Mach E Delivery Date and Financing Options Confirmed

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Why has nobody else been contacted from their dealership?
I trust that Ford capable of hitting a ship date.
Let’s see some more reports from members with earlier build dates.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Interesting that Ford doesn't have a shipping plan but yet the dealer can give an exact delivery date. I call BS!
my dealer doesn't know sh$% from shinola and doesn't know how to look up my order status. I can't see any updates in my account Order at Ford.com , so I'm getting pretty frustrated with lack of info

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've set my eyes on the Mach E, just not mine specifically and I'm comfortable with that. Any defects up to the time of handing over the keys are covered by Ford. E.g. transit damage = simple delay in delivery.

I definitely have to look into the tax rebates for purchase versus delivery date and see what I can do.. Just wanted to let everyone know they may have the option to finalize the sale before year end.
" motor vehicles you placed in service during your tax year " Finishing financing and bill of sale does not count as "in service" according to my CPA. And, this is NOT a tax rebate - there is no check for $7500 waiting for your name to be sent to you. This is a tax credit against your tax liability ("Tax you owe" on your 1040, and has nothing to do with a refund or having to send a check). You must have a tax liability for the year of $7500 or more to get the full tax credit. If your tax liability is $5000 for 2021, that will mean you can only take a $5000 tax credit. This kind of tax credit cannot put your tax liability below $0. Look up the instructions for Form 8936 at IRS.GOV.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
" motor vehicles you placed in service during your tax year " Finishing financing and bill of sale does not count as "in service" according to my CPA.
Huge "I am not a tax accountant" disclaimer here, but I work in large scale renewables and when we take advantage of the Investment Tax Credit for utility scale solar projects, "placed in service" means that we have title over the project (we own it), we are legally allowed to operate it (permits in place), and it is in normal daily operation (it is on and running).

If placed in service for vehicles is anything similar, then "legally allowed to operate it" probably means it is registered in your name, and normal daily operation means it works. Unfortunately that makes putting it on your 2020 return somewhat unlikely.

That said, everything is fungible with the IRS and if you and your accountant are willing to go to bat for a particular interpretation then you are free to do so, just be cautious.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Huge "I am not a tax accountant" disclaimer here, but I work in large scale renewables and when we take advantage of the Investment Tax Credit for utility scale solar projects, "placed in service" means that we have title over the project (we own it), we are legally allowed to operate it (permits in place), and it is in normal daily operation (it is on and running).

If placed in service for vehicles is anything similar, then "legally allowed to operate it" probably means it is registered in your name, and normal daily operation means it works. Unfortunately that makes putting it on your 2020 return somewhat unlikely.

That said, everything is fungible with the IRS and if you and your accountant are willing to go to bat for a particular interpretation then you are free to do so, just be cautious.
Agreed.

For current OP this topic discussed ad nauseam in numerous prior threads. Typically off topic but there.
Sponsored