timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
My dealer confirmed week of January 4 as well, so it sounds like that's going to be the case for most if not all Mach Drops.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Thats right - while we all can cut Ford some slack, what has transpired with the Mach Drop and the order scheduling leaves scope for lot of improvement in clarity and communication.
Clarity and Communication? For me anyway, there is no clarity, and no communication. And someone , somewhere, knows whats up and could easily put this to rest. but nada...

anyway, happy for all those that did get dates and such. just venting...

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
There is still time to go buy a different BEV before the end of the year if your finances require a rebate/refund/tax credit in this fiscal year.

We will understand.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is still time to go buy a different BEV before the end of the year if your finances require a rebate/refund/tax credit in this fiscal year.
Maybe even a new MME order with a better dealer might still show up in April or May. The reservation priority isn't looking like it mattered much.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So, there's been a lot of ragging on the First Edition moniker. Considering all Ford has done to keep the Mach E on track despite COVID-19, the fact that all of the First Editions seem to be scheduled in the first ~ 6 weeks of production sounds pretty First Edition to me.
Perhaps they should take a cue from the newspaper industry (remember those?) and call it the "Extra Edition." Maybe they could rebadge them all ... starting now. ;)

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can temporarily adjust your income tax withholdings starting 1 January and get the cash back on your paychecks in the start of the year. Depending on how much you normally have in withholdings, it should only take a few months to have the entire $7500 in hand.
Ahh, but for some, like me, I am retiring on 12/31/2020 and so my income (and thus Federal taxes) decrease significantly. As such, it will be difficult for me to even hit the $7,500 in actual tax liability unless I take a large sum out of my 401(k) [~$60,000] to get to the $7,500 tax liability.

Hopefully, I can make the 401(k) withdrawal(s) and put it somewhere for safe keeping.

Yes, it does make a big difference for some of us.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Now I got an email back from the EV Team. They said my dealer is wrong and that my Mach Drop First Edition hasn't been scheduled yet. I'm beyond frustrated now.

BTW... I think you guys will like this line from the EV Team:
"The EV Team provides dealers with a wealth of resources to help them stay informed and help customers with their Mustang Mach-E purchasing experience."

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Now I got an email back from the EV Team. They said my dealer is wrong and that my Mach Drop First Edition hasn't been scheduled yet. I'm beyond frustrated now.

BTW... I think you guys will like this line from the EV Team:
"The EV Team provides dealers with a wealth of resources to help them stay informed and help customers with their Mustang Mach-E purchasing experience."
Its crazy and one more in the MachDrop saga - atleast you have your premium build date I think

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Its crazy and one more in the MachDrop saga - atleast you have your premium build date I think
I do. The funny thing is that I was really happy with that order and I would be fine with a December 21 build date. But then I let myself get excited by getting a First Edition. And then I told my wife we were switching to the Grabber Blue that she really, really wanted.

Now I am frustrated and debating whether to just tell my wife we're going back to red. The Mach Drop program could have been a big opportunity to make people like me feel like we were getting something special and now we are just irritated.

(I'm still excited by the Mach-E and in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal... but let me rant for a minute!)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do. The funny thing is that I was really happy with that order and I would be fine with a December 21 build date. But then I let myself get excited by getting a First Edition. And then I told my wife we were switching to the Grabber Blue that she really, really wanted.

Now I am frustrated and debating whether to just tell my wife we're going back to red. The Mach Drop program could have been a big opportunity to make people like me feel like we were getting something special and now we are just irritated.

(I'm still excited by the Mach-E and in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal... but let me rant for a minute!)
It's bizarre. But maybe they just haven't gotten all the Machdrops scheduled yet? You could just be on the last page or something. I guess there's still time before having to make any decision between the two, unless your dealer says he has to cancel one. I know dealers were warned by Ford not to keep 2 orders open for the same customer if they were only going to buy one. Mine said Ford can threaten to cut back their allotments if they keep orders open just trying to snag one for inventory like that.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag

I'm actually surprised they are getting these MMEs out so fast.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's bizarre. But maybe they just haven't gotten all the Machdrops scheduled yet? You could just be on the last page or something. I guess there's still time before having to make any decision between the two, unless your dealer says he has to cancel one. I know dealers were warned by Ford not to keep 2 orders open for the same customer if they were only going to buy one. Mine said Ford can threaten to cut back their allotments if they keep orders open just trying to snag one for inventory like that.
Customers are allowed up to 2 orders so that isn't an issue.
It does make sense that all Mach Drops would be batched together into the ordering system since I think those have to be entered from Dearborn's end. I would be very surprised if any of those get a build week other than 1/4/20 or maybe the week after at most.

But we all have learned not to make to many bold assumptions any longer....
?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm actually surprised they are getting these MMEs out so fast.
Same.
The ramp up is incredible. It sounds like maybe the suppliers were finally able to confirm they could meet or exceed the delivery requirements. Having 2 shifts running now or very soon is a very very good sign. Without a doubt, there must have been a TON of coordination efforts to make this a reality.

We'll probably get some more details from the insiders when allowed....

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I still haven't received my Mach Drop build date, just called the dealer, but my Premium is scheduled!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Customers are allowed up to 2 orders so that isn't an issue.
Yes, but they wanted them to be legitimate orders for that same customer. Not 2 orders for a customer that's only intending to buy 1 (thus leaving a late cancel for the dealer to snag one for inventory).

I "offered" that to my dealer (saying he could keep my Premium order open till the last minute if he wanted so he could get one for inventory), and initially he liked the idea. But later he told me that Ford had warned dealers not to do that, and to clean up any 2nd orders (unless that customer was actually buying 2, of course). Which makes sense as it would be unfair to other customers with orders.
Sponsored