Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Info shared elsewhere on this forum indicates that you will be privately offered a rebate by Ford, to be redeemed against the purchase of a 2023 model of your choosing. Assuming your 2022 does not get scheduled, you would enter a new order for 2023 and use the rebate to lower the price.
I also heard that if you do this, you’ll lose your locked in APR from time of order. Because your time of order will be 8/30/2022.
Sponsored

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
Can you share the names of the dealerships that are taking orders?
As further data, I actually maintain a spreadsheet of orders for Kia Sorentos for another forum (similar to, but much smaller than, the one maintained here) for tracking. The most recent order accepted date was August 19th, which was less than 2 weeks ago. And there were others placed every month of this year, all over the country, for both the PHEV and ICE versions. Many at MSRP (but some dealers required agreement for some dealer add-ons), some with ADM.

ETA: Here is a similar sheet of EV6 orders, many confirmed in August, from yet another forum.

Kia seems to be taking orders just fine.

Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As further data, I actually maintain a spreadsheet of orders for Kia Sorentos for another forum (similar to, but much smaller than, the one maintained here) for tracking. The most recent order accepted date was August 19th, which was less than 2 weeks ago. And there were others placed every month of this year, all over the country, for both the PHEV and ICE versions. Many at MSRP (but some dealers required agreement for some dealer add-ons), some with ADM.

ETA: Here is a similar sheet of EV6 orders, many confirmed in August, from yet another forum.

Kia seems to be taking orders just fine.
The issue with your link is that there is no ADM information. As far as we know, these customers were allowed to order because they were willing to pay $10,000 in added markup.

So I have been using:

https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/7a243d54-2a8d-44f3-a405-ce2a509c1c07/page/3KHiC

And if you do a search for Kia EV6 and Hyundai IONIQ 5 in *all* of the United States, and sort by $0 ADM, out of the thousands of entries, you will notice that the most recent reports of $0 ADM is in May 2022. The dealerships that are selling without a markup, that's more recent than May, refuses to sell to outside buyers.

The data speaks for itself.

Last edited:

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The issue with your link is that there is no ADM information. As far as we know, these customers were allowed to order because they were willing to pay $10,000 in added markup.

So I have been using:

https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/7a243d54-2a8d-44f3-a405-ce2a509c1c07/page/3KHiC

And if you do a search for Kia EV6 and Hyundai IONIQ 5 in *all* of the United States, and sort by $0 ADM, out of the thousands of entries, you will notice that the most recent reports of $0 ADM is in May 2022. The dealerships that are selling without a markup, that's more recent than May, refuses to sell to outside buyers.

That's a cool visualization. I don't know where your data comes from though. I can tell you a number of Sorento PHEV deals closed with no ADM in recent months. I don't track the EV6's.

In any case, to be clear, what I was responding to was you saying Kia dealers (or Korean brands generally) were not taking orders at all. That is just not the case. It was that statement that caught my eye.

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
I went to my Kia in Chula Vista and they would not "order" a car, but you could put a deposit down on one they had coming in. It might be the specific car?
I was not really looking so I didn't press them on it.

Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a cool visualization. I don't know where your data comes from though. I can tell you a number of Sorento PHEV deals closed with no ADM in recent months. I don't track the EV6's.

In any case, to be clear, what I was responding to was you saying Kia dealers (or Korean brands generally) were not taking orders at all. That is just not the case. It was that statement that caught my eye.
Apparently it is the case at KIA Chula Vista, and many others as shown in my link.

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to my Kia in Chula Vista and they would not "order" a car, but you could put a deposit down on one they had coming in. It might be the specific car?
I was not really looking so I didn't press them on it.
Apparently it is the case at KIA Chula Vista, and many others as shown in my link.
Sorry you all are having those issues. Lots of Kia dealers taking orders though. I am sure it depends on the exact vehicle and the timing - they are in transition between model years right now so there might be some brief pauses. But you can see there are thousands of reports of people having successfully ordered them this year, just in the small slice of society that hangs around these forums. EV6's are the hot item of course so lots of ADM going on, but not always. Here is the Sorento PHEV data - mostly MSRP (but that model is mid-transition so they are not taking official orders temporarily).

Anyway, this is a Ford forum, not Kia. Just wanted people to clarify that, barring some exceptions like for model year turnover, dealers are still taking orders.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
My 2022 MME X-Plan discount was $712, plus another $600 in savings from the capped $100 doc fee, for a total discount of $1,312.

Really disappointing to see that X-Plan is no longer accepted.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Honestly you should look at the Kia EV6 Wind AWD with tech package, plenty of features, fast charging, great range, etc, all for cheaper. Plus better warranty
It doesn’t qualify for FTC right.

athomas43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Unfortunately no. I think the original person was expecting a 70k bill for the Mach E though, which, even with the tax credit, wouldn’t be as worth the EV6. Though, from my own understanding, I don’t fully understand how the awd mach e would have that price tag

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Maybe I was using the Korean brands more tightly and really, in this dicsussion/forum, I'm only talking about the pure electric cars from them.

From other forums I follow, I notice that the Korean brands are just very hard to get at MSRP without any type/form of markup (again, I only refer to pure BEV/battery electric vehicles). What some dealers do is say "NO ADM!!!!", then tack on dealer add-ons for $2k+ which to me, is just the same thing.

I don't think any of us really cares about the Sorento PHEV so to me, that's irrelevant (and I don't mean that in any mean way neither so I hope you don't take it as such). Just that it's not a valid comparison with a pure BEV like the MME.

I briefly looked through some Kia threads and I'm sure they do exist as well, probably more for the EV6 vs. the Ioniq5, but they are the minority like those 2 dealerships in the bay area that won't charge a mark up on an in stock lot vehicle. Come to Southern Cal with a lot more dealerships or Hawaii and you will not find a single one with an on the lot in-stock car without a markup in recent times.

Edit: I looked at that website more and it's funny how some of the $0 mark ups have things put by possibly the dealerships themselves or it's always some add-ons. Doesn't seem it's likely to find pure MSRP pricing. I think 2023 prices will go up so we can see if the EV6 will be that great of a price in 2023.

(for the Ioniq 5):
Currently taking reservations for 2023 Ioniq 5. Expect to get them within 6 months if not earlier. No mark up on any trim but about $2100 in add ons. To reserve you need to provide a copy of drivers license, insurance, a quick credit application on their website (they won’t run it till the car is on the lot or if you come in with outside finding when the car arrives they won’t run it), and $1k deposit. Andrew Enriquez was very helpful and didn’t pressure us at all.

Sells at MSRP but approx. $6K dealer add on protection package across all trims

04/24 email - MSRP + $6,148 Accessories + Tax &License

Claims to sell at MSRP + $2,085 dealer add-ons (lo-jack, door edge guards, and etch). They wouldn't budge on decreasing dealer add-on price despite agreeing to remove lo-jack after being firm about it. Internet manager says dealer add-ons are non-negotiable and are applied to all EV's. Requires refundable $1k deposit for preference waitlist of 4-6 months out

7/1 $2999 protection plan on all EV and hybrids (GPS Location Recovery and windshield protection)

(Kia)
5/10 went to dublin kia booked with MSRP + 1500 dealer color/interior protection plan. Car seems to be arriving soon. I suggest to go to this dealer and talk rather than calling and trying. Maximus is a good guy. I see they are honest.

msrp but 2700 dealer add ons required (paint protection, other)

Bought Kia ev6 gtline , with MSRP + paint protection ($ 1495) . Tried hard to avoid the paint protection but it’s indeed must. They have too many cars coming along and ready to bought . Over all good experience

Last edited:

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

So I have been using:

Cool site, will have to use it for future stuff if they keep it updated.

max8176

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
May be a stupid question but if I put in an order now there's no requirement to purchase and I can back out, right?

Sumofty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer
Country flag
May be a stupid question but if I put in an order now there's no requirement to purchase and I can back out, right?
Yes. I've done it before like 1.5 years ago. To cancel I did have to call the dealer it was scheduled to and they gave me no probs.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The refundability of your deposit is up to your dealer. You should confirm with them before placing an order.
Sponsored