Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Glowing preview by Consumer Reports:

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-review/

"We are thoroughly impressed with the Mach-E. It is quick, agile, quiet, and fun to drive. Like all EVs, its power comes on smoothly and without delay. With a robust range of more than 250 miles, it’s an EV that many people can use every day. "

This article is CRs 'initial assessment' based on a rental as they waiting for their car. Overall it's very positive. They especially liked Power, Handling, Quietness, Interior, Seat comfort, Displays.

They did not like opening rear hatch 'opening' (but missed that they could open with a foot swipe so they are in error on this point)
Break pedal feel
Standard version range of 230
Charging over 240 plug (but did say all EVs are slow charging over 240).

Pretty glowing for CR and unpexpected after their takedown of Tesla recently.

I would post the entire article but don't know what the legal ramifications are. I assume posting highlights is ok?
They're not really in error about opening the rear hatch since they specifically referred to opening it from the driver seat as is often needed during the current pandemic.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Gitlin is kind of awful as far as car reviews go - his reviews are kind of worthless in any meaningful way, but at least this one is approaching the level of an actual review. I normally skip whatever he writes but this one I read out of morbid curiosity.

as one example of what's broken in this review - he complains about understeer (which is a common Mustang trait - even Consumer Reports correctly pointed this out!) while at the same time clearly being in the "nOt a MuStAnG" crowd.

There's also the "teething problems" bit while being yet another review that completely ignores the overall end-to-end quality fail that is a Tesla.

then there total nonsense like this on a picture caption:

"There's no onboard heat pump, so if you want to heat the entire cabin it will cost you energy."

apparently ventilation fans run on free energy from space lasers or something. (I know he meant to say more energy in that "heat pumps always work spectacularly in all temperatures just ignore that electric heating element that's always there as well" way... but it shows a lack of attention to basic thought or detail.)

so... yeah.
Sponsored