Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. The priority setting for the phone is gone. :(

I have Android and the family has Apple. My son and I park next to each other at the office (where the charging spaces are). Yesterday we both left work at the same time. I get in my car and the Android connects and I attempt to call my wife at home. Son walks by and my car drops my phone and connects to his. Now I get his Spotify or whatever he is listening to.

I put some distance between my car and his as to get out of bluetooth range and then have to manually choose my phone from the list to re-connect. During that process I come up on a red light and my son slides in right next to me at the intersection. Pairing interrupted and his phone connects to my car and I hear his music again. :mad:

Later when I pull into the driveway, my car connects to her iPhone in the house and I hear whatever she is streaming on her phone. Very frustrating.

At this point the only thing that I can think to do is delete all the phones from the paired list except for mine. (I still have one of my old cell phones pair to the car since it has PaaK loaded on it).

Aren't updates great? đź‘Ť So glad I signed up for this crap....
Wonder who runs there testing center and quality control?
Sponsored

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m not having issues with the profile but CarPlay and even Bluetooth when CarPlay doesn’t work is all f’d up. I didn’t have these issues before 3.whatever. Very annoyinGA!!!! I hope Ford fixes this crap soon….

Edit: I don’t even have two phones tied to the car, just me!
I would definitely give up YouTube and Alexa so my shit works again!!!!!
1 out of 10 20 CarPlay works. If CarPlay doesn’t work Bluetooth works every other time, maybe…..

Last edited:

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
I received the 3.5.3 update today. My profiles will not load. The seat position is correct but all other settings like drive mode and radio stations won’t load at all. It stays in guest mode even when changing to another preset profile.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received the 3.5.3 update today. My profiles will not load. The seat position is correct but all other settings like drive mode and radio stations won’t load at all. It stays in guest mode even when changing to another preset profile.
As others have commented. Add a profile and label it Test and for whatever reason profiles works again. don’t ask my why.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If all your profiles are already programmed, then you are going to have to delete one and then re-program it. That seemed to work for me. Sucks that we have to figure out work-a-rounds but at least that one is a reasonable fix.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’m not having issues with the profile but CarPlay and even Bluetooth when CarPlay doesn’t work is all f’d up. I didn’t have these issues before 3.whatever. Very annoyinGA!!!! I hope Ford fixes this crap soon….

1 out of 10 20 CarPlay works. If CarPlay doesn’t work Bluetooth works every other time, maybe…..
I feel your pain....

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If all your profiles are already programmed, then you are going to have to delete one and then re-program it. That seemed to work for me. Sucks that we have to figure out work-a-rounds but at least that one is a reasonable fix.
I mean, it’s so logical that you should have to have another profile to fix the profile problem. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I have not even activated Alexa or YouTube, yet still have the issues.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I mean, it’s so logical that you should have to have another profile to fix the profile problem. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it.
:)
Well, it is only a temporary fix. The profile issue remains even with that work around. It is just less frequent where it selects the guest profile.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Every time I get an OTA I expect to have to restart the screen at least 3 to 4 times for 3 days until Car Play comes back to normal. I know one of the latest OTa is to accept more than one Bluetooth device at once. That might be messing with Car play. But again, my old Taurus with sync 3.5 has a more reliable Carplan that the new Sync in the ME.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Have not had the AA not connecting issue or the profile one but since 3.5.3 my Bluetooth audio has sudden pauses and lags going through tracks. 3.5.3 also caused my driver door to stop opening again unless I press the fob or open the back door first.

Flashdog99

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 2022
Country flag
I added a 3rd profile and then I was able to activate my original profile with all my settings. I reported the issue to Ford tech support.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
After 3.x.x sync and iphone 16.x, my carplay disconnects constantly. I have removed and re-paired several times, but it keeps happening. I think maybe the problem could be bluetooth related but I'm not sure. Thesync phone setup screen where you could previously choose car play has been changed and it doesn't work anymore. Mid conversations just drop out and carplay vanishes. Gotta love technology... ugh they really need to look into this problem. it's making for a very unpleasant experience.

Last edited:

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
I've had most of the mentioned issues in the past few weeks. Everything had been working quite well with carplay and paak. The profile issue was irritating, but at least that has only happened once so far.
Sponsored