horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I wonder if it should be week of 1/4/21 instead of day of? Does the total count of Mach Drop cars exceed the daily capacity of the plant?
Yes, I stand corrected. I should have said "week of". Of course, I still have a 20% chance of being right on the date. ;-)
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm assuming it is build week.

We've heard ~300 Machdrops. Easily in one week, maybe in one day, although everything we've heard suggests multiple trims continually mixed into the assembly line, so more likely they're spread throughout the week.

That's all assuming COVID doesn't set us back. Presumably this is the 1st week back after some holiday pause. Not sure if that's good or bad.
So why are they only scheduling one mac drop per few days or week? get it over with for god's sake! ugg...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So why are they only scheduling one mac drop per few days or week? get it over with for god's sake! ugg...
No idea. Doesn't make sense. Although I'm not 100% sure they not actually scheduled, but rather some dealers either haven't figured out how to find it, or some piece of data is wrong, etc.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
No idea. Doesn't make sense. Although I'm not 100% sure they not actually scheduled, but rather some dealers either haven't figured out how to find it, or some piece of data is wrong, etc.
I think what you say is most likely what is happening.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Emailed my dealer, Mach Drop build week, 1/4/21. VIN 3FMTK3SU7MMA10xxx. Dealers have the information. Don't expect an email from Ford.
There will be a big line of FEs heading out the door that week

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I contacted my dealer's GM on 11/5 when I received build date for the original Premium order. He said he just had an operation and was going to to be out for 2 weeks. Today he emailed back:

I found 2 orders in the order bank. The original order (VIN#, Order#) is, in fact, going into production. This is now a stock unit and the refund was issued. You will still get updates but should ignore them on the above order, the orders are locked any no changes can be made and that is why you will still see updates on this cancelled order.
There is your First Edition order, this has not scheduled yet – Emails will go out as this progresses.

This tells me that not all MachDrops are being built the week of 1/4 and that dealers are not cancelling the original orders, but converting them to stock. He had also said previously to expect 1½ to 2 months from build to delivery.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I contacted my dealer's GM on 11/5 when I received build date for the original Premium order. He said he just had an operation and was going to to be out for 2 weeks. Today he emailed back:

I found 2 orders in the order bank. The original order (VIN#, Order#) is, in fact, going into production. This is now a stock unit and the refund was issued. You will still get updates but should ignore them on the above order, the orders are locked any no changes can be made and that is why you will still see updates on this cancelled order.
There is your First Edition order, this has not scheduled yet – Emails will go out as this progresses.

This tells me that not all MachDrops are being built the week of 1/4 and that dealers are not cancelling the original orders, but converting them to stock. He had also said previously to expect 1½ to 2 months from build to delivery.
Contacted my dealer today as well and he said there was no build date but he was able to provide me a VIN. When I put the VIN into the order tracking site, I see my car, but no production date their either. Is there anyone else on this site that does not yet have a build date for their Mach Drop FE?

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Contacted my dealer today as well and he said there was no build date but he was able to provide me a VIN. When I put the VIN into the order tracking site, I see my car, but no production date their either. Is there anyone else on this site that does not yet have a build date for their Mach Drop FE?
You're not alone. No build date or VIN for me...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just saw there's a Swiss buyer with a 1/4 FE build date. Looks like 1/4 is when they switch from NA to EU (and maybe UK) FEs.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Seems like they are scheduling only a few FE Drops per week. Even if all build on 1/4, how long is this going to take to be done scheduling the 300 or so? This process is just slow... My milestones will be

Build date & VIN -- still waiting
Finish Date
Ship Date
final truck to Dealer date

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
ok, I have my VIN's...

So I decided since I got off a little early I would make the trek down to my dealer. My dealer wasn't busy so I was able to go right in to see the man with the info. Right off, he said he didn't have a VIN for me. I'm like hmmm, everyone else has one. Well.... hmmmm .... hey has your demo car been built yet? He did not know. I'm trying to be nice, friendly even. Hey, let's look! So he pulls my order up (I don't know why), and prints out a standard P.O., which I already had. Then I lean over, look, and say ..maybe it's in the same place the build date was. He smirks because I showed him where that was the last time I was there. Then pulls my FE order up, and what do you know, there's my VIN. Again it's in white letters, on a blue background. It's on the left.
I hope this helps those who have not been able to get a VIN.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
ok, I have my VIN's...

So I decided since I got off a little early I would make the trek down to my dealer. My dealer wasn't busy so I was able to go right in to see the man with the info. Right off, he said he didn't have a VIN for me. I'm like hmmm, everyone else has one. Well.... hmmmm .... hey has your demo car been built yet? He did not know. I'm trying to be nice, friendly even. Hey, let's look! So he pulls my order up (I don't know why), and prints out a standard P.O., which I already had. Then I lean over, look, and say ..maybe it's in the same place the build date was. He smirks because I showed him where that was the last time I was there. Then pulls my FE order up, and what do you know, there's my VIN. Again it's in white letters, on a blue background. It's on the left.
I hope this helps those who have not been able to get a VIN.
Did you have a build date? I have my VIN from my dealer, but they couldn't give me a build date...I thought VIN was only issued after a build date...
Sponsored