Tesla Drops Prices... Will Ford?

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Well if youare upgrading a version it does not mean adding a feature, so I suppose if you go from version 3 to 4 you correct some glitches and you make some others better.
Gotcha. Was just wanting to make sure I understood cuz I hadn't seen anything specific about the differences between the explorer version and the MME. But yes, hopefully it's improved
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've seen that. It looks good but its still TBD how well it handles sharp curves/exits/ramps etc. That's where the autopilot seems to be a bit more intelligent from what I've seen.

As far as it having an upgraded version, the only thing I've read about upgraded from that is the hands free part. Was there something else you were referring to?
I'm no expert, and we will have to wait and see what the upgrade is, but if my understanding is correct, the mustang will have a 2.0 version of the co-pilot360 and Co-plot assist 360.

2.0 might not mean anything, but it implies something to me.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
I'm no expert, and we will have to wait and see what the upgrade is, but if my understanding is correct, the mustang will have a 2.0 version of the co-pilot360 and Co-plot assist 360.

2.0 might not mean anything, but it implies something to me.
It means the marketing team thought it would look better with a 2.0 behind it!!

J/k. Yea just have to wait and see until they release more info or people get to test it out

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It means the marketing team thought it would look better with a 2.0 behind it!!

J/k. Yea just have to wait and see until they release more info or people get to test it out
I agree, marketing!!

Having never had any of these feature before, I'm pretty content with what I saw with the explorer and Lincoln (mkz maybe?).

And I'm sure I'll pay the extra for the software update so I can take my hands of the wheel, just hope it isn't crazy high.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Have you seen the number of options, colors, and body types for the Bronco? With two different models. Wow.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-wallpapers-photos-videos-colors-trims.1776/

If Tesla thought launching the M3 was production hell, trying to offer a similar number of options as the Bronco would be production hell Plaid. But that’s what they need to figure out to grow their customer base.

A car is not a phone screen with wheels.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Geez, fellas. How about we tone it down a notch or 2? They're just cars; no need to get personal.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Lots of good points here... basically the MY’s price drop puts it on par, price wise, with the AWD ER MME. I’ll add one thing... range/efficiency aside, since the one component that factors hugely into the cost of production is the battery- Ford may not have much room to drop price. You’re almost getting a Model Y LR AWD sized battery (75kWh) in the MME select (68kWh). Then the MME ER is just... a huge battery. Yes, the range for the MY LR AWD and MME AWD ER are comparable but tax credit or not, the Ford just has to cost more based on the size of the battery (not to mention any difference in battery cost due to volume).

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Lots of good points here... basically the MY’s price drop puts it on par, price wise, with the AWD ER MME. I’ll add one thing... range/efficiency aside, since the one component that factors hugely into the cost of production is the battery- Ford may not have much room to drop price. You’re almost getting a Model Y LR AWD sized battery (75kWh) in the MME select (68kWh). Then the MME ER is just... a huge battery. Yes, the range for the MY LR AWD and MME AWD ER are comparable but tax credit or not, the Ford just has to cost more based on the size of the battery (not to mention any difference in battery cost due to volume).
Long-term, isn’t it more efficient to source from different suppliers competing on tech and price? Tesla has said they want to build their own batteries but is vertical integration a smart move? It works for Apple but does it apply to autos with many more build options than an iPhone?

Regarding margin, why is Tesla not selling the Y in Europe yet? I understand they want to wait and sell the Y from the Berlin factory, since their margin may not cover the US->Europe tariffs.

Ford is shipping to Europe from Mexico to pay lower tariffs so they may not be as margin constrained as Tesla in that market. Which may explain why Tesla is trying to build the Berlin factory as quickly as possible. Can you imagine the MME and other competition taking the electric suv market before the first MY rolls out in Berlin?

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I think you are confused.

Why would you think Adaptive Cruise Control & Lane Keep/Centering in the MME would not be as universally available as the similar systems (that comprise autopilot on your Tesla)?

See the links:

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

When is Tesla adding blind spot warning indicators in the mirror where they should be?

[/QUOTE]

(can be used more universally than the Ford system).

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You misunderstand - he is saying that one could decrease one's witholding from each paycheck (thus increasing take-home pay), so that by the end of the year one would have $7500 less withheld than the computed tax. That will then be nullified by the $7500 credit for buying a BEV, thus leading to a $0 amount owed when filing.
That makes sense! Thank you.

polzovotel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Pilot
Country flag
I think you are confused.

Why would you think Adaptive Cruise Control & Lane Keep/Centering in the MME would not be as universally available as the similar systems (that comprise autopilot on your Tesla)?

See the links:

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

When is Tesla adding blind spot warning indicators in the mirror where they should be?

Great questions. I am trying to understand if lane centering and ACC is part of the initial release or part of the 3Q 2021 release (that may incur additional charges). I asked Ford and dealer - they were not able to answer as the feature statement in the brochure is ambitious.

I hope we will get it as a basic feature, and what Tesla calls FSD will be provided as optional package in 3Q 2021.

As for Tesla blind spot - what they have is a real joke. 100% agree.
Sponsored