Liftgate / fob unlock - issue or by design?

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Car has been locked overnight...

I load my work equipment into the trunk (fob in proximity, button latch opener on liftgate), close the lift gate (button on liftgate) then find that regular door on vehicle button, driver's door, will not work (fob still within 2' of door). I have to use unlock button on fob to unlock door.

I have actually read manual and don't find reference to this so is it a feature or a bug?
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is not a bug. Just because you open the trunk/liftgate doesn't mean the doors unlock.

It would be convenient, but it is not in issue.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That is not a bug. Just because you open the trunk/liftgate doesn't mean the doors unlock.

True, but if the fob is in proximity you should only have to press the door button to open.

Make sure your body is not in between the door and the fob, blocking the signal.

OP
OP

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Country flag

True, but if the fob is in proximity you should only have to press the door button to open.

Make sure your body is not in between the door and the fob, blocking the signal.
Nothing different in proximity or direct line to fob. I can have it directly adjacent to door button... no joy.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing different in proximity or direct line to fob. I can have it directly adjacent to door button... no joy.
Sometime I just hold my finger on the door button for a few seconds and it unlocks. Kind of like telling the car "Yes, I really do want to open this door too."

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If your car was built before July 2021 and you had the 21P22 update applied then it should work.

Or like @TruWrecks said. Press the button more, lol.

OP
OP

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Country flag
If your car was built before July 2021 and you had the 21P22 update applied then it should work.

Or like @TruWrecks said. Press the button more, lol.
Built 09 2021 ... so far no amount of pushing button does the trick.

OP
OP

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Country flag
Sometime I just hold my finger on the door button for a few seconds and it unlocks. Kind of like telling the car "Yes, I really do want to open this door too."
Will try this. Thanks

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Will try this. Thanks
For shits and giggles - try the back door if the driver door doesn’t open right away.

Mine was in this odd loop for a while; opening the rear door popped open the front door as well. That felt like a bug/issue. It’s since cleared up after a 12V disconnect/connect.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I load my work equipment into the trunk (fob in proximity, button latch opener on liftgate), close the lift gate (button on liftgate) then find that regular door on vehicle button, driver's door, will not work (fob still within 2' of door). I have to use unlock button on fob to unlock door.

I have actually read manual and don't find reference to this so is it a feature or a bug?
Sounds like a software bug to me.
I do this everyday except I use kick to open but all else is the same. Fob in pocket the entire time. Passenger doors open on first press every time.
I believe your car should function the same as mine.

guruguhams

First Name
goku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e AWD - First Edition
I faced a similar issue. I closed the liftgate and tried to unlock the car by pressing the open door button. The car wouldn't unlock and I had to manually press the unlock button on my key fob.
I had the key fob in my hand while tryin to open the door as well.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello! Can you privately message us your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll look into this liftgate concern on my end. Thanks!

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Lots of bugs with the MME. Stuff just randomly decides not to work properly. Mines been in the shop three times in six months for issues. I still have two recalls that should be performed. Major disappointment with the software, Ford incompetence at providing fixes and tech that does not work like designed or promised.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I often have to press and hold a door open request button in order to open a door. Usually it’s a matter of 3-5 seconds. It doesn’t happen often. ?‍♂?

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
This happens to me on occasion too. I seem to have success when I do one of these things:
  • Press the driver door button before the tailgate finishes closing and the mirrors fold
  • Hold the button down for a few seconds and wait for the car to come to its senses
(I have a Job 2 vehicle, Oct/Nov build, so it should be up to date.)
Sponsored