Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Word of warning: Anyone who does coilovers needs to get intimately familiar with suspension tuning. Seek out sites with articles/posts by current/former chassis engineers. You can literally wreck your ride by screwing up your bound/rebound damping rates and lowering too much. If they aren’t MME model specific coilovers don’t even bother, Ford did it better.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Parts approval sheet states specifically for Mach-E. It's the real deal. KW V3 is the ideal sort of quality coilover kit we could have asked for. It's pretty hard to wreck the ride when based on height, which isn't hard to hit, you just keep playing with the adjustments until you're happy. Don't screw around with preloading springs more than the typical 5mm. A quality coilover's valving adjustment range isn't going to let you get too far out of range to ruin the ride. It'll be bouncy, or it will be harsh... you just find the happy medium. Just get height correct the first time and make sure you're good with it before your alignment. Max height is .8" lower than premium, so it should be right around the GT's height. Set it at max to make it easy. Done. Get alignment, done. Set damping and rebound to full soft and stiffen one or two notches at a time until you're happy. Do each individually understanding you'll need to go find a spot that is the problem area for both, separately.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The other day I was following a Tesla M3 and saw it visibly bouncing as it went over bumps. My GT did not.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The other day I was following a Tesla M3 and saw it visibly bouncing as it went over bumps. My GT did not.
It has a considerably shorter wheelbase so it should be more bouncy, however it's lighter so it could feel less bouncy to the occupants

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Agreed. I bought the GT instead of the GTPE specifically because I wanted a coilover setup and I perferred the trim on the GT over the GTPE. The aftermarket is making me a happy camper and I will be shelling out the cash for these or another setup once there's some reviews and/or better documentation.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Well, placed an order. No confirmation, so I guess the set doesn't exist yet. 8+ weeks minimum.

For reference, I'm one of those people who can't ride passenger due to getting motion sickness from the pitching motion (using marine terms).

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well, placed an order. No confirmation, so I guess the set doesn't exist yet. 8+ weeks minimum.

For reference, I'm one of those people who can't ride passenger due to getting motion sickness from the pitching motion (using marine terms).
Please keep us up to date and share your experience when it is done! Many will be interested.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag

Nice.... I'll also probably be purchasing this kit in the near future because my wife refuses to ride in my car for any long distance due to the pitching motion. I also look forward to your update after installation.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I would be interested in what it does to each model in driving difference. He has an EXAWD, but the GT's drive a bit different with firmer springs and being slightly lower. So how much does it improve each model over their previous set up if others do it would be interesting feedback.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
3 grand is a bit rich for my blood. Calling @markboris , if you own a Select, and don't mind the bounce (it's slightly annoying but not a deal breaker, I don't get sick) would replacing coils with the GT type probably be sufficient? I understand some people are looking for the best solution, I'm just looking for inexpensive modest improvement.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
For those who have ordered, I await your experience and feedback. I’ll definitely be interested in a set for my new MY22. I would be able to get a group buy setup, for those who are interested.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This is awesome! For the 1-2 folks that have ordered and they (or their significant other) find the ride unbearably bouncy today, I really look forward to your review! I am getting pretty desperate for a more comfortable ride after the past year with this car.
Sponsored