JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just an update... VV shows mine having arrived at the Denver-area UP facility overnight. It's rail journey is over. Now it's just a matter of the unload/reload to truck it 27 miles to my dealer. And whatever charging/prep he does. I'm guessing I'll get the call Monday to pick it up.
Both our trains in theory should have started around the same time , and your train covered just about half the distance of mine in 10 days - at this rate I wont see mine before March 1 ...no VV updates at all but was hoping delivery by the 25th...
Sponsored

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
As we get closer and closer my patience is getting thinner and thinner. I know that’s the wrong way to be but I am jealous of everyone posting about their cars. Even with the issues. I called my dealer yesterday and he said it’s in PA, which seems pretty dam close to NY, but he said yeah you should have it in the first or second week of March. Ouch? On the bright side he did have me fill out the financing paperwork yesterday so I feel like I did something productive.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
As we get closer and closer my patience is getting thinner and thinner. I know that’s the wrong way to be but I am jealous of everyone posting about their cars. Even with the issues. I called my dealer yesterday and he said it’s in PA, which seems pretty dam close to NY, but he said yeah you should have it in the first or second week of March. Ouch? On the bright side he did have me fill out the financing paperwork yesterday so I feel like I did something productive.
Yup I gave my dealer all financing info he needed as well yesterday - as a way to keep things moving -

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Hey - at least your dealer knows where your car is. Mine still says it's at the factory, even though it's been shipped since late Jan and definitely reached KC....

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hey - at least your dealer knows where your car is. Mine still says it's at the factory, even though it's been shipped since late Jan and definitely reached KC....
I just tracked three MMEs my dealer listed on their website today and it looks like they are all taking 2 weeks to three weeks to make it to So Cal. All shipped mid to late January.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just an update... VV shows mine having arrived at the Denver-area UP facility overnight. It's rail journey is over. Now it's just a matter of the unload/reload to truck it 27 miles to my dealer. And whatever charging/prep he does. I'm guessing I'll get the call Monday to pick it up.
Update to my update... It was delivered to my dealer this afternoon! They're charging it now and will run it through the pre-delivery inspection in the morning. Barring any problems that need addressed, it should be ready sometime in the afternoon. ?

Gathering up all my X-Plan info, title and value estimates info for a car we'll trade in, incentive program details, etc. Oh, and lots of?.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So now it's a foot race, eh?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes because we all know the trip from Pennsylvania to New York takes 3 weeks. Maybe if you travel backwards in slow motion on foot while spinning around. There has to be a better way. This service is so dam antiquated. It's absurd.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I just tracked three MMEs my dealer listed on their website today and it looks like they are all taking 2 weeks to three weeks to make it to So Cal. All shipped mid to late January.
Yeah mine was shipped on 1/22, so ~4-5 weeks to NorCal.

I WANT MY DARN CAR! Wahh. (apologies for the whining, just losing my mind at this point).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Yeah mine was shipped on 1/22, so ~4-5 weeks to NorCal.

I WANT MY DARN CAR! Wahh. (apologies for the whining, just losing my mind at this point).
well, mine has been built since January 14th, and still hungover from her weekend fling with Mr tequila. Looks like my mache can't handle her liquor. Hope when she gets her she is not a packaged deal and one in the oven.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Both our trains in theory should have started around the same time , and your train covered just about half the distance of mine in 10 days - at this rate I wont see mine before March 1 ...no VV updates at all but was hoping delivery by the 25th...
There's so much churn time in rail transit that I never realized before. I found a stat page for KCS (the railroad that runs the trains from Cuautitlan to KC). Says their systemwide average train speed is ~13 MPH when all the stops/starts are factored in. Between stops they go faster, but in cities they slow way down, and they stop a lot to drop off some railcars and add others. And that can take many hours each. Or even a day. Plus they have to park off to the side a lot when another train passes. Or when that crew has reached their legal time limit and another crew dispatched to take over.

It's all just a lot more complex (and slooow) than I ever expected.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
There's so much churn time in rail transit that I never realized before. I found a stat page for KCS (the railroad that runs the trains from Cuautitlan to KC). Says their systemwide average train speed is ~13 MPH when all the stops/starts are factored in. Between stops they go faster, but in cities they slow way down, and they stop a lot to drop off some railcars and add others. And that can take many hours each. Or even a day. Plus they have to park off to the side a lot when another train passes. Or when that crew has reached their legal time limit and another crew dispatched to take over.

Yeah considering the revolution in shipping that is taking place right now, this whole experience has shed a light on the inefficiency of the auto industry’s shipping methods. I may hate Tesla, but I am positive they would never settle for 3 weeks to travel “max” 400 miles. I never so much as gave the idea of how to ship a car even a passing thought until this experience. I’m sure most of us never really did either. I truly believe the old car buying experience is dead. For the last 4 new cars I have bought, I spent days and sometimes weeks scouring dealer inventory to find the exact car I wanted. Then I would have to take a day off work at a time when I thought I could most effectively execute a dog and pony show of negotiation tactics that were completely unnecessary. However, I did actually kind of liked it. It brought the Hunter gatherer in me. Those days are done. Let me order a car like I order a pizza. Half pepperoni/half onions and peppers. And get it to me in under a month maybe a month and a half.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag

The good news is that inclement weather has less affect on train movement.