TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK, I have a question from the Mach Drop recipients with a build date.

So, you have your build date, congrats!

Did you get an email from Ford Corporate that looked just like the regular build date notifications or have you been notified in a different way?

There are a few Droppers here that aren't sure if they have been dropped, or maybe they were dropped from the Mach-drop.
Build date notification was ONLY from the dealer. Zip Zero Nada from Ford about anything other than original acceptance of the Machdrop request.

Got the VIN from the dealer too. Can use the online VIN tracker now, but there's no dates in there other than order date.
Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks, so no build date directly from Ford, just the dealer.
Some dealers aren't good with communication. I'm thinking there may be more M-drop build dates than we know of if this is the case for others.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Some dealers aren't good with communication. I'm thinking there may be more M-drop build dates than we know of if this is the case for others.
I have an email from the Mach Drop people confirming my order. I have confirmation of my order and a build date and VIN in an email from my dealer from his Ford system. But nothing on my Ford.com profile - only my original Premium order is listed there which has a build date of 2 weeks after my FE.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Possible, but I believe every Machdrop date we've seen so far is Jan 4, and there's been quite a few reported. I'd be a bit surprised if there's other build dates, but never know.

IIRC there were a few others that said they haven't gotten a date (or VIN) yet either, so perhaps safety in numbers. But at the same time, I'd also be a tad concerned about something just not showing up right in your order making it hard to find. Have you gotten an actual order book confirmation from your dealer (i.e. an actual WBDO print or email)?

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I got an email two months ago from ford that my Mach Drop was confirmed.

My dealer also then called me about a week ago and told me there is a build date of 1/4/21
This is my case also. No email from Ford re build date, just the original email that machdrop was reserved. Dealer informed me of build date.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
OK, I have a question from the Mach Drop recipients with a build date.

So, you have your build date, congrats!

Did you get an email from Ford Corporate that looked just like the regular build date notifications or have you been notified in a different way?

There are a few Droppers here that aren't sure if they have been dropped, or maybe they were dropped from the Mach-drop.
For Mach Drop - Received Order confirmed email from Ford in Oct. Mach Drop build date and VIN provided by dealer - no email from Ford. Ford said that as much in the Mach Drop days i.e., no online status etc,. With no on line account based reservation, the build date or other status emails would not be generated. That's my theory.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I cornered "the guy" at the dealership tonight. I had to show him where to find the build date. I have a build date! Like I thought, my two Mach's might be on the same truck.
priority 2, build week 1/4/2020

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I cornered "the guy" at the dealership tonight. I had to show him where to find the build date. I have a build date! Like I thought, my two Mach's might be on the same truck.
Hopefully you predicted the Jan 4th date before he logged onto his computer. That should have left him feeling a bit useless. :)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah, that's about how it went. He said he was going to call me on the weekend when a new customer came in asking about the Mach-e.

I guess he didn't because he doesn't return my calls very often.

Now I just need a VIN.

Does anyone with a 1/4 build week have a VIN?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah, that's about how it went. He said he was going to call me on the weekend when a new customer came in asking about the Mach-e.

Now I just need a VIN.

My Premium is 1/4/21 but no VIN yet.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Now I just need a VIN.

Yes I do.... dealer gave me the VIN same time as telling me build date

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Now you get to make a choice .. what are you going to drive away with from the dealership... FE? I have a month between the two orders

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm 98.7% sure I'm be getting the RR FE MME.