JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
There are a few extra plus points I will give to the Y over the mach-e, in that is has heated rear seats, a 40/20/40 split rear seat and you can lower the seats from the boot / trunk. These really should be on the mach-e.

The c2 mk4 focus has a ski hatch (on certain trims) in the rear section of the 60 split oddly the c2 escape / kuga doesn't there really is no excuses for it to be missing on the escape / kuga let alone the more expensive mach-e as it can be very useful to be able to load in a long item and still retain the outer rear seats. :(.

At least both the focus (again on the certain trims) and escape / kuga have the ability to lower the rear seats from the boot / trunk which from the picture of the reveal models is missing from the mach-e and really should be there at the price point point..

The lack of heated rear seats on an electric vehicle however is a major omission on fords part and really should be rectified ASAP as it means using the cabin heater to warm the rear impacting the range..
Agree - these small features make a big difference in value (at least to me). In my view, the Edge was one of the best combination of features and price when it came out 10 years ago. example - Had reclining rear seats that are still hard to find in midsize SUVs . Ford knows how to do it, they probably had to make some choices we dont align with for the first release of the Mach E.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The lack of heated rear seats on an electric vehicle however is a major omission on fords part and really should be rectified ASAP as it means using the cabin heater to warm the rear impacting the range..
Eh, let the rear seaters suffer. They should feel privileged to be taken somewhere riding in my Mach-E! (Comments apply to adult "rear seaters" only.)

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Visibility tbd but if you have driven MY you know it would be difficult to design a car with worse visibility.

I keep my fob in my pocket at all times and it has never run out of battery or been left behind on the kitchen table. Tesla sells a fob (now after originally saying no) because enough people have been clamoring for it.

If you have used M3 or MY awkward door handles you know that a door that presents at the push of a button is bound to be better.

You will never convince me moving everything to the touch screen is better ergonomically. Tap tap tap tap scroll wheel to adjust the mirrors?

You are confusing auto pilot, enhanced auto pilot & full self driving. Tesla Auto pilot is no more than driving with adaptive cruise in a single lane. Most modern cars including MME offer adaptive cruise control & lane centering within one lane.

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot

Couple clarifications
I've yet to see the rear visibility compared so that's TBD

Key Fob largely unneeded due to how well the Phone as a Key works (including pairing multiples for multiple people)

Wireless Charging is including in all newly built Model 3's and Ys (June build and after on the 3)

Door handles? - Mach E really doesn't have door handles besides the yet to be determined shape of the little hook thing. not sure how you lump that in as a positive here.

Steering wheel controls on the Model 3/Y actually handle all the normal things you need to do on the wheel. Between those and the two stalks you have basically everything you need while driving.

Auto-pilot on the MME is TBD exactly is included standard and on which models. We probably wont know that until closer to launch.

The basic summary without going into things like "grab handles" (come on now) are the Model 3/Y are going to be better in base overall specs (Speed/Range/Charging etc) but the Mach E will have more random "creature comfort" type things and better quality (likely at least). The Model 3/Y are also cheaper for comparable base options now including the Tax credit (with a few exceptions if you want a couple configuration items)

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
Visibility tbd but if you have driven MY you know it would be difficult to design a car with worse visibility.

I keep my fob in my pocket at all times and it has never run out of battery or been left behind on the kitchen table. Tesla sells a fob (now after originally saying no) because enough people have been clamoring for it.

If you have used M3 or MY awkward door handles you know that a door that presents at the push of a button is bound to be better.

You will never convince me moving everything to the touch screen is better ergonomically. Tap tap tap tap scroll wheel to adjust the mirrors?

You are confusing auto pilot, enhanced auto pilot & full self driving. Tesla Auto pilot is no more than driving with adaptive cruise in a single lane. Most modern cars including MME offer adaptive cruise control & lane centering within one lane.

https://www.tesla.com/support/autopilot
None of what you said changed anything I said. I was presenting a counter argument for people that were possibly comparing.

I also don't need your link nor am i confusing anything. I own a car with Autopilot.. I know exactly what it does and doesn't do. I will say that no one on this forum knows exactly what or how well the Mach E does in all trim levels in that aspect. No one here has driven one and the materials provided so far have not been clear exactly what is included in each car. I've tried other cars with adaptive cruise and lane centering and the ones I've tried do not do it anywhere near as well as autopilot. Maybe the MME does... But we don't know what yet and I definitely don't know how that could be put in the pro column for the MME like it was listed.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Eh, let the rear seaters suffer. They should feel privileged to be taken somewhere riding in my Mach-E! (Comments apply to adult "rear seaters" only.)
lol, but what happens for those that sit in the back because they don't lower themselves to the mundane tasks and have a driver, personally I blame the mustang name, design is so used to the back being of little use and forget about it ;).

The mach-e will probably get the missing features when it comes model refresh time but they really should have been there from the start, once marketing decides to use premium in trim names it really has to live up to it.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
lol, but what happens for those that sit in the back because they don't lower themselves to the mundane tasks and have a driver, personally I blame the mustang name, design is so used to the back being of little use and forget about it ;).

The mach-e will probably get the missing features when it comes model refresh time but they really should have been there from the start, once marketing decides to use premium in trim names it really has to live up to it.
Heated rear seats might be nice, for when I attach a weight to the steering wheel and want to take a nap in the back!

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Why do you keep mentioning trim levels? My post referenced ER AWD Premium. And you do seem confused regarding auto pilot even if you own tesla.

Standard on Premium MME:

Ford Co-Pilot360TM Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera
Ford Co-Pilot360TM 2.0: Reverse Brake Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Post-Impact Braking, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Assist with AEB, Lane Keeping System, Rear Camera, Auto High Beams
Ford Co-Pilot360TM Assist 2.0: Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Lane Centering, and Speed Sign Recognition. Evasive Steering Assist. Voice-activated Navigation

See this link:

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...uct/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

[/QUOTE]
I also don't need your link nor am i confusing anything.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why do you keep mentioning trim levels? My post referenced ER AWD Premium. And you do seem confused regarding auto pilot even if you own tesla.

Standard on Premium MME:

Ford Co-Pilot360TM Technology: Active Park Assist 2.0 and 360 Degree Camera
Ford Co-Pilot360TM 2.0: Reverse Brake Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Post-Impact Braking, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Assist with AEB, Lane Keeping System, Rear Camera, Auto High Beams
Ford Co-Pilot360TM Assist 2.0: Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Lane Centering, and Speed Sign Recognition. Evasive Steering Assist. Voice-activated Navigation

See this link:

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf
[/QUOTE]
Not going to get in a debate about a car I own with someone that doesn't own one and have you tell me that i don't understand what it does.

Yet again.. at best the two are similar. At worst (for the MME) autopilot is better (can be used more universally than the Ford system). To put it in the "Pro" column for the MME is very misleading.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you want a red car with white interior, plan on paying nearly $4k more than the $51,100 MSRP w/ destination for a MY outfitted similarly to a ER AWD Premium MME, with many options just not available.

Some Quick MME advantages.

Expected better rear visibility
Paint - cost & quality - Basic white is only cost free color now for Tesla, black now $1k, red $2k
Key Fob included - $150 on Tesla accessories, $300 for two
Automatic Garage door opener - $300 on Tesla accessories
Wireless phone charging - $125 on Tesla accessories
Light interior - Black std in Tesla, $1k for white
Fit and finish - initial quality & service center access
Center vision - speed and other important information
Music - Apple & Android integration
Mirrors - instant button control
Door Handles - have you used M3 or MY
Adjustable head rest
Interior grab handles
Steering Wheel Controls -extensive. Most physical buttons are ergonomic advantage IMO
Auto-pilot [not self driving] - comparable to MME std features, Ford includes self parking.
Looks

Tesla advantages
proprietary SC network + all other chargers with adapter
routing software
heat pump on MY
internet access available during charging - would love to see carplay or ford allow screen sharing
speed/acceleration - nice, but thinking mid 5's will be enough
The MME will have it"s own routing software too

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Good point. Tech improvement could negate price drops for sure. I also wonder if Tesla's price drop will tie into some new reveal on Battery Day, and if they are trying to clear as much inventory as possible. Tesla could be playing that game. Time will tell.
The 800V Rivian battery pack may be able to charge 290 miles of range in 15 minutes
None of what you said changed anything I said. I was presenting a counter argument for people that were possibly comparing.

I also don't need your link nor am i confusing anything. I own a car with Autopilot.. I know exactly what it does and doesn't do. I will say that no one on this forum knows exactly what or how well the Mach E does in all trim levels in that aspect. No one here has driven one and the materials provided so far have not been clear exactly what is included in each car. I've tried other cars with adaptive cruise and lane centering and the ones I've tried do not do it anywhere near as well as autopilot. Maybe the MME does... But we don't know what yet and I definitely don't know how that could be put in the pro column for the MME like it was listed.
Except there has been someone lecturing forum members about a faulty feature in the MME based upon photo(s), computer analysis and personal history.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

There have been video on how the Explorer Co-Pilot Assist systems works , and it looked pretty good to me, and the MME will have an upgraded version of that.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Except there has been someone lecturing forum members about a faulty feature in the MME based upon photo(s), computer analysis and personal history.
Either that is directed at me and I have no idea why or I missed that topic completely lol.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There have been video on how the Explorer system works , and it looked pretty good to me, and the MME will have an upgraded version of that.
I've seen that. It looks good but its still TBD how well it handles sharp curves/exits/ramps etc. That's where the autopilot seems to be a bit more intelligent from what I've seen.

As far as it having an upgraded version, the only thing I've read about upgraded from that is the hands free part. Was there something else you were referring to?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've seen that. It looks good but its still TBD how well it handles sharp curves/exits/ramps etc. That's where the autopilot seems to be a bit more intelligent from what I've seen.

As far as it having an upgraded version, the only thing I've read about upgraded from that is the hands free part. Was there something else you were referring to?
Well if youare upgrading a version it does not mean adding a feature, so I suppose if you go from version 3 to 4 you correct some glitches and you make some others better.
Sponsored