Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So, after several failures, 4.2.6 appeared to install yesterday while parked at the grocery store. This morning, FordPass greeted me with “Update Rescheduled”. It appeared to try to install 4.2.6 AGAIN and failed. So, I have tried multiple times today in various scenarios (long drives, sitting far away from known WiFi networks, etc) and keep getting the “Help us install your new Ford PowerUp” and “update rescheduled” messages. The “update rescheduled” message whines about “certain preconditon(s) not met” but it won’t tell me what conditions weren’t met (yes, I turned off the vehicle, all doors, windows closed, in park, parking brake set, etc.)
Any thoughts? This is getting annoying.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
So, after several failures, 4.2.6 appeared to install yesterday while parked at the grocery store. This morning, FordPass greeted me with “Update Rescheduled”. It appeared to try to install 4.2.6 AGAIN and failed. So, I have tried multiple times today in various scenarios (long drives, sitting far away from known WiFi networks, etc) and keep getting the “Help us install your new Ford PowerUp” and “update rescheduled” messages. The “update rescheduled” message whines about “certain preconditon(s) not met” but it won’t tell me what conditions weren’t met (yes, I turned off the vehicle, all doors, windows closed, in park, parking brake set, etc.)
I had that issue with one of the early updates. Its very frustrating when the car/Ford doesn't tell you what it wants/need to be set.

After a few hours of trying to get it to update I set the time to early AM (like 4 or 5 am) plugged it in and went to bed. That update was successful in the morning??

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I had that issue with one of the early updates. Its very frustrating when the car/Ford doesn't tell you what it wants/need to be set.

After a few hours of trying to get it to update I set the time to early AM (like 4 or 5 am) plugged it in and went to bed. That update was successful in the morning??
Thanks! My normal update time is 1:00 AM. I’m an impatient person though and want my updates NOW! 😀😀😀😀

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Thanks! My normal update time is 1:00 AM. I’m an impatient person though and want my updates NOW! 😀😀😀😀
LOL I hear ya: The "Update Now" button worked for me with both of these latest updates.

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium extended
Country flag

As stated in a previous thread, I have failed and not met pre-conditions or a "process stopped the installation" on this update at least 50 times since last week. Seems to be a pretty major bug. I emailed EAP yesterday and they got back to me saying they will be sending it to the OTA support team. All good, this is what EAP is for.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As stated in a previous thread, I have failed and not met pre-conditions or a "process stopped the installation" on this update at least 50 times since last week. Seems to be a pretty major bug. I emailed EAP yesterday and they got back to me saying they will be sending it to the OTA support team. All good, this is what EAP is for.
Thanks for the idea to each out to EAP! I hadn’t thought of that.

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Maybe a low 12v battery? Mine failed to update 3 times until I decided to charge the car for a few hours before trying again.

ZombieJester

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium extended
Country flag
Maybe a low 12v battery? Mine failed to update 3 times until I decided to charge the car for a few hours before trying again.
For me, I thought so too but I ran the car for 7 hours straight on one test (auto shut off disabled) and it still failed. I have also done around 50 miles a day plus 2-3 fast charges this week so I don't think it's the battery. Not getting any low 12v warnings.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Jim, it kept failing because your 12V battery was low, it was only around 30%. However I see it installed successfully now! What did you do? Were you charging or driving the car for a while last night?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Jim, it kept failing because your 12V battery was low, it was only around 30%. However I see it installed successfully now! What did you do? Were you charging or driving the car for a while last night?
I was thinking it wouldn’t install in his car because the update included a frunk button.

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I am in the same boat -- the update continues to fail to complete, and I have tried multiple times to force it manually, and it also requeues for my scheduled update time each night. It fails with a message saying the update was interrupted by another process. I have a case open, and the OTA team is supposed to get back in touch with me . . .

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks so much @Mach-Lee ! Actually, all I did was plug it into the FCCS (charger) last night. I hadn’t charged in a couple of days and my HV battery was hovering around 75%.
Why would my 12V battery be so low and is there anyway to see the charge level of the 12V battery without FDRS? (I actually thought about breaking down and trying to do my own updates), but then I saw the OBD2 cable alone is about $600! And I’d have to remove the frunk and buy a high-end 12V power supply and … it just feels like too expensive of a process for me to have the opportunity to brick my car 😀

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Why would my 12V battery be so low...
I had this happen to me. I think the LV battery voltage was low as I had the greeting lights on (the pony on the ground) and every time I walked past the car in the house with the Paak in my pocket, it would turn on the greeting lights. Turned those off, charged the LV battery, and all has been well since then.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I had this happen to me. I think the LV battery voltage was low as I had the greeting lights on (the pony on the ground) and every time I walked past the car in the house with the Paak in my pocket, it would turn on the greeting lights. Turned those off, charged the LV battery, and all has been well since then.
Those lights are LEDs. Their current draw is minuscule. The 12V battery would have to be nothing more than a couple of button cells in series if the pony lights are draining it.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
ford really needs to do better on LVB maintenance. LVB pre-charge for updates like this seems to be a good first start.
Sponsored