Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
You're assuming everyone who's contemplating getting these bought a GT?
Well no, but the third comment of this thread is literally someone asking about the bounciness of their GT

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well no, but the third comment of this thread is literally someone asking about the bounciness of their GT
GT here, but it is not a $3,000 problem, IMO. It is maybe a $1,000 problem. While I am definitely interested in the outcome and how these coilovers perform, I do not plan to spend $3,000.

SFenton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Definitely watching this! Very excited to see how these perform- particularly if you get them on a Premium.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I'm sorry but reading through this thread I couldn't help but think this...

1650395320645.png
This reads like it came from someone who has never owned a nice set of coil-overs before.

Also this assumes that everyone actually wants magnaride. I SPECIFICALLY bought the standard GT to avoid getting magnaride, the worse looking silver interior... and I can't really put a price on avoiding that interior. I now have $5000+ in my pocket to put towards a setup that I have a higher chance of being happy with.

Finally, it's my opinion that the GT doesn't sit low enough and even before purchasing, I have had every intention to drop the car a mild amount.

Having options is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
GT here, but it is not a $3,000 problem, IMO. It is maybe a $1,000 problem. While I am definitely interested in the outcome and how these coilovers perform, I do not plan to spend $3,000.
With coilovers, you get what you pay for. $1k coilovers are the scourge enjoyed most by stanced Civic owners. For $3k, you're in Ohlins/KW category, and are worth every penny.

Now if you are looking for a true $1k solution, then keep an eye out for Bilstein (B6/B8s) or Koni FSDs (or Yellow if you some want adjustability). FSDs are the route I would take (and currently Koni offers them for everything up to an F450).

This reads like it came from someone who has never owned a nice set of coil-overs before.
Don't worry. Once GT-PE owners see the replacement cost for Magneride shocks, they'll be coilover converts all of a sudden.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Don't worry. Once GT-PE owners see the replacement cost for Magneride shocks, they'll be coilover converts all of a sudden.
Yep. Replacement cost for the magnaride shocks and the hotdog seats are why I chose the base GT.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
$1k coilovers are the scourge enjoyed most by stanced Civic owners.
Heh, ala Ground Control COs or cutting their springs! 😆

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Now if you are looking for a true $1k solution, then keep an eye out for Bilstein (B6/B8s) or Koni FSDs (or Yellow if you some want adjustability). FSDs are the route I would take (and currently Koni offers them for everything up to an F450).
This looks like exactly what is needed to resolve most of the complaints I have seen posted here, even mine.

https://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAmerica/Products/Cars/FSD-(80)/

I guess it takes a year or two before a new model has a product that fits?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
This looks like exactly what is needed to resolve most of the complaints I have seen posted here, even mine.

https://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAmerica/Products/Cars/FSD-(80)/

I guess it takes a year or two before a new model has a product that fits?
Yeah, this would be a nice mid-priced option. I'm holding out for a few more options, though if the KW coilovers are good then that helps set a bar for the market. My hope is that there will be a few things available for next summer, and I can swap something in when I do my winter/summer tire swap in '23. The ride right now isn't terrible for me (I actually think it is pretty good on all but a few concrete roads), but a little better damping control would be nice, and I'd pay in the $1500-$2000 parts-only range for it.

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
With coilovers, you get what you pay for. $1k coilovers are the scourge enjoyed most by stanced Civic owners. For $3k, you're in Ohlins/KW category, and are worth every penny.
If Ohlins were to offer a coilover for the MME, that would be the ticket. Wonderful product!

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
very cool @taikajim

Tell us more!
I mentioned this in the other thread;

For what it’s worth, I got the KW’s installed, and running them on defaults has helped with the pitching motion, a lot.

The problem with the car is ”over-suspended under-dampened”, meaning the car exhibits a firm posture with the slight increase of harshness, with the inability to control the mass resting on the springs.

It’s really hard to quantify the change, and the best I came up with is a container of liquid on the dash (handsanitizer in a clear bottle). Before the coilovers, the liquid was moving constantly along the length axis as the increased pitching suggests it would. After the install, the liquid is much calmer, often remaining stable on stretches of highways that were problematic before.

And as a subjective opinion, every aspect of the ride has improved. It still retains the same firmness, but now feels slightly more capable of absorbing the small bounces with increased grace.

And most importantly, I no longer get motion sickness.
What else would you like to know?

Ford Mustang Mach-E KW V3 Coilover Suspension Released for Mach-E IMG_A1D16E77AF89-1

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
What else would you like to know?
Very cool! Here are a few questions...
  1. How much lower is the kit in the "default" settings you are using now?
  2. Do you/kW have the sense that there is a lot of improvement to be made by adjusting the settings, or will those just be tiny tweaks?
  3. Any installation challenges or difficulties that would be worth pointing out that might be different from a "normal" coilover install?
  4. In your personal opinion - was it worth it?
Sponsored