Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The previous Chairman, Akio Toyoda, was about as anti-EV as a leader in the auto industry can get. He retired at the end of last month. We shall see how former Lexus number 1 Tojo Sato does in this role. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Yep, Akio is a racer, runs the Nurburgring 24 hrs even (‘09 iirc). He races under the pseudonym Morizo Kinoshita. Hence the new GR Corolla Morizo edition with an x-brace instead of a back seat. 😂 Imagine buying a 300hp turbo I3 Corolla 5 door hatch with no back seat haha.

dtonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler 300s, Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I will keep harping on this wherever I can, but @Ford Motor Company really, really needs to fix this lousy charging curve. I honestly don't see why they're not maintaining at least 90+kW deeper into the pack. That, and yes - PLEASE add charging details when plugged in. We aren't afraid numbers, I promise you @Ford Motor Company.

This is my version of @Jimrpa's frunk release 😂 (whose pain I also feel because I'm also a Job 1 owner).
We are not afraid of numbers...but maybe Ford is...

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Charge times would be helpful
They would be, yes. I updated the table with data where I have it. Unfortunately several of my charge sessions weren't recorded in their respective apps. I don't have the time right now to go through my CarScanner data to get the data from those sessions.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For range in my GT I usually tell people that during the winter months I feel comfortable driving 180 miles and during the summer probably 225. I don't get into if I were doing a long trip and how low I would take the battery or the stop and charge limit as those numbers would end up being lower.
I am 240 miles 100% range in the summer but up here 80 to 10% can get you less than 100 miles at 70 mph in the winter (-10F). With chargers spaced at 110 miles apart that's not the greatest. Below -10F you should pretty much forget trying and I would get it up to 90% before taking off at -10F. Lack of charger problem maybe but still the math up here. Range and charging speed both matter.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I do not know why @Mach-E VLOG has not posted this, although they released a lot of videos recently about the 2023 California Route 1 they are reviewing. The video is great for showing atypical DCFC session with the Mach-E.

I usually recharge on road trips when I get down to 20%, so the sessions for my 2021 ER RWD Premium are shorter than shown (35 to 40 minutes).

Did they say .67 cents kWh at home?? I think I'd be stealing power from everywhere.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I think Toyota has a history of being (overly) cautious from an engineering/technology perspective. They are always a generation behind. A perfect example is their trucks - they just did a refresh for 2022, but before that the Tundra had specs (horsepower, mileage, towing, 6-speed transmission, etc..) that other makes had 10 years ago. The current Tacoma is worse, basically early/mid 2000s tech.
Even with the old tech, people still buy them in good number too! 🤷‍♂️:confused:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Did they say .67 cents kWh at home?? I think I'd be stealing power from everywhere.
Yep. And it can even be worse depending on which plan you are on.

Here's another example:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Longest Range Mustang Mach-E Charging Test | 10-80% 01415882-0B9C-4E10-BE5F-6625957C7FAA

That's why so many people decide to just use Electric America or even the more expensive EVgo stations in the area.

We just got our solar panels installed. Hopefully we sized it large enough that we will have $0 electricity bill.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I will keep harping on this wherever I can, but @Ford Motor Company really, really needs to fix this lousy charging curve. I honestly don't see why they're not maintaining at least 90+kW deeper into the pack. That, and yes - PLEASE add charging details when plugged in. We aren't afraid numbers, I promise you @Ford Motor Company.

This is my version of @Jimrpa's frunk release 😂 (whose pain I also feel because I'm also a Job 1 owner).
I support you in this quest! My speculation is that Ford “thinks” the average consumer wouldn’t “understand the numbers” and thus, doesn’t want to commit resources to developing the software to expose them. Additionally, I think the “conservative” charge curve is another artifact of very conservative decisions taken during the initial design of the Mustang Mach e.

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
Here in Niagara ON I have a single tier plan for hydro and I pay, after all the fees and tax $0.196 (call it 20 cents per kWh). I could get it a fair bit lower with a multi-tier plan and charging only at night, but then I would pay $0.38 or so during the afternoon and evening when I actually use the electricity, so for my lifestyle, the single tier is best. These prices are and Canadian dollars so take 25% off to get an approx US cost.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Even with the old tech, people still buy them in good number too! 🤷‍♂️:confused:
Older tech has the bugs worked out, I'll give them that.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep. And it can even be worse depending on which plan you are on.

Here's another example:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Longest Range Mustang Mach-E Charging Test | 10-80% 01415882-0B9C-4E10-BE5F-6625957C7FAA

That's why so many people decide to just use Electric America or even the more expensive EVgo stations in the area.

We just got our solar panels installed. Hopefully we sized it large enough that we will have $0 electricity bill.
I hope your utility is not PG&E. If you over-generate, any excess generation credits are wiped out at “true-up” time (i.e. they don’t pay you a cent). 😕🐩

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
I hope your utility is not PG&E. If you over-generate, any excess generation credits are wiped out at “true-up” time (i.e. they don’t pay you a cent). 😕🐩
are you suppose to get a check? I'm in Pacifica and yes, Clean Peninsula does not send checks below $100

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
thank you for very interesting thread. I own 2 MMEs '21 GT and '22 CR1

1. GT real life range 160-200 (the faster you go the lower range). CR1 probably 10-15% better.
2. EVgo is more common for my local driving so I use them and very often they are cheaper than EA
3. my last road trip (Valencia, CA to Pacifica, CA) I did my best to charge at 350kW station and keep it for 20 minutes, until charging speed above 99kW. it kept my road time a little bit shorter.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
are you suppose to get a check? I'm in Pacifica and yes, Clean Peninsula does not send checks below $100
No. PG&E wipes my over-production every year. It’s the reason I bought a PHEV after my father died, so that I am using more of the electricity I am generating than I would have otherwise wasted as gasoline. PG&E keeps the electricity and all credits are returned to zero on true-up. I get to pay the delivery fee. 😅🐩
Sponsored