Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
My Escape requires a 5 digit PIN. I'm not positive, but as I recall, repeating numbers (1-1-1-1-1) are not permitted.
I am making the assumption the keypads are the same across Ford vehicles. For my 2017 Fusion the manual hints that you should not use consecutive or repeating numbers, but they are allowed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Keypad Security Fusion Manual keypad code

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
.... Is there a code to start the car? I've owned Fords with the keypad and on them, entering the code only unlocks the car at most. Maybe the Mach E is different.
One of the review videos I watched (I think it may have been Kyle's review - Out of Spec) showed an option for the owner to enter a PIN for driving access. So, yes, I think there is a code that will allow you to start the car. This seems like a good idea, as those of us who will rely on our phone as a key may have a rare scenario when the phone battery dies as we approach our car. In that case, you have the door keypad to get in and the vehicle start PIN to drive away.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One of the review videos I watched (I think it may have been Kyle's review - Out of Spec) showed an option for the owner to enter a PIN for driving access. So, yes, I think there is a code that will allow you to start the car. This seems like a good idea, as those of us who will rely on our phone as a key may have a rare scenario when the phone battery dies as we approach our car. In that case, you have the door keypad to get in and the vehicle start PIN to drive away.
That's what I originally though VALET mode was. Seemed to make sense that you could just select valet mode on the screen and create a 4-digit code that would auto-expire in 48 hours or something. And you just give that to the valet to both unlock and drive the car (maybe with limited speed and range).

But then I found all valet mode appears to do is lock the screen so that your personal info can't be viewed (contacts, addresses, drive history, etc.).
Sponsored