How is your PAAK treating you?

• Total voters

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
So far PAAK been working pretty good for me on my 22 gtpe. I keep my fob in a faraday bag just incase, as this is pretty new to me. But i got a question. what happens if ford servers goes down? does PAAK still work? does the back up passcode work? or is that stuff all locallized?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
No, I define failure as getting a ā€œno key detectedā€ message and having to use the backup start code. As long as I very rarely have to do that, Iā€™m good with PAAK.
Using that definition, I am still at 100%. I did get the "no key detected" message a couple times recently after I started the car, but I ignored it and drove on. I never had to enter the backup code.

OP
OP
RVAtom

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So far PAAK been working pretty good for me on my 22 gtpe. I keep my fob in a faraday bag just incase, as this is pretty new to me. But i got a question. what happens if ford servers goes down? does PAAK still work? does the back up passcode work? or is that stuff all locallized?
PAAK works locally, so you would be okay if servers went down. I believe the door unlock code is local too. However the code you enter to start the car calls home. For that one you need reception.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
If you define failure as not being able to get in the car and start it, I am at 0% failure rate. I don't even carry (or hide) my Fob for backup. I am 100% PaaK!
Ballsy lol

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I tried PAAK for 2 days on a fully updated GT PE.

-Walking to the car does not always activate, sometimes you actually have to wait for the bluetooth connection to work. Used the door code a few times, because i have no patience.
-Rebooting the phone does not activate PAAK (not on my Sony Xperia 1iii), you have to start Fordpass to get it working again.
-When it workes there are no issues.

-Battery usage on the phone is very low, so no high drains anymore

I deleted my PAAK, i have 2 fobs anyway

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitterā€¦and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
I have tried attaching my android (s21) on and off for about 6 months. Will tell me it failed but send me a message in the ford app that it was successful then doesn't show up in the attached paak list.?

jasn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD Premium ER - Space White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I'm using PAAK I'd love a screen reminder to take my phone with me after I shut off the car. Twice I've walked away with it on the charger pad.

Sorta like the rear passenger alert.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When I'm using PAAK I'd love a screen reminder to take my phone with me after I shut off the car. Twice I've walked away with it on the charger pad.

Sorta like the rear passenger alert.
Just keep it in your pocket so you donā€™t have to remember to grab it.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Almost flawless for me. Really the only catch appears to be the fault of my phone.

I have a Samsung Flip 3. Usually if I flip it closed it doesn't work, says key not found. Opening the phone, works just fine. Something about when the phone closes, even leaving the app open, makes it not work.

I've just gotten in the habit of opening the phone to start the car. Or I've found if I have it open, then close it, starting the car right after I close it works. I guess it takes time to lose the connection.

Very happy overall. Haven't had to use my backup code in a long time.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Oh there's so many jokes you set me up for and half of them are inappropriate so I'll just answer your question...

I don't have any issue with how fast it responds although in my testing this was the response when I hid the persistent notification and had battery restrictions in place.
Iā€™m on latest system updates and PaaK is still a crapshoot.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Just keep it in your pocket so you donā€™t have to remember to grab it.
I did this
Using that definition, I am still at 100%. I did get the "no key detected" message a couple times recently after I started the car, but I ignored it and drove on. I never had to enter the backup code.
i have to put my phone in my right pocket instead of left pocket. Seems like PaaK needs to be close to the start button. Those ā€œno key detectedā€ messages are annoying. Wouldnā€™t we know if we have no key? Better would be a chime to tell that we left PaaK in the car if we shut the drivers door.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
i have to put my phone in my right pocket instead of left pocket. Seems like PaaK needs to be close to the start button. Those ā€œno key detectedā€ messages are annoying. Wouldnā€™t we know if we have no key? Better would be a chime to tell that we left PaaK in the car if we shut the drivers door.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My phone is always in my left pocket. If I had to move it to the other pocket or put it on the charging pad for PaaK to work, I wouldn't use PaaK. It's supposed to be passive.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
PAAK works locally, so you would be okay if servers went down. I believe the door unlock code is local too. However the code you enter to start the car calls home. For that one you need reception.
Only if you are logged into the app, if you are logged out for some reason you are SOL

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Iā€™m on latest system updates and PaaK is still a crapshoot.
I use PaaK exclusively and have only carried a FOB once in owning the car (~8 months). Works perfectly fine.

Remember, there's many variables to using PaaK - Vehicle Firmware, Phone OS, Phone MFG, FP version, Bluetooth MFG, Bluetooth firmware, etc. Saying "PaaK sucks" without knowledge of where the "suckiness" is coming from is not how my brain operates.
Sponsored