Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Hi all,

I’m new here as I’m just starting to think about a Mach E. As I’m in the Denver area, I figured I’d ask here. Can you let me know how it worked for you all with the tax credits? Did any dealer apply the state $2,500 credit towards the purchase price?

Were there any other credits then other than the $7500 federal rebate?

thanks!
As Zule said, the $2500 CO State Tax Credit and the $7500 Federal Tax Credit can only be claimed by you when you file your taxes, so dealers can't deduct it for you. They are refundable credits, but they can't make your tax liability less than $0, but assuming you work full time then you probably have more than $7500 in total tax liability. If you are retired or otherwise have very little taxable income then you may not be able to claim the full credit.

That said, the Ford Options purchase plan (read the other threads here on the forum about it) allows you a one-time adjustment to your payment, with the intent that when you get your tax refunds in the spring you make a big one-time payment, and they recalculate your new monthly payment. Details on that plan will be out by tax time, but it is a nice touch for people who will be getting that tax refund and want to recalculate their monthly payments.

The only other incentive was a $1000 ford cash incentive for using Ford Options ($2500 in some states, but only $1000 in CO). Also, if you pay a deposit to place your order, make sure they account for the deposit as additional down payment - many dealers have "forgotten" to deduct it at purchase time (though SilTerHar remembered without me asking).
Sponsored

sandrift

First Name
V.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME AWD ER; Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
We bought ours from Sill-TerHar in Broomfield -- we had some little burbles in the beginning (we ordered Infinite Blue, then Ford discontinued it and we seemed to know more from reading these forums than the salesperson did when we called to find out what we should do) but ultimately, they came through for us in a big way when someone who'd ordered the same config we did (in IB) decided not to take delivery and they offered it to us. We ended up essentially getting the car we originally wanted/ordered in early April on 5 July. Same experience as another poster, pickup went smoothly, reasonably quickly, no hard sell on the extra warranties, and no ADM.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Premium EX AWD (Ordered)
Country flag
Hey Colorado folks - I'm looking to place my order on a Mach-E and was wondering if anyone had experience ordering from Schomp here in Denver. They don't have ADM and seem fairly easy to work with. Only issue is they don't accept X plan pricing. Do any of you know of dealerships that accept that on the Mach-E?

Also, my plan was to sign up for the mustang club of America to get access to the X plan pricing. I would need to be a member for 90 days before I could use it but I assume that would be fine since I'm 6+ months out from receiving my Mach-E anyway?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Also, my plan was to sign up for the mustang club of America to get access to the X plan pricing. I would need to be a member for 90 days before I could use it but I assume that would be fine since I'm 6+ months out from receiving my Mach-E anyway?
Correct. You use the PIN at time of delivery. At time of order, all you need to verify is that the dealer will accept X-Plan at time of delivery. Many dealers will on orders, but not on in-stock vehicles.

wombats3

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Mach E Premium EX AWD (Dark Matter Gray)
Country flag
Sil Terhar in Broomfield has no ADM and accepts X Plan.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I used Brighton Ford and they did no ADM and took X-Plan. Even programmed my self-sourced extra FOB for free. But I'd be weary that the economy is changing and you never know if they will continue doing business the same way they have. I had a good experience also with Schomp BMW back when I bought my X3. They are a good brand.

Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE and 2023 Bronco Badlands(ordered)
Country flag
Sil Terhar in Broomfield has no ADM and accepts X Plan.
I second Sill Terhar, great customer experience when I got mine. I actually am ordering a Bronco through them now too and it’s just as painless.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I second Sill Terhar, great customer experience when I got mine. I actually am ordering a Bronco through them now too and it’s just as painless.
Thanks for the responses! I’ve reached out to Sill Terharr to double check on the pricing and will place my order. Now the wait begins…

Now that I’m thinking of next steps, do any of you have recommendations on a charger install for my garage? Anyone use the xcel energy program?

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the responses! I’ve reached out to Sill Terharr to double check on the pricing and will place my order. Now the wait begins…

Now that I’m thinking of next steps, do any of you have recommendations on a charger install for my garage? Anyone use the xcel energy program?
Nice! Hope they treat you well - my experience there was very easy and pleasant. If Scott is your salesperson tell them that you were referred - I don’t think there are any perks but positive feedback is important with so many dealerships going for the quick buck over the long relationship these days. It’s good for them to know that people are coming to them because they value a simple and straightforward deal with no games.

I installed a simple GrizzlE charger hardwired, as well as a 14-50 outlet for a future 2nd EV / as a backup. I don’t need another “smart” thing in my life, and the car’s built-in scheduling works just fine. The Xcel deals at the time for me didn’t look very appealing, and I don’t have room for a 2nd meter or anything external (3 unit condo w/ garage).

When you have the opportunity to get the TOU smart meter installed, go for it, I did some calculations and in almost all cases it saves money if you are willing to do most of your charging at night.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Placed my order today at Sill-TerHar. I hadn't gotten a call back and decided to just stop in. The salesman who helped me ended up having to ask around to confirm the pricing and acceptance of the X-Plan but we got it figured out. It does sound like TJ is the one who is handling the mach-e orders now (he was out when I stopped in). It doesn't sound like Scott is still there. They do have notices up that they charge $699 handling fees but were fine waving it for me. Not sure if that's a recent change on their part or not but something to be aware of.

Also of note to other potential buyers in the Denver area, Sill-TerHar only charges $500 for their deposit whereas all the other dealerships I looked into charge $1000. A pleasant surprise!

Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Placed my order today at Sill-TerHar. I hadn't gotten a call back and decided to just stop in. The salesman who helped me ended up having to ask around to confirm the pricing and acceptance of the X-Plan but we got it figured out. It does sound like TJ is the one who is handling the mach-e orders now (he was out when I stopped in). It doesn't sound like Scott is still there. They do have notices up that they charge $699 handling fees but were fine waving it for me. Not sure if that's a recent change on their part or not but something to be aware of.

Also of note to other potential buyers in the Denver area, Sill-TerHar only charges $500 for their deposit whereas all the other dealerships I looked into charge $1000. A pleasant surprise!
You will like the people at Sill Terhar a lot, great dealership. I had to take my GTPE in (check my post history) for service after 300 miles and they took care of me so quickly. Ordered the part same day and I had my car back in about a week.
Nicole is still the one managing orders (regardless of salesperson you work with for Lightning, Mach E, and Bronco) because she was working on my Bronco order just today. You’ll want to make sure to be nice to her since she can get you all the relevant info once your order gets closer. For example, once my VIN and Pin was available she provided that when I inquired (needed for detail tracking sites). I even stopped by a few days after the car shipped from KC and she looked up the exactly location the shipping train was at the moment so I could zero in on an arrival date.

Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I bought the non hardwire ChargePoint home flex from Amazon. I like it because it is just one app to deal if in the event I needed to use a ChargePoint public charger. I had a 240v outlet installed by Legacy Electric. My advice on electricians is to shop around. I got quotes ranging from $750 to $1400 to run the cable from my basement to the garage. Go to the Nextdoor app and see which electricians your neighbors recommend. Also, I got a couple shops that tried to charge the Tesla tax right away by asking for service call fee just to get an estimate to which I told them to pound sand. Keep in mind you can get a tax credit of 30% of your total cost between equipment and install.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You will like the people at Sill Terhar a lot, great dealership. I had to take my GTPE in (check my post history) for service after 300 miles and they took care of me so quickly. Ordered the part same day and I had my car back in about a week.
Nicole is still the one managing orders (regardless of salesperson you work with for Lightning, Mach E, and Bronco) because she was working on my Bronco order just today. You’ll want to make sure to be nice to her since she can get you all the relevant info once your order gets closer. For example, once my VIN and Pin was available she provided that when I inquired (needed for detail tracking sites). I even stopped by a few days after the car shipped from KC and she looked up the exactly location the shipping train was at the moment so I could zero in on an arrival date.
Funny you mention that. They emailed me the order sheet earlier today and her name was on it and I had no idea who that was. I'll be sure to contact her once my vehicle approaches a build date.

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
I’ve got my GTPE on order via Phil Long in Littleton. They seemed super responsive. Got phone calls from 3 people after I placed the order to confirm and make sure I was happy with things. So far so good. They say they accept X-plan.
Sponsored