SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I keep a small "for fun" brokerage account. All the stocks in it pay dividends for DRI purposes. My primary, managed account (retirementl) has plenty of growth shares, including TSLA. I was being tongue in cheek 🙄
With the recent influx of t-stans on this forum, you can't even pretend to be critical of anything brand M...
Sponsored

Bobbyg813

First Name
BG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
I have talked to many people who won't buy a Tesla because it's owned by someone whose lifestyle (many children with many women) and/or political views they don't agree with.
I have also talked to several Mach-E owners who previously owned a Tesla Y or 3 and they much prefer the style and comfort of the Mach-E. Having test driven a Y myself, I have to agree.
Do the people you talk to also not go to Chick-fil-A because the owners are conservative Christians, have spoken out against same-sex marriage, believe the Supreme Court got roe v. wade right the second time, and are anti-LGBTQ?

Main stream media have brainwashed people into being musk haters, because he’s an existential threat to their control of the public narrative, via his ownership of Twitter.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Do the people you talk to also not go to Chick-fil-A because the owners are conservative Christians, have spoken out against same-sex marriage, believe the Supreme Court got roe v. wade right the second time, and are anti-LGBTQ?
Yeah, actually. I don't usually care what companies are doing but some really overstep the line, and Chick-fil-A was egregious at the time. Would probably eat there again at this point, though.

Main stream media have brainwashed people into being musk haters, because he’s an existential threat to their control of the public narrative, via his ownership of Twitter.
Musk posts his own Tweets, there's no reporting needed to see how he is hypocritical and has really gone off the rails (or perhaps he always was). Anyone who follows what's been happening at Twitter, and who observes the culture within his other companies, would pretty easily draw the conclusion that he is a toxic individual. It's not clear that he truly believes in the causes he championed or if he was just correctly guessing and subsequently riding a trend that netted him a lot of money.

I didn't go with the Mach-E over a Tesla because of Musk, though. I did it because there's no Apple CarPlay in Tesla vehicles. The fact that Musk once championed the noble goal of dethroning ICE and heralding the era of the electric vehicle regardless of which company was in first place, and has since done a 180 to become more closed off and hostile, just makes me feel a bit better about going with a non-Tesla vehicle. I don't know that I'd be feeling badly about my purchase if it was a Tesla sitting in my garage, though. Probably not. Musk may be at the top, but there are still a lot of good people working at those companies.

Last edited:

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Such people would be in the minority and definitely not enough to drive MachE volume at prices above Model Y's. Remember Model Y's far superior OTA updates, phone and infotainment interface, faster supercharging network, sentry cam & live cam footage are just some of the features that most drivers would prefer over whatever Ford has to offer, including Bluecruise.
Ford, GM, Hyundai, Mercedes, the Chinese, etc. are all behind Tesla in software. But.... everyone is catching up... in car terms fairly quickly.

Because battery prices will be lower this year, Ford and others can have both lower prices and reasonable margin.

Lithium prices are down significantly despite growing demand.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jim Farley comments on recent Tesla price drops in Bloomberg 1682295383471

At the minute lots of people think in terms of EVs only competing with other EVs... Model Y vs EV6, MME, etc. In my view this is wrong. The peak number ICE cars was probably 2017... EVs are mostly competing with ICE crossovers.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
People complain about musk, but he's precisely what's been needed to shake up markets on multiple fronts. I'd be afraid of someone who blindly agrees with everything someone does. EVs are where they're at today because of his actions. The US has means of ferrying its own citizens and its allies to/from the ISS because of him and the alternative to that -- burning $$$ on the soviet rocket -- is unacceptable. He lit at least $22bil on fire buying what had become a propo / data mining social network for govts the world over. Love him or hate him, his actions made the MME a viable product.

Most modernized countries are currently undergoing a population collapse and his 7 children are enough to offset 2 other families that have decided not to participate in the continuation of the species. Countries need 2.2 children per female on average to simply maintain their current population rate. Just to on-shore US semiconductor consumption would require an additional 4 million workers. A very small but vital part of the countless things that make modern life possible.

I think the comparison to the model-t is quite accurate. A mehcar with dated styling and overly simplistic / basic interiors. Sure the software gets updated -- if you want it or not, and the fact it can't interface with the 2 most popular phone infotainment platforms is a solid 'no interest' in my realm of vehicle needs. There's enough wiggle room with the right knowhow with ford as it stands that people can update their software. Loading BC 1.2 onto my 21 MME only took about 3 hours. As for what capabilities I can get to work in regards to the assist 2.0 on the F150 remains to be seen. When I get the time I'll install the front corner radars.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
People complain about musk, but he's precisely what's been needed to shake up markets on multiple fronts. I'd be afraid of someone who blindly agrees with everything someone does. EVs are where they're at today because of his actions. The US has means of ferrying its own citizens and its allies to/from the ISS because of him and the alternative to that -- burning $$$ on the soviet rocket -- is unacceptable. He lit at least $22bil on fire buying what had become a propo / data mining social network for govts the world over. Love him or hate him, his actions made the MME a viable product.

Most modernized countries are currently undergoing a population collapse and his 7 children are enough to offset 2 other families that have decided not to participate in the continuation of the species. Countries need 2.2 children per female on average to simply maintain their current population rate. Just to on-shore US semiconductor consumption would require an additional 4 million workers. A very small but vital part of the countless things that make modern life possible.

I think the comparison to the model-t is quite accurate. A mehcar with dated styling and overly simplistic / basic interiors. Sure the software gets updated -- if you want it or not, and the fact it can't interface with the 2 most popular phone infotainment platforms is a solid 'no interest' in my realm of vehicle needs. There's enough wiggle room with the right knowhow with ford as it stands that people can update their software. Loading BC 1.2 onto my 21 MME only took about 3 hours. As for what capabilities I can get to work in regards to the assist 2.0 on the F150 remains to be seen. When I get the time I'll install the front corner radars.

Since you mention it, I'd like to know what is involved in getting BC1.2 loaded. Software only, or did you need to change hardware... etc. Maybe a new thread.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Since you mention it, I'd like to know what is involved in getting BC1.2 loaded. Software only, or did you need to change hardware... etc. Maybe a new thread.
There's software that allows one to program modules w/ just about whatever they want. I'm not really at liberty to say anything further on it.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

Great! And he made $150B for being the visionary genius who he is. Good on him. Some of us don’t want to make him any richer.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Ford, GM, Hyundai, Mercedes, the Chinese, etc. are all behind Tesla in software. But.... everyone is catching up... in car terms fairly quickly.

Because battery prices will be lower this year, Ford and others can have both lower prices and reasonable margin.

Lithium prices are down significantly despite growing demand.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Jim Farley comments on recent Tesla price drops in Bloomberg 1682295383471

At the minute lots of people think in terms of EVs only competing with other EVs... Model Y vs EV6, MME, etc. In my view this is wrong. The peak number ICE cars was probably 2017... EVs are mostly competing with ICE crossovers.
Exactly this.
Nearly everybody who has talked with me over the past year+ about my Mustang has been someone who wants a "normal" car with an electric drivetrain. They have zero interest in a Tesla, which they see the same way they saw my Prii--a statement car. They just want an electric car (or a truck) that does what their current car does and doesn't make a big statement (of any kind).