Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
The 2 clicks between compression and rebound stated to me through email correspondence with KW.

Here is a video explaining compression and rebound. I can’t explain it any better than this.

Awesome. Thanks. I will probably want feedback on ride after a bit. Thanks again.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
did You have to lift the car to change the top settings?
For fronts, I removed the cowl cover to adjust compression, and turned front wheels to full lock left and right to adjust rebound.

For rear, I did one side at a time. I lifted the car with a floor jack until the tire was barely off the ground. I removed the rear shock mount cap, adjusted compression, reinstalled cap and lowered. Rebound can be adjusted by reaching around the rear of the back wheels. You can also do this while the jack is lifting the car - it will definitely be easier that way.

I was done in 30 minutes, start to finish.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For fronts, I removed the cowl cover to adjust compression, and turned front wheels to full lock left and right to adjust rebound.

For rear, I did one side at a time. I lifted the car with a floor jack until the tire was barely off the ground. I removed the rear shock mount cap, adjusted compression, reinstalled cap and lowered. Rebound can be adjusted by reaching around the rear of the back wheels. You can also do this while the jack is lifting the car - it will definitely be easier that way.
I really wish those adjustments were easier, like automatic, I don’t have a floor jack.

I would start with your adjustments but I have 4 WD, I suppose the extra drive on the front wheels wouldn’t make that much of a difference.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I really wish those adjustments were easier, like automatic, I don’t have a floor jack.

I would start with your adjustments but I have 4 WD, I suppose the extra drive on the front wheels wouldn’t make that much of a difference.
Have any friends with a 3T jack? It’s a quick process. I borrowed a jack myself, but I’ll end up getting a Pro Eagle so I can use it on the Mach-E and Rivian.

Also, I would add +1 to all the numbers for an AWD ER.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have any friends with a 3T jack? It’s a quick process. I borrowed a jack myself, but I’ll end up getting a Pro Eagle so I can use it on the Mach-E and Rivian.

Also, I would add +1 to all the numbers for an AWD ER.
Does that make it softer? So your 12 becomes 13, which is 13 clicks from stiffest?

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
I got mine back yesterday - finally
Ford Mustang Mach-E KW V3 Coilover Suspension Released for Mach-E C3PO_01

Rims: Schmidt Drago Hellcat 9Jx20H2 +42
Tyres: HANKOOK H750A 255/45ZR20 105W XL Kinergy 4S 2 SUV FR
KW V3 Coilover still on default factory settings for RWD
Ford Mustang Mach-E KW V3 Coilover Suspension Released for Mach-E C3PO_02
Ford Mustang Mach-E KW V3 Coilover Suspension Released for Mach-E C3PO_03
Ford Mustang Mach-E KW V3 Coilover Suspension Released for Mach-E C3PO_04

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
The vendor used for the group buy has a great relationship with the US-market KW rep, and the only reason they claim AWD compatibility is because that's the only model the were able to obtain for design and fitment confirmation. We were told as soon as they have a RWD model available for fitment confirmation, they will update the compatibility report.
now they have - i got my RWD back from the tuner yesterday, with the V3 from KW :cool:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TL;DR, yes softer settings. On the KW adjustments, when adjusting towards "-", this provides a stiffer, more rigid feel. When adjusting towards "+", this provides a softer, more dampened feel. All KW set points are # clicks from full stiff. The recommend way to adjust is to turn the knobs to full stiff, then count # clicks desired, towards softer settings.

Once installed the first few days the suspension felt very soft and comfortable, exactly what I wanted to feel. After the shocks and springs had settled, that soft feeling retracted but did NOT feel uncomfortable. The noticed jarring and bounciness exhibited by many was no longer present. It just felt like a stiff set of coilovers.

As soon as I made the noted adjustments, I found that familiar "fresh install" feeling to have returned. The Mach-E now feels more comfortable, yet controlled on most road conditions. My spouse knows cars and suspension feels and she also exhibited a very similar reaction to the adjustment, even after not telling her what I did. So it goes to show that any potential of bias and placebo is out the window, regarding my confirmations.
I just looked at the instructions for the Coilovers and found this

The click directions are labeled with (+) harder and (-) softer on the adjustment wheel.

you mentioned (-) is stiffer above. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

sorry to be a pain, just want to understand.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I just looked at the instructions for the Coilovers and found this

The click directions are labeled with (+) harder and (-) softer on the adjustment wheel.

you mentioned (-) is stiffer above. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

sorry to be a pain, just want to understand.
Not a pain. You caught a documentation error on my part, and are correct. I updated my previous post.

“+” = stiffer
“-“ = softer

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
now they have - i got my RWD back from the tuner yesterday, with the V3 from KW :cool:
Is the tuner KW direct? If not, that’s not what I’m talking about. KW themselves didn’t have a RWD to analyze, only an AWD.

I also have a RWD, where coils were installed a month ago.

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
Is the tuner KW direct? If not, that’s not what I’m talking about. KW themselves didn’t have a RWD to analyze, only an AWD.

I also have a RWD, where coils were installed a month ago.
the tuner is a certified dealer. they took pics, measurements, etc upfront. KW apparently decided to do the techical licencing process for Germany. Coils AWD and RWD are apparentyl identical. Settings a bit different due to the weight difference. But thats something for the Computersimulations ;-)

Last edited:

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
@connoisseurr did you do the wheel alignment as well? How many miles after the soft settings?

I haven't tuned mine since the first install.

If any AWD owners have tuned theirs, will appreciate their settings

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
@connoisseurr did you do the wheel alignment as well? How many miles after the soft settings?

I haven't tuned mine since the first install.

If any AWD owners have tuned theirs, will appreciate their settings
Alignment was done at 600 miles after the installation was performed. Then another 400 miles were put on the car. I made settings changes about 200 miles ago. Very happy with the end result.

KyleCleave

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select, DMG
Country flag
Would you say this solves the suspension issues or just lessens it? I am interested in a set but I want a much softer ride.
Sponsored