Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can see that for sure. I guess I am talking about the large percentage of people who don’t build their own PC. Likewise there is a small percentage of people who modify cars to improve their handling, performance etc. same thing. Not looking to get into a Mac pc battle per se but out the door from a store I would take a Mac any day for the reasons I stated. I think the Tesla is exactly like a dell computer, unattractive and more likely to break and/or not last. ?
Lots of 302's around and ford trucks are pretty easy to fix. The analogy was open source to proprietary to me. Dell may build PC, never owned one, but they are not the only source. My 80286 was an IBM clone. It was an interesting analogy and understand views differ. ?
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Lots of 302's around and ford trucks are pretty easy to fix. The analogy was open source to proprietary to me. Dell may build PC, never owned one, but they are not the only source. My 80286 was an IBM clone. It was an interesting analogy and understand views differ. ?
Yeah thanks and I am in a bit over my head in the analogy. It is not pure in a sense because the tech of Tesla is obviously very good if not great. And I am super biased about apple but I do understand the benefits of a more open source system versus apples closed system. My son is a gamer and of course he is using a gaming PC. I will say he and his brother are quite excited about the MME

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the analogy of one reviewer that the MME is the PC to Tesla's Mac ?. Hoping that pans out.
So do I. That's the exact analogy I think of for Tesla (Mac) vs the others (PC). Or similarly, iOS vs Android.

Especially for the charging networks. Tesla has their own proprietary one (like Mac) while everyone else uses a shared standard (like Windows).

I've always been an Android and Windows person, not Apple proprietary, so Ford over Tesla is another comfortable fit for me. I also expect the CCS charging network to overtake Tesla's soon and leave it in the rearview mirror as tons of new CCS BEVs from a variety of manufacturers hit the road in the US starting in 2021.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So do I. That's the exact analogy I think of for Tesla (Mac) vs the others (PC). Or similarly, iOS vs Android.

Especially for the charging networks. Tesla has their own proprietary one (like Mac) while everyone else uses a shared standard (like Windows).

I've always been an Android and Windows person, not Apple proprietary, so Ford over Tesla is another comfortable fit for me. I also expect the CCS charging network to overtake Tesla's soon and leave it in the rearview mirror as tons of new CCS BEVs from a variety of manufacturers hit the road in the US starting in 2021.
Who says the old boyz don't know tech ;). Best in 2021.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They had me until:

“Ford gives two years of free supercharging with purchase.”

and

“Owners will undoubtedly want to call in an electrician to get superchargers installed at home but that’s true of almost every EV on the market.”

:rolleyes:
I had a heck of a time trying to get my service up graded when installing a 50 amp outlet. I can imagine what I would need to do to get a transformer for a 150 KW super charger. Maybe I can start selling it?

Zandje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat GTE, MME AWD TP+ Lucid Red (2021)
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://www.tu.no/artikler/vinterte...vaert-lovende-start-pa-tidenes-elbilar/505337

One of most extensive reviews from Norway including charging curve at cold temperature. Appears MME is not (yet) preconditioning battery before charging leading to ramp up in first part of charging session.
Good article. Reinforces the same problems seen in others, especially charging. But hopefully those improve. Overall quite positive if they get those things fixed.

Pretty serious losses in cold weather though, especially from the cabin heater. Consistent with other BEVs, but wow, newbies are gonna be shocked at losing 20%-30% range in cold weather.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Good article. Reinforces the same problems seen in others, especially charging. But hopefully those improve. Overall quite positive if they get those things fixed.

Pretty serious losses in cold weather though, especially from the cabin heater. Consistent with other BEVs, but wow, newbies are gonna be shocked at losing 20%-30% range in cold weather.
I have always wondered if you are driving for a bit do the motors and batteries get warm? Can they provide engine heat?
Sponsored