Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
If anyone has any questions about the video or the Mach-E, just ask. @Liv and I are both on here.

And we are each working on follow up videos to this first one.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Great video here.

Patrick: When you tried out lane keep assist, did you find it bouncing from one side of the lane to the other? Or was it true lane centering which tried to keep you in the center of the lane without all the bouncing?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Breaks are very touchy for sure, I learned that very quickly when I left the dealer for the first time.

Touchy good, this thing is going to stop quickly!!!

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Patrick: When you tried out lane keep assist, did you find it bouncing from one side of the lane to the other? Or was it true lane centering which tried to keep you in the center of the lane without all the bouncing?
When I had the Intelligent Cruise Control on with Lane Centering, it felt like true lane centering and was very smooth. I have some video from Day 2 that I think shows that better. I'm editing right now and should have it out in the morning if all goes well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Touchy good, this thing is going to stop quickly!!!
The great brakes are one of the many things I love about my Mustang convertible. Once I was approaching an intersection that had a stack of cars in the left turn lanes (next to me and the opposing traffic). Just as I was getting to the intersection at 40MPH a car in the opposing turn lane pulled into the intersection right in front of me. I have no idea what the actual distance was, but it felt like when I jammed on my brakes my car stopped in less than 40 feet. I came to within a couple of feet of his right rear quarter panel as he continued to make his turn - I don't know if he ever even saw me. If I was in my wife's durango it would have pushed the other guys' car through the intersection and beyond before coming to a stop.

My wife likes her durango because she feels safe in a crash; I love my pony because she can avoid HAVING the accident. I hope the MME has the same kind of responsiveness, but I don't think it will with the extra weight.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
is it me, but does anyone feel the lane centering seems to put the car a bit more towards the passenger side of the lane than center?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
is it me, but does anyone feel the lane centering seems to put the car a bit more towards the passenger side of the lane than center?
I've always thought this with Fords lane centering. However, It really just feels like that. If you sit on the passenger side you realize its more centered in the lane than you realize from the drivers side.

With my previous cars with it, I did notice that when I first turn it on, it wants to really hug the line, but if I let go, and it gets close enough to move back to the center, it then stays more centered. I haven't had to do that with the Mach E yet.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The manual states that You can set the “center “ of the lane to wherever you want.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
When I had the Intelligent Cruise Control on with Lane Centering, it felt like true lane centering and was very smooth. I have some video from Day 2 that I think shows that better. I'm editing right now and should have it out in the morning if all goes well.
Just saw part 2: Excellent.
Sponsored