Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but 'iJustine!' somehow got her hands on a Grabber Blue FE. I think the point of the video is to review the iPhone's Camera, but watching her reaction to the MME is awesome. She loves the car. It's cool to see Generation Z getting into the mix.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If you're looking for a video that does a good job of explaining the infotainment controls and settings, check this review by "Car Coach Reports'. I think it starts around the 16:25 mark. Enjoy.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you're looking for a video that does a good job of explaining the infotainment controls and settings, check this review by "Car Coach Reports'. I think it starts around the 16:25 mark. Enjoy.
Some of the things she said made my cringe. Like how the MME uses permanent magnet batteries instead of cylindrical ones like Tesla.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Some of the things she said made my cringe. Like how the MME uses permanent magnet batteries instead of cylindrical ones like Tesla.
yeah. I gave up after a few minutes when it was obvious she didn't have a firm grasp on the details. This particular sentence was enough for me to stop watching: "and then you've got unbridled, which is the full electric mode". I guess in Whisper and Engaged it runs on fairy dust?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yeah. I gave up after a few minutes when it was obvious she didn't have a firm grasp on the details. This particular sentence was enough for me to stop watching: "and then you've got unbridled, which is the full electric mode". I guess in Whisper and Engaged it runs on fairy dust?
Yeah, that was particularly cringe-worthy too. There were lots of those nuggets sprinkled throughout the video. Maybe she knows a lot about ICE cars, but it’s clear that she doesn’t know much about EVs at all.

Randy E.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KIA Telluride EX 2018 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Occupation
Component Sales
Country flag
If a reviewer can’t explain how a traditional transmission works, then they won’t understand how a BLDC motor works either (there are a few flavors of brushless DC motors, but in the case of vehicles they are AC motors, but the battery packs are DC. Thus, the inverter is KEY to vehicle efficiency, but I digress...).

These types of reviewers merely sit and dive. Do they like it or not? Style and ergonomic folk is about all they can talk to, and when trying to sound clever or deeper than they are, well, that’s when they get into trouble. Know they lane and stay in it.

The second type of reviewer is an engineering inclined, technical person. And while they will talk ride, “feel” and ergonomics, they can go that next level and explain why something is how it is. This second group is hard to find.

Jason Cammisa, formerly of MotorTrend, was one of the few gearheads that could bridge the gap between the two. Really miss him at MT in Head-2-Head.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These types of reviewers merely sit and dive. Do they like it or not? Style and ergonomic folk is about all they can talk to, and when trying to sound clever or deeper than they are, well, that’s when they get into trouble. Know they lane and stay in it.
Right. I don't expect every car reviewer to know all of the engineering behind every car that they drive. But if you don't know something, then don't pretend that you do by making things ups. If you don't know the type of battery, don't say it's a permanent magnet. If you don't know what unbridle mode does, don't say it's the all-electric mode. If you don't know what the X on the side of the car means, don't declare that you're driving the standard range model. For some reason, the endless examples of this in that video really rubbed me the wrong way.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
All I can think is that this guy watches too many cowboy movies. I'm not sure I would classify it as a review, more of an opinion piece based on.. I'm not sure what.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Any of these have Space White? I didn't see that one, maybe missed it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Any of these have Space White? I didn't see that one, maybe missed it.
I'm not sure; is that the white or the slightly gray white?