have needed to be painted is if they run out of a part on an older model vehicle and need to have the manufacture produce more then they usually come in a satin black or creamy white color.

This is different than their exterior trim parts. For the exterior parts if it was a part that is a body color then you get a satin black primed part so you can have it painted. If the part is a gloss black trim then it will come that way.

That said, I ordered the black A pillars to replace my space gray ones and they will match perfectly all the other black trim in the car.

I should mention I have been dealing with Ford parts since 1969 and have two personal friends that have been parts managers at different dealers for over 35 years.

Last edited:

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Yes, not too difficult at all. I have had them off on many other cars before. They are tricky getting back in at the bottom with those clips but you just need patience.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 4.25.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 4.25.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 4.25.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 4.26.27 PM.png
I tried removing and running my dash cam cables through this, but I think I broke one of the clips. Can I download this manual somewhere? I can see that I did not do what needed to be done, now maybe I can move forward. :( Thank you for this info!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I
Ford interior trim parts do not need to be painted or dyed. They are available in the exact colors needed for any particular model car that it was originally built with. The only time they have needed to be painted is if they run out of a part on an older model vehicle and need to have the manufacture produce more then they usually come in a satin black or creamy white color.

This is different than their exterior trim parts. For the exterior parts if it was a part that is a body color then you get a satin black primed part so you can have it painted. If the part is a gloss black trim then it will come that way.

That said, I ordered the black A pillars to replace my space gray ones and they will match perfectly all the other black trim in the car.

I should mention I have been dealing with Ford parts since 1969 and have two personal friends that have been parts managers at different dealers for over 35 years.
Thank you for the info, i was making reference to the previous comment of the diy option.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
If anyone with the space grey trim is looking to sell, I'd be interested.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Black in general looks way better! my ecoboost was all black on the interior and i love it.

BTW does any of the models have a black headliner?

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Black in general looks way better! my ecoboost was all black on the interior and i love it.

Yeah, my Eco has the all black interior but I don't mind the space grey. I unfortunately had a mishap screwing around with the 'A' pillar trim though and of course everything is backorder.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior pillar color a-pillar

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag

GT looks black/dark on the Mach-E 'build and price' page. I hope so - the windshield glare from light-colored parts can be a problem.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

agreed. light headliners only go well with light interiors as far as I'm concerned. I think now only GT's do?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Finally got around to replacing the space gray A pillars with black ones. As I said here in an earlier post, the only reason I was replacing them is because of how awful they look from the outside of the car. The B and C pillars are black already and now with the A pillar black it looks better inside the car too. Also no glare on the inside of the windshield anymore.

IMG_5169D.jpg

IMG_5174D.jpg

IMG_5170D.jpg

IMG_5171D.jpg

IMG_5172D.jpg

IMG_5173D.jpg

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Finally got around to replacing the space gray A pillars with black ones. As I said here in an earlier post, the only reason I was replacing them is because of how awful they look from the outside of the car. The B and C pillars are black already and now with the A pillar black it looks better inside the car too. Also no glare on the inside of the windshield anymore.
They look great. How tricky was the swap? I’ve read the instructions from the service manual posted earlier, but I don’t really get it. They say to remove the tether clips first, but how do you get to them if they’re on the back side of the pillars?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They look great. How tricky was the swap? I’ve read the instructions from the service manual posted earlier, but I don’t really get it. They say to remove the tether clips first, but how do you get to them if they’re on the back side of the pillars?
How tricky was the swap? They took less than a minute to remove but are a pain going back in, about 5 minutes of getting it just right to snap in.

Because I was not going to use the space gray ones again, I did not go by the service manual. I grabbed the top of the pillar and pulled forward which easily released the two clips. Then I cut the tethered cord at the clips and pulled the pillar straight up out of the dash. Like I said, less than a minute. Now you have to remove the two clips that had the tethered cord on them which are on a support bracket next to the airbag. Just push on either side of the clip while holding tension on the side you first released and the clip falls out.

Installing the pillar is not so easy. It is a tight fit and everything has to line up perfectly. The new pillars come with tethered clips so no problem there. Installing the base of the pillar into the dash is the difficult issue. The defroster vent receiver in the pillar has to line up perfectly with the duct in the dash and it is not easy to do. Also there is a trim at the edge of the dash that has a protruding pin that has to fit into the bottom of the pillar. It is all kind of like a puzzle. Then there is the door seal that gets in the way and you have to work around that. Just takes a little time and patience but it is all back together and looks really good.

Al-E

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB Premium ER/RWD Mustang Mach E '21
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
I don't like the white A pillar mouldings either. Here are the black ones in case anyone wants to order them. They run about $70 each.

LJ8Z-5803598-AB Left moulding
LJ8Z-5803599-AB Right moulding
Sorry for the dumb question, where do you order these from?
Sponsored